I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 16th, 2011 08:29 PM

G fucking 4. I was wondering why I don't watch it anymore. Because I've had directv for a year. Fuck those dicks.

Esuohlim Jun 16th, 2011 08:42 PM

I watched Web Soup on G4 last week. I don't think the show knows that it isn't funny.

Kitsa Jun 16th, 2011 11:06 PM

Really wanted to enjoy Jon Benjamin has a van. Did not enjoy it at all. Only laughed once, and halfheartedly.

What I really want is a McGuirk spinoff. Sometimes I pretend that it's McGuirk's Burgers instead of Bob's.

Esuohlim Jun 16th, 2011 11:23 PM

I could listen to him talk all day. I forgot to watch the show last night, but I saw promos constantly and hearing McGuirk's voice come out of a real dude is captivating

Kitsa Jun 16th, 2011 11:31 PM

It's weirder when they show him up close. He almost looks like Paul Giamatti, but with different eyes.

I could also listen to him talk all day. But the show...bleh. It was too "done". It was like the Tim and Eric Awesome Show gets when they're trying too hard and stops being funny and just starts being kind of uncomfortable.

I love that the back of the van is painted like his ass, though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 17th, 2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 726666)
Really wanted to enjoy Jon Benjamin has a van. Did not enjoy it at all. Only laughed once, and halfheartedly.

What I really want is a McGuirk spinoff. Sometimes I pretend that it's McGuirk's Burgers instead of Bob's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 726668)
I could listen to him talk all day. I forgot to watch the show last night, but I saw promos constantly and hearing McGuirk's voice come out of a real dude is captivating

Just watch archer.

He's also in the movie "the ten" which might be the funniest movie ever made.

kahljorn Jun 17th, 2011 02:19 AM

oh i saw that bob's burgers show i think. it was pretty funny ;/

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 17th, 2011 01:34 PM

I started watching workaholics on comedy central. Its kind of funny but not brilliant or anything. Definitely watchable.

Some episode last night had two of the guys arrive home both wearing fedoras and they get mad at each other due to the "One Fedora per crew" rule.

The one guy is like "Yeah right. You give up yours. I look totally sweet in mine. I'm ska right now. I'm pretty much in Reel Big Fish."

Which to me hits a personal point. I would definitely wear a fedora except for everyone else that already wears one irritates the heck out of me. Once they go out of style I'm going to get one.

Kitsa Jun 17th, 2011 10:23 PM

I haven't been able to stand Comedy Central for a long time.

kahljorn Jun 18th, 2011 02:16 AM

ive never liked any person who wears hats i dont think

Mad Melvin Jun 18th, 2011 08:01 AM

I have a two week vacation and was thinking of watching something I haven't seen before. I hear good things about Justified. Maybe I should start with that. On the other hand, this would be a good time to watch Twin Peaks.

Dimnos Jun 18th, 2011 10:26 AM

I really want Justified to be like a modern Deadwood but its probably not, so I dont watch it. :\

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 18th, 2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 726836)
I have a two week vacation and was thinking of watching something I haven't seen before. I hear good things about Justified. Maybe I should start with that. On the other hand, this would be a good time to watch Twin Peaks.

Do you have netflix?

Mad Melvin Jun 18th, 2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 726843)
Do you have netflix?

No. I already bought Twin Peaks boxset and i'll just pirate Justified. If it's any good, i'll buy the boxset of that too.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 18th, 2011 11:13 AM

better get watchin then. summer is about to start.

Kitsa Jun 18th, 2011 04:21 PM

Go slow on the Twin Peaks, just a few eps at a time.

Ex Leper Jun 18th, 2011 07:33 PM

Currently streaming Married with Children. They replaced the theme song with generic sound-alike music to avoid paying for the song :\

Kitsa Jun 18th, 2011 10:12 PM

Blasphemy.

Married With Children embodied that ugly late 80s-early 90s time so well, too.

I'm wrapping up the fourth season of Dexter, over halfway now. Finished the first book, too, which I hated. I hate the way it's written. I never imagined that the characters on an inspired-by cable show would have more depth than they did in the book they came from. God, I hated that book. Couldn't wait to finish it, to get it over with. Mad at myself for buying the first two at once...now I'll have to read that one, too.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 19th, 2011 12:03 AM

I have 3 of the later seasons of married with children on dvd and they do the same thing with the theme song....fuck that.

executioneer Jun 19th, 2011 12:19 AM

what the shit. you absolutely can't have married with children without that song, pay to license it you cheap fucks

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 19th, 2011 12:45 AM

executioneer Jun 19th, 2011 12:52 AM

THAT'S NO EXCUSE

Ex Leper Jun 19th, 2011 09:01 AM

Luckily I snuck repeats as a kid so I know how it properly sounds.

Pentegarn Jun 20th, 2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Leper (Post 726905)
Currently streaming Married with Children. They replaced the theme song with generic sound-alike music to avoid paying for the song :\

Ex Leper Jun 20th, 2011 01:08 PM

I love sound-alikes when it's parody but with a show like Married With Children they should just pay the rights again, I think they can still use it on re-runs. There original contract probably didn't include home video as an option which is also why The State was butchered.