I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favorite band to see live. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221)

CastroMotorOil Feb 3rd, 2003 03:38 PM

Favorite band to see live.

I'd have to say mine is Slayer, I love how much Slayer's fans get into the band. I rember the first one I went to (i was about 16) and was in the bathroom pissing and a Slayer chant started up. Takes devotion to shit and chant your favorite band's name at the same time.

Generator86 Feb 3rd, 2003 03:53 PM

Bad Religion, if only because they'll play between 25 and 35 songs in a hour and a half. I have this habit of throwing up afterwards due to exhaustion. God, I love them.

Helm Feb 3rd, 2003 04:18 PM

Candlemass.

Zero Signal Feb 4th, 2003 05:05 PM

Opeth or Blind Guardian

The Retro Kat Feb 4th, 2003 09:39 PM

Blind Guardian. Phish too, but they're not metal.

Malevolent Feb 4th, 2003 09:54 PM

Fear Factory (never to be seen live again) and Rammstein. I wish I could say Tool, but I missed out on that one :(

Blackjack Feb 5th, 2003 06:43 AM

All the bands I wanna see, I've pretty much already seen (and I've seen well over a hundred bands in my time).

The only real band I desperately want to see is Metal-lica, who are tankfully playing at Leeds this year. Rock on. And maybe Slayer too. And Manowar, for cheese factor.

Top gigs have been:

Bad Religion
Less Than Jake
Mad Caddies
NOFX

I have the worst taste in music ever :(

Ninjavenom Feb 5th, 2003 12:04 PM

I'm gonna say Pennywise.

Lord Darian Feb 5th, 2003 01:39 PM

I'd say the Foo Fighters, every song was clear and perfect and at the beggining of the show dave and taylor had a drum off.

captain howdy Feb 5th, 2003 04:23 PM

I would have to give Cannibal Corpse the title as the best band live. Of course Slayer comes in at a very close (cunthair) 2nd.

CastroMotorOil Feb 5th, 2003 06:52 PM

I went to CC but HATED the fans (at my show) they were just plain violent sons of bitches. I have NO problem with aggression and stuff at shows, but these guys were actually trying to seriously injure poeple, saw em break a guys arm on purpose, kick heads in and shit like that. Ruined the show for me. Incantation was there though and they were jsut brutal, awesome. :rock

Helm Feb 5th, 2003 08:09 PM

Incantation: = great :)

Obituary used to be very good at live shows too. Never saw them myself, but a close friend says they where very good. Amazing vocals. Best in the genre, if you aks me. He used to not sing some verses to catch his breath or spit, I am told, which is a minus. :|

Darryl Feb 5th, 2003 10:43 PM

I saw Obituary on their Cause of Death tour. They were very good.
I also saw them on their Back from the Dead tour, but John Tardy was sick, so there was some skinhead guy singing hardcore style instead. It was extremely disappointing. :(

Ninjavenom Feb 5th, 2003 11:07 PM

I've got a pretty neat video of them playing "Turned Inside Out" that was shown on Headbanger's Ball, and i thought it was pretty good. They let people get up on stage and dive off, and if you stay on too long, they'll get tossed off by pushers. :)

sMG1 Feb 6th, 2003 01:05 AM

AC/DC is a good one.

Generator86 Feb 6th, 2003 02:05 PM

My first concert was Cannibal Corpse on the Tomb of the Mutilated tour. I couldn't have been more than 14 or 15. I ended up getting up in the front row against the barricade and was pinned there for the entire show. When it was done, I literally had a bald spot on the back of my head from getting huge chunks of hair ripped out. The best part was that I had to go to school the next day while all my friends just slept in. Oh, but I did get to meet Chris Barnes. He was actually really nice, not to mention short as hell.

CastroMotorOil Feb 6th, 2003 03:53 PM

Yeah Barnes is kinda little lol.

CastroMotorOil Feb 6th, 2003 03:55 PM

Yeah Barnes is kinda little lol.

skinnycraka Feb 14th, 2003 02:56 AM

poison the well

BulletCatcher Feb 14th, 2003 12:23 PM

Poison the Well is so boring live. A hardcore band that stands around. Woot. :|

I really like seeing Between The Buried and Me play because I just stand there in amazement. Killswitch Engage is one of the best sounding bands I've seen live. The best performance, however, goes to a band from Syracuse, Ed Gein. Tech metal/grindcore at its best. They broke almost all of their equipment 2 of the 3 times I saw them.

unclehobart Feb 14th, 2003 01:28 PM

The Who/Queensryche/DIO

...they always went all out for a killer presentation

Helm Feb 15th, 2003 02:52 AM

Breaking one's equipment on stage is as retarded as it gets. What, am I supposed to break my brand new half a mil Les Paul because it's 'rawk and roll?' Fuck that. Greatest bands live as the ones that communicate their emotions most efficiently. Tech/grind bands have no emotions. That's okay with me, but breaking stuff up doesn't make up for that.

UnDeath Feb 16th, 2003 07:48 PM

well, this is my first post on this board, so I figure I'll make it count...

the best band to see live is Gwar. My girlfriend still has gwar blood on her bra.

theapportioner Feb 18th, 2003 09:32 PM

Amorphis, Rammstein, Sepultura w/ Max, System of a Down, Dark Tranquillity, Dillinger Escape Plan, Immortal, the Gathering, Hatebreed, Indecision

Geggy Feb 19th, 2003 01:35 AM

White Zombie during the astro creep tour back in '95 was pretty fucking badass.

Seeing Tool live was a very emotional experience, considering that I was in an altered state of mind throughout the entire show.

Neurosis, Cannibal Corpse, Rollins Band and Integrity were all excellent as well.