I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2010 01:49 PM

I got a Mauser and mowed BANDITOSAM down.

Dimnos May 21st, 2010 01:51 PM

10K I hope you and Sam are ready to go on a killing spree later tonight. I only have one question... Can we lynch people?

DougClayton4231 May 21st, 2010 02:35 PM

@Dimnos, I'd rather shoot bad guys of some sort. Lassoing people is hilarious though.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2010 02:50 PM

I have softball tonight then going to hang out with gf. I'll be playing all night tomorrow night though. Get out of work tomorrow at 6pm EST.

The gang hideout missions are awesome. Especially the soundtrack.

Dimnos May 21st, 2010 02:52 PM

Im talking like 1 am for you east coasty.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2010 03:36 PM

I'll try to get on, might be at a bar around then though. I thought I had off all day tomorrow but I have to work instead.

darkvare May 22nd, 2010 12:54 AM

i've been hearing rumors of a delorean in a mine i'm gonna get my horse and look for it

10,000 Volt Ghost May 22nd, 2010 09:25 AM

That's gotta be a rumor but its awesome. I found out there is a white hungarian steed on the east east east side of the map.

If you ride it while escaping from Johnny Law in a certain condition you get an achievement:

Headin south on a white bronco.

:JUICE

Zhukov May 22nd, 2010 11:08 AM

Just bought Lost Planet 2, will play tomorrow.

LordSappington May 22nd, 2010 12:17 PM

I tried to play Assassin's Creed 2 last night; I quit after trying to race my brother. That game sucked horribly to me.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 22nd, 2010 12:23 PM

You should try it again, AC2 is a ton of fun. Racing someone is kind of lame.

LordSappington May 22nd, 2010 12:26 PM

I might try it if someone beats that part for me. Another big factor is I'm generally not too big on Medieval/Renaissance games. :\

TheCoolinator May 24th, 2010 09:01 AM

Just purchased Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC.

Its great, probably one of the best Batman games I've ever played. The voice acting is superb, the graphics are amazing, combat is fun and easy, and all the little gadgets really make you feel like your stepping into the big man's shoes.

Fathom Zero May 24th, 2010 09:15 PM

Preordered Alpha Protocol. FUCKING PUMPED FOR SPY ACTION.

Phoenix Gamma May 25th, 2010 12:55 AM

Just got the first 120 stars in Mario Galaxy 2.

Turns out there are 120 more stars that get unlocked after :lol They're really weird, too: they're tucked away in the levels and you have zero hints as to where they are, since the missions are numbered. Then if you even do find them, you usually have to exploit the mechanics to get them, like using Yoshi's tongue to fling yourself off of a flower then flutter kicking then backflipping off of Yoshi all in one go.

Fantastic game, though. It's reviewing like crazy.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 01:02 AM

I'm pissed you can't use the Classic Controller with these games. Super Mario Galaxy 1 was a horribly clunky piece of shit and I can't believe I hated a Mario game that much.

I just popped in Sunshine and all was well. :(

Phoenix Gamma May 25th, 2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 687287)
I'm pissed you can't use the Classic Controller with these games. Super Mario Galaxy 1 was a horribly clunky piece of shit and I can't believe I hated a Mario game that much.

I just popped in Sunshine and all was well. :(

You're the only one I heard complain about Galaxy's controls. Cause just about all the reviews are saying it controls really well.

I'm inclined to agree, but to each his own.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 01:16 AM

I'm really thinking that's it because I really, legitimately hated them. They feel way too floaty, I guess. I'm sure with practice or whatever, I could handle it.

But then, I don't really like the Remote + Nunchuk controller setup for any game on the Wii, so I'm probably not the best judge.

Phoenix Gamma May 25th, 2010 01:57 AM

See, I think they're pretty precise. I usually end up making the game a lot harder for myself by finding retarded challenges like trying to fling a hammer bro into the lava with yoshi's tongue in midair (came close, but I accidentally stomped on him in the air before he could land in the lava :lol ) or landing precise triple jumps in Bowser's stages while narrowly avoiding everything and randomly busting out sideflips or whatever. That's why I love these extra 120 stars; they require my kind of dicking around to find.

Actually, I do that a lot in Mario games. I just like seeing what kind of cool shit I can pull off, but I get a lot more into it with Galaxy 1 and 2. And Sunshine too, though I liked fucking around in that game more than the actual missions. At least Galaxy and Galaxy 2's missions are fun, and you really don't repeat much in the latter. One mission, you're spitting Bullet Bills at shit, the next, you're gliding a bird through a crumbling space station, then you're drilling through a house while the direction of gravity changes.

The only changes I would make to the sequel is to bring Splatter Matter back, get rid of the Fat Luma character, and have Bowser only appear once, with the Koopa Kids filling in all of the main boss fights leading up to him. They made the same stupid mistake of repeating the Bowser fight 3 times, and while they do add twists each time (the finale is actually really cool), it just loses it's impact. But everything else is really, really solid. Technically, a better game than the original in almost every way.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 02:01 AM

I'll look into it. :\ A bunch of friends are getting it, obviously. I'm the only holdout. I just got Okami, so I'm looking forward to playing that the first time.

Zhukov May 25th, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 687040)
Just bought Lost Planet 2, will play tomorrow.

Is boring, samey and tries so hard to be like Avatar.

It's also designed to be played online co-op, which pisses me off since I'm playing the game through with AI partners. I suppose it's my fault for not reading reviews, but it's really annoying to just be playing some capture the flag type deathmatch bullshit (with AI) when I just want to play a proper single player game.

OxBlood May 25th, 2010 08:57 AM

My second Red Dead arrived so I brought the first one back to Gamestop and switched it out for Blur which was a lot of fun in the beta...IGN doesn´t like it but who gives a shit...

DougClayton4231 May 25th, 2010 08:49 PM

I'm going to go ahead and warn everyone. Alpha Protocol is fucking horrible. It feels like a game from the early PS2 era. There are virtually no positives, the graphics suck, the sound sucks, the controls suck, the RPG elements suck, and the voiceover work is abysmal. Steer clear of this one unless you want to burn 60$.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 687379)
I'm going to go ahead and warn everyone. Alpha Protocol is fucking horrible. It feels like a game from the early PS2 era. There are virtually no positives, the graphics suck, the sound sucks, the controls suck, the RPG elements suck, and the voiceover work is abysmal. Steer clear of this one unless you want to burn 60$.

Glad I only preordered it on Steam for $50. >:

Then again, we aren't really alike as far as games go, so I think I'll enjoy it.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 687379)

Thanks for the warning but somehow thatīs hard to believe, the game looks totally okay in the videos and the Previews say the same...what happened?

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 05:23 AM

Some Spanish magazine reviewed it and said the character models and animations looked meh, but the replayability was great. They gave it a 88/100.

So whatever. I'm going to play it. I'm going to be a spy.

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 05:28 AM

So I got Blur.

I really like it. Haven't played much multiplayer, but I can just feel it in my teeth that that's where the game really shines. It does have that kart-racing feel that they talked about. It's got four-player splitscreen on the PC, too. Righteous.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 06:11 AM

The great thing about Blur for me is that I still have fun, even when I´m not winning. Sometimes I´m not even near the top 3 but I´m still having a blast :D

Just made Level 13 and the game unlocked...err...daily quests...interesting...

Also, I too will play Alpha Protocol next week and I´ll be a tech-guy I guess...I think that was one of the classes...

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 06:35 AM

I'm curious as to what you'll think about it. But yeah. I'll be the James Bond guy during my first playthrough. Then I'll just be a fucking mercenary the next time and just kill everybody.

I really like the Dodge Viper. And the Reverse Nitro Boost that lets you corner quickly, then catapults and goes WOOOOOOOSH. There's a big WOOOOOOSH factor in Blur.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 08:02 AM

True. My favorite Powerups are the Shield (gives me all kinds of advantages) and the Bolt, since I love to annoy people and the Bolt is ideal for that.

I also really love how they gave us the ability to swap out our Perks....whatsitcalled...Mods, yeah Mods, love those, it gives you so much flexibility by fine-tuning certain powerups...the shield boost is really nice, let´s me drive through two EMPs instead of one and the whole thing is active for twice the time...good stuff.

Still, out of 34 races, I only made first place ONCE...I´m just not good at racing games... :D

Concerning Alpha Protocol...I already know that I expect too much from it since I have to compare it to Deus Ex in terms of descisions and how you go about a mission and stuff like that...really looking forward to it.

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 08:34 AM

It's a fair comparison, considering that the character models look like they're from Deus Ex.

I enjoy the Bolts, along with the mod that lets you have four at a time. My fave event is the Destruction and seeing all these cars fly in the air because of the chain explosions.

DougClayton4231 May 26th, 2010 08:37 AM

Once you play it and see how god-awful the controls are, you'll probably want your money back. The only way I could see paying full price for AP is if I was completely ignorant and picked it up at a whim. But, one man's trash is another man's treasure lol.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 01:56 PM

I read somewhere that some people thought this was gonna be a shooter and they were dissappointed because it´s more like an RPG...which is fine by me.

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 04:38 PM

It's only called "the Espionage RPG" and all. :rolleyes

Dr. Boogie May 26th, 2010 04:40 PM

They were probably hoping that it would be an RPG in the same way that Mass Effect 2 is an "RPG".

Phoenix Gamma May 27th, 2010 03:02 AM

So I was telling someone about how awesome the Bit.Trip games were, and how much I'm loving Bit.Trip Runner, and they suggested Vib Ribbon, which I've never even heard of. Got it running on my PSP and...holy shit, I love it. I just wish there was a way to load MP3s onto it since I don't have a PS1 and a copy of the game. Cause six songs aren't enough.

Good shit, though.

Fathom Zero May 27th, 2010 03:45 AM

YE'VE NEVER PLEHED VIB RIBBON? Gyah.

OxBlood May 27th, 2010 06:54 AM

Ah, Söldner X 2 - Last Prototype is available and it´s a lot of fun. Played it for around 2 hours this morning and of course the Bosses have stupid german names that make me giggle in my Poäng (pretty comfy IKEA-Chair ;))

DougClayton4231 May 27th, 2010 10:38 AM

I couldn't get Blur to run on my PC. It kept crashing and disabling my graphics card and shit. It looked pretty cool though. I might pick up the 360 version.

I just started Just Cause 2 and the acting and story are painful to experience. It's like the writer had been lobotomized prior to writing the script. The gameplay is decent though.

MarioRPG May 27th, 2010 11:12 PM

Bit trip runner is hella fun and infuriating.

OxBlood May 28th, 2010 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 687490)
I just started Just Cause 2 and the acting and story are painful to experience. It's like the writer had been lobotomized prior to writing the script. The gameplay is decent though.

Thankfully the story and acting are the most unimportant thing about the game...itīs one hell of a fun ride, even if itīs repetitive. Had around 40 well-spent hours with JC2.

DougClayton4231 May 28th, 2010 07:18 AM

I like tethering things, it's pretty hilarious.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 07:23 AM

I found my favorite part of Blur - the sound design.

Like Transformers and shit. WOOOOOOOSH

10,000 Volt Ghost May 28th, 2010 10:05 AM

:micromachinesguy

TheCoolinator May 28th, 2010 07:10 PM

Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, it's really well made and highly addicting. I played it for a week straight now.

Can't wait until the next one comes out.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 07:12 PM

http://www.destructoid.com/review-al...4617.phtml#ext

Oh fuck. I tend to agree with Jim Sterling on a lot of games, so I'll probably feel the same way. :(

Dimnos May 28th, 2010 07:55 PM

Yeah. I really wanted AP but after Jims review I'll probably wait till I can pick up a used copy for like $20 or less :\

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 07:59 PM

I bought it on Steam, but it won't open up until the 1st.

So I nabbed it on a torrent. I already paid for the damn thing, mind. I'm gonna see how it plays in a minute.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 08:06 PM

FIRST THOUGHTS AFTER 30 SECONDS:

It's prettier than people have said. The dialogue choices are cool. I'm being a total dick to everyone.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 08:28 PM

Holy shit, I can't aim to save my life. This is so fidgety.

and I am now Fidel Thorton.

Dimnos May 28th, 2010 08:49 PM

GD it FZ. Why do you send me these mixed signals?! >:

darkvare May 28th, 2010 08:58 PM

lol you pretty much made the same exact character as gamespot reviewer
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/alph...ol/review.html

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 09:09 PM

Oh my god, I'm on the first mission and it's so awful. Targeting is shit, you won't be able to hit anything no matter what. Hacking is probably the worst minigame ever made and I think I'm going into seizures.

I can't warn people enough to stay away from this game, but I'm still going to play through because I spent fifty fucking dollars on it. >:

DougClayton4231 May 28th, 2010 09:26 PM

I fucking told you Fathom! lol If only you hadn't pre-purchased.

Dr. Boogie May 28th, 2010 09:42 PM

It sounds like you were spot-on. I was actually hoping that this might turn out to be the next Deus Ex sort of game, but instead it's just a turd.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 10:03 PM

If the gameplay wasn't so broken, it'd probably come pretty close. There's a really cool spy feeling about it, but it's just aaaaaaaaaaaagh.

Dimnos May 28th, 2010 10:10 PM

Did you get it on PC FZ? You still have the hope some skilled fan(s) will make some sort of patch or mod that will fix that shit.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 10:50 PM

True. It's about as stable as Merchants of Brooklyn.

I would be able to deal with all of the dickish moves Obsidian made if they made the camera rotate smoothly around the character.

I can't play a game when it's like that. I really can't. It keeps you from seeing your environment and the enemies, aiming, and everything else.

Dr. Boogie May 28th, 2010 11:24 PM

I'm sorry, Fathom, but I have to admit I enjoyed your series of posts on the subject:

"Okay, I'm a few seconds in, and everything looks good. Conversation options are alri-AAAUUUUGH GOD WHY!? WHY!?"

Guitar Woman May 29th, 2010 12:33 AM

Conker's Bad Fur Day!

At first I didn't care for it, until I realized it's not so much a Banjo Kazooie type platformer as it is a simplified version of a Lucasarts-ish adventure game. There's practically no combat in it at all, and the levels are teeny, as opposed to BK's sprawling, massive billion levels full of different stuff to do. Most of it is spent just running around, solving one or two puzzles, then moving to the next area.

It's ok, but not as funny as the internet would have you believe.

Pentegarn May 29th, 2010 06:06 AM

Despite the gross out humor it has, I always thought the Great Mighty Poo fight was interesting and unique. Before that I never had to fight a boss that sang to me.

OxBlood May 29th, 2010 06:35 AM

I admit, Alpha Protocol is pretty much shit in the technical department but I still like it, I just didn´t think they´d mess up the optics and part of the controls that much...I don´t really mind the whole "I can´t hit shit"-thing, since it´s an RPG, not a Shooter. Look at any Bioware RPG. People are hitting each other in the face with maces but nothing happens as long as the dice behind the scenes don´t say so.

But I can understand that most people will get some kind of seizure when they play this game ;) good thing I got it a bit cheaper...

They should do they same thing I proposed to the Nier-team: Keep their story-writers and gameplay-designers, fire the rest and get some grown-ups to program their game.

DougClayton4231 May 29th, 2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 687552)
I'm sorry, Fathom, but I have to admit I enjoyed your series of posts on the subject:

"Okay, I'm a few seconds in, and everything looks good. Conversation options are alri-AAAUUUUGH GOD WHY!? WHY!?"

lmao, I'm glad I could at least warn some people. I couldn't even finish the training mission because I hated it so much.

OxBlood May 29th, 2010 07:46 PM

The training mission sucks, true. The other hubs are quite interesting up till now.

Finished Saudi Arabia and Taipeh and I´ve just arrived in Russia for my thrid operation...it´s nice how the people you meet remember in which order you went to which place...the guy I met in Taipeh (3rd Opration in the list, I did it first) talks about the things that happened there, how he and I were involved and what it can mean for our continued cooperation in Russia (1st Op in the list, doing it second). I suppose he´d treat me a lot differently, had our first meeting gone more hostile...could´ve tried to kill him too of course...but I prefer to keep potential benefactors alive, even if they´re the apparent head of some secret tech-mercenary-group.

DougClayton4231 May 29th, 2010 07:53 PM

Just beat Resident Evil 5 for the first time. The last few chapters were designed by satan himself, I swear. It's like they don't want you to enjoy the game at all and most of it is not self-explanatory. I can't imagine beating it on the hardest difficulty, it must be like slamming your dick in a car door.

Fathom Zero May 29th, 2010 08:45 PM

I broke a controller while fighting Wesker for the first time, I think.

That's when I returned Resident Evil 5 and never ever played it again. :lol

Fathom Zero May 29th, 2010 09:36 PM

For anyone wanting some good espionage action and spy stuffs, there's a game called Subversion coming out from Introversion Games, the makers of Darwinia and Defcon. It's very promising looking.

http://www.introversion.co.uk/blog/index.php
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/subvers...08163937851035

darkvare May 29th, 2010 09:37 PM

i kiled wesker in like 5 minutes the second fight of course

Fathom Zero May 29th, 2010 09:41 PM

The quick time events were such bullshit in that game. That's why I stopped.

darkvare May 29th, 2010 09:48 PM

yeah at least in umbrella chronicles they had the courtesy of letting you know when they were coming with the effect on the screen

Sam May 29th, 2010 10:55 PM

You guys are such pussies. :lol

Dimnos May 29th, 2010 11:43 PM

Im with Sam. Your all pussies if you cant beat Wesker or the QT events. :\

darkvare May 29th, 2010 11:57 PM

wesker was easy i even beat it with a stupid ai partner

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2010 06:25 AM

I didn't care for most of it anyway. I liked Mercenaries more.

OxBlood May 30th, 2010 09:29 AM

Alright, finished Alpha Protocol on normal with an Engineer in about 15 hours. Up until the very last part it was really fun despite all the technical shortcomings...I for one don´t regret getting it :)

Now, on to replaying it as an asshole field agent.

DougClayton4231 May 30th, 2010 02:43 PM

Wesker wasn't the hard part, the hard part was the giant roaches that have one hit kills and the multiple gatling gunners. Was anyone else offended that Sheva's other two costumes make her look like a stripper? Maybe it's just my feminism kicking in lol.

OxBlood May 31st, 2010 05:00 AM

Wesker, especially when fighting him the second time near the Bomber is more annoying than anything else. A pretty badly designed bossfight.

And I liked Sheva´s 3rd outfit for the obvious reasons...but the second one looked fuck ugly...maybe it was the haircut and the glittering gold-stuff...horrible.

That reminds me, I still gotta buy RE3 for my PSP :)

Also, I´m still having a blast with Blur. Level 19 and quite a lot to work with already :)

DougClayton4231 May 31st, 2010 08:58 AM

Sheva refused to fight Wesker the second time so it was pretty frustrating for me too. I wish my girlfriend would just play the damn game with me, it would make it a lot less ridiculous....actually maybe not :P

10,000 Volt Ghost May 31st, 2010 01:25 PM

Or you should play RE5 online. I'm always up for it.

DougClayton4231 May 31st, 2010 02:38 PM

lol, I refuse to pay for xbox live and I don't have a PS3. BTW, is it worth it to get one yet? I really want to play MGS4 and Heavy Rain, as well as watch Blu-Rays eventually.

Zomboid May 31st, 2010 03:25 PM

Yeah, Heavy Rain and Blu-Ray is making me kinda wanna get one. Then again, there still aren't enough other titles that I actually wanna play.

darkvare May 31st, 2010 05:20 PM

heavy rain is only good if 2 things get together 1 you haven't had the game spoiled and 2 only if is your first playthrough after that it looses all its charm even the director said don't play it more than once

OxBlood May 31st, 2010 05:46 PM

Depends on what you define as "worth playing". I actually got the PS3 for Infamous. MGS4 is not a game you buy a console for. You play it at a friends house, shake your head and go home ;) But if you already have a PS3, buy it.

Other Games worth mentioning:

Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain (Rent), GOW3, The Ratchet and Clank-games, Uncharted Series, 3d Dot Game Heroes, Maybe Little Big Planet and Folklore too aaaand that´s about all the Exclusives I own...stay the fuck away from Resistance, especially the first one, horrible game. Also didn´t like the oh so great Killzone 2...all very uninspired and boring to me...might get it now that it´s Platinum though...

DougClayton4231 May 31st, 2010 07:09 PM

Ok OxBlood. I was probably going to pick one up once the price of used games drops a bunch. I never buy consoles unless they are outdated. I've got no idea why lol.

Fathom Zero May 31st, 2010 08:11 PM

Heavy Rain is worth playing all the way to the end. Don't quit in the middle. I liked the super-awesome good finale, though, and how Madison got set up for a second game.

darkvare May 31st, 2010 10:07 PM

damn red dead redemption is multiplayer is pretty cool i need to level up i want the bull with the nose ring

OxBlood Jun 1st, 2010 04:47 AM

For some reason, Red Dead isn´t that interesting to me right now...I´m somewhere around...60 or 70% and haven´t touched it in a week because of Blur, Alpha Protocol and Söldner X2...which is still a lot of fun, gotta find all the secret keys to unlock the real ending though...

Dimnos Jun 1st, 2010 09:20 AM

You have it on PS3 dont you vare?

darkvare Jun 1st, 2010 12:32 PM

yes i do

Dimnos Jun 1st, 2010 01:25 PM

:(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 1st, 2010 01:29 PM

:(

darkvare Jun 1st, 2010 01:34 PM

if you guys wanna play online i can rent it on wednesday i have a free rental and i want achivements :P

Dimnos Jun 1st, 2010 03:40 PM

You should wait till the weekend so you can get more play time with it. But then again I dont recall Bill being on during the weekend. He has a life or something so maybe the weekday is better. :\

darkvare Jun 1st, 2010 03:42 PM

i'm on vacations starting wednesday

Dimnos Jun 1st, 2010 03:43 PM

Ah.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 1st, 2010 04:15 PM

I work on saturdays, but usually like to play on sundays. I have off on tomorrow but I need to do mad laundry.

kahljorn Jun 1st, 2010 06:59 PM

I love the second bossfight with wesker near the bomber :(

there's like a few neat things you can do but i cant remember them :( i think one of them is when you shoot the rockets at him and he stops them, you can shoot the rockets and theyll blow up in his face :O

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 1st, 2010 09:25 PM

I like how he jumps over to the bomber, picks up a rocket and like does the Heisman before throwing a fucking rocket at you.

Now that's badass.

Dimnos Jun 1st, 2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 687866)
when you shoot the rockets at him and he stops them, you can shoot the rockets and theyll blow up in his face :O

I assumed that was the only way to kill him because that is all I ever did. Is it not? :confused: I also remember turning off some lights or something but it has been a while.

darkvare Jun 1st, 2010 10:09 PM

you have to shoot the rockets then stab him with the serynge