I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Comedians You've Seen in Person (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704835)

timrpgland Jun 23rd, 2010 02:46 PM

Comedians You've Seen in Person

I haven't seen too many big names but a couple are:

Jim Gaffigan once
Jerry Seinfeld twice

Jim Gaffigan was quite good. We had front row tickets. Of course he talked about hot pockets for a little too long.

The 2 Jerry Seinfeld shows were a couple years apart from each other so they were quite similar both times. The first time he took questions and stuff at the end. The second time he didn't. The second time was before they aired the curb with the Seinfeld reunion so he did talk about that a bit. The first time we saw him scoot off in his limo right after the show even though when he was taking questions he said he'd stick around to sign stuff. We didn't have anything to sign and ended up just leaving anyway so we thought it was funny watching from a distance.

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2010 03:13 PM

I saw Neil Hamburger last month. He's not really my cup of tea, but he really knows how to beat a dead horse and handles hecklers really well. Haha.

I also saw Henry Rollins, 'cause he does a little standup stuff on occasion. He's as awesome as you might imagine.

Esuohlim Jun 23rd, 2010 03:20 PM

I've only seen some nobody named Jimmy Dore. I missed out on seeing Seinfeld once due to an utter lack of advertising and I was pretty mad when I found out after the fact.

I always wanted to see George Carlin in person too, but :(

Dimnos Jun 23rd, 2010 03:40 PM

I saw Howie Mandel right after he shaved his head he was actually pretty funny. Arsenio Hall was at the same show and was even better.

I once saw Dave Attell in New York but I was so drunk I dont really remember much of it. I left a drunk message on a friends voice mail after the show. Sounded like I had a good time. :\

Dr. Boogie Jun 23rd, 2010 04:13 PM

Dane Cook twice
Louis Ramey
Vince Morris
Ron White
Nick Swardson

For the Dane Cook shows, it should've been him once and Dave Attell once, but his Insomniac schedule interfered.

In the middle of his set, Ron White told a joke, took a brief break to mock a guy making too much noise, then told the same joke again. First time: laughter. Second time: silence.

Mad Melvin Jun 23rd, 2010 04:45 PM

I saw Pablo Francisco when he was touring here. He sucked. The warmup act was from a guy named Flip Schultz and he was way better. Other than that, I've only seen some Finnish stand-up comedians.

EDIT: If I had a wish, I would go back in time to like 1990 and see Bill Hicks. I've seen Relentless and Revelations at least 10 times and they're still funny as shit.

Dimnos Jun 23rd, 2010 05:08 PM

I keep Relentless on my ipod and listen to it on the way home every now and then. Best ever. :tear

P.S. ~ Arizona Bay too.

Zomboid Jun 23rd, 2010 09:03 PM

Why would anyone want to go see Dane Cook?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2010 09:44 PM

Dave Chappelle.
BAM BAM Williams.
Caroline Rhea.
Stella.
Michael Ian Black.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2010 10:54 PM

i was at a party with ron lynch and brody stevens once

timrpgland Jun 24th, 2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

I also saw Henry Rollins, 'cause he does a little standup stuff on occasion. He's as awesome as you might imagine.
I saw Henry Rollins at a "spoken word" thing a couple years back. He made a couple jokes but I didn't think he was trying to do comedy. Kind of preachy through most of it and tooting his own horn a little.

Fathom Zero Jun 24th, 2010 03:30 AM

Yeah. It's a buncha anecdotes and stuff. Reminds me a lot of Bill Hicks, though, which I guess is why I would say it's a bit of stand up.

And I would say Jello Biafra does spoken word. Rollins is hilarious. Biafra is awful. That's the biggest difference between spoken word and stand-up for me: interest or boredom.

Pentegarn Jun 24th, 2010 09:01 AM

As much as I love stand up comedy, I have only gotten to see George Carlin live.

I wanted to see Mitch Hedberg, but that will never happen now :(

I also want to see Scott Aukerman, Jimmy Pardo, Bill Dwyer, and Mitch Fatel

BatmanJohnson Jun 27th, 2010 07:47 PM

I see Dave Chappelle Regularly. He lives near my favorite comic shop.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 28th, 2010 12:07 AM

I will be in Cleveland, OH on wednesday. I hope he is also there.

Mockery Jun 29th, 2010 12:06 AM

I've seen a lot of comedians, but most recently was Harland Williams (and yeah, he's still my absolute favorite comedic performer to see live).

Pentegarn Jun 29th, 2010 06:56 AM

He is coming to C-bus later this year. I want to check him out

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 7th, 2010 05:19 PM

Hella lame in Virginia at the end of may. :(

Tadao Jul 8th, 2010 11:56 AM

Brian Posehn bumped into my elbow and apologized at a Black Sabbath show last year.

mischief Oct 28th, 2010 06:01 PM

My first live comedy show was David Allen Grier at the Improv in San Jose and I thought he was aces :). Does Wayne Brady's show Making Shit Up count? Joan Rivers, David Spade, Todd Glass, , Ian Bagg, Rita Rudner, and umm.. tons of locals at dive bars and the Improv here.

And I don't know if this counts either but Kids in the Hall did a show at the huge comedy festival that came to Vegas and I got to go to that.

Pentegarn Oct 29th, 2010 10:45 AM

Since this got bumped I can update who I saw.

Finally got to see Jimmy Pardo live. Funny as hell. And quite the gentleman who appreciates all of his fans. I shook his hand told him my nephew and I were both huge fans. He asked my name and said thank you. People before me in line to say hello to him saw him in Toledo and he remembered them.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 29th, 2010 01:42 PM

The trailer park boys are touring now but I don't want to spend any amount of money for it.

The Doctor Oct 31st, 2010 06:14 AM

Couple weeks ago I went to the Just For Laughs Tour, notables were Jeremy Hotz and Bob Kelly

Esuohlim Nov 1st, 2010 11:53 AM

I used to hate Jeremy Hotz with a passion, but after seeing past his terrible gimmick there's some genuinely great comedy going on.

Sam Nov 2nd, 2010 07:51 PM

I saw Doug Benson on Halloween, and he was too high to do stand-up.

So he sat down the whole time.