I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Kitsa Jan 14th, 2010 07:51 PM

:pagebrak

I'm a food artist and every time something I've done with blue food coloring shows up in some magazine somewhere I get a bunch of people who go all nuts AAARRRGH IT'S GROSS WHO WOULD EAT SOMETHING BLUE YOU MUST WANT US TO POISON OUR CHILDREN YOU EVIL BITCH GAAARRGGGGGGGHHH

Tadao Jan 14th, 2010 07:51 PM

Yeah, I see bread everywhere now. :(

Chojin Jan 14th, 2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 667812)
where in the east coast you gonna be girl?

also, will you jump up and down on my penis [ ] yes [ ] no

Chojin Jan 14th, 2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 667813)
I'm a food artist and every time something I've done with blue food coloring shows up in some magazine somewhere I get a bunch of people who go all nuts AAARRRGH IT'S GROSS WHO WOULD EAT SOMETHING BLUE YOU MUST WANT US TO POISON OUR CHILDREN YOU EVIL BITCH GAAARRGGGGGGGHHH

People really have issues with eating blue things? weird

everyone knows blue shit is awesome for you

Tadao Jan 14th, 2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 667811)
tadao - oh, anyway, you didn't seem fat in your pics. crash diets like south beach are mostly for people that need to lose a lot of weight very quickly for health reasons.

a much better way to diet is to count calories and then eat about 500 less per day than it'd take to maintain your bodyweight. 3500 kcal = 1 pound of fat, so in theory you should lose a pound of fat every week doing that (in practice, more of that pound is lost in lean body mass unless you exercise - but also if you exercise your calorie requirements go up, so you can both eat more and get better results).

I've been slowly getting huge in the belly. I need to drop 20 pounds and then maybe a little more. This holiday of candy and leftovers, plus slackin with my GF has really done me wrong.

Kitsa Jan 14th, 2010 07:58 PM

I know, that's what I'm sayin'.

One of my things when I'm doing Japanese lunchbox art is putting a couple of drops of blue food coloring in the rice-cooker water. It results in really vivid blue rice which is great for backgrounds. I can even screw with it and get a mottled background that looks a little like a cloudy sky.

And every time people get wind of it, I start getting emails about how gross blue rice is and how they'd never eat it and how toxic they're sure it must be blahblahblah.

People have no idea how much food coloring they take in every day. It's in vitamins, for crying out loud.

Chojin Jan 14th, 2010 08:01 PM

tadao - i'd advise you to not fad/crash diet if you don't need to lose 30+ pounds. You can easily drop 1-2 pounds a week through calorie counting and exercise (though I guess your options with exercise would be limited).

the crash diet i went on was pretty similar to south beach, but set up from more of a realistic/study-based perspective than a scientific perspective, plus you got 2 free meals a week of wtfever you wanted. all you need to ezmode it is a foreman grill. also it doesn't have a retarded maintenance phase like south beach does (UHHH JUST DO THE DIET, BUT LAZIER, FOR ETERNITY). if you're interested gimme a pm and i'll send it to you.

elx Jan 14th, 2010 08:02 PM

there should be a mockery fitness club :(

Chojin Jan 14th, 2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa
People have no idea how much food coloring they take in every day. It's in vitamins, for crying out loud.

I remember one study found that it took a gallon of yellow 5 to cause erectile problems. In a rat.

Soon after, people thought that drinking mountain dew would cause your junk to shrivel.

Chojin Jan 14th, 2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 667822)
there should be a mockery fitness club :(

i've been thinking of applying to be a personal trainer at a gym after i get down to my target weight.

people wouldn't like me, though, because i'd just walk them straight to the free weights room, and they'd be all FORD, WHAT ABOUT MY MACHINES

Kitsa Jan 14th, 2010 08:09 PM

Well, I tried to be fair and there is a brand of 100% natural food coloring that I endorse when people ask. And when I had my gallery show last summer, I asked the company for handouts, which they sent. Every time someone came over and tried to pick a fight with me over food coloring (and there were a few), I'd hand them the flyer and tell them about it.

The problem is, the stuff is made with natural spices and vegetable juices and it's always going to taste a little like the original ingredient. So you could end up with vaguely beet-flavored cake icing or something like that and it could be weird. I try to use the natural stuff whenever I can, but sometimes the artificial colorings are unavoidable.

Chojin Jan 14th, 2010 08:10 PM

just use the artificial stuff and pretend you use the natural stuff when people ask, imo

Tadao Jan 14th, 2010 08:10 PM

I'm pretty limited to speed walking and light weights. My GF is used to this diet and I like it cause I'm all I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T EAT, so she cooks for me.

Chojin Jan 14th, 2010 08:15 PM

well like i said, south beach and lyle's crash diet are very similar, since both are PSMF (protein-sparing modified fasts) that also cut out fat. the big difference is that with lyle's you get free meals (or carb-loading meals, if you're not obese) and you're recommended certain vitamins. the best diet is the one you can stick to, however, so if you're comfortable with south beach, by all means.

I recommend 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 and 6-8g of fish oil every day for everybody, but when you're on a diet like yours tadao, you should also look into magnesium citrate (not oxide) and potassium - this will help you avoid going into a coma and schiavo'ing the night away (for people who don't have bone problems like yours, taking a calcium supplement is also important to preserve bone density when crash dieting). Get everything in gelcaps, not tablets. Fish oil is pretty hot shit for anyone and does a ton of stuff, from mood improvement to fat burning.

Kitsa Jan 14th, 2010 08:15 PM

The natural stuff is pretty limited in scope...the red is kind of magenta-y, the yellow is kind of mustard-y, and the blue is sort of purple-y. Makes mixing a little more of a pain if you're going for a wide variety of colors. You can do it, it's just harder and it relies more on a pure-white substance to be colored (rice, yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, etc).

The artificial stuff can make it easy...I can even do stuff in neon colors if I want.

Sam Jan 14th, 2010 08:19 PM

I'M GOING TO COMIC-CON :3

kahljorn Jan 14th, 2010 08:21 PM

:O did you already register?

bigtimecow Jan 14th, 2010 08:23 PM

what chojin said

Sam Jan 14th, 2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 667833)
:O did you already register?

Yes, for Friday. :O

elx Jan 14th, 2010 08:42 PM

did you hear that, jonathan?

LordSappington Jan 14th, 2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 667832)
I'M GOING TO COMIC-CON :3

Say hi to my girlfriend for me. :x

Sam Jan 14th, 2010 08:44 PM

:rolleyes

Sam Jan 14th, 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 667838)
Say hi to my girlfriend for me. :x

I'll put my dick in her hands if she is nasty enough for it. :x

LordSappington Jan 14th, 2010 08:47 PM

By 'girlfriend', I meant 'she-male Lebanese prostitute', silly.
The market's bigger than you think.

Tadao Jan 14th, 2010 08:52 PM

Sam, is your furry suit finished?