I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kick ass games no one knows about (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416)

Comrade Rocket Feb 6th, 2003 09:27 PM

Kick ass games no one knows about

Have you ever play a game that kicked so much ass it hurt. But know one has heard of it. It makes me sad because I have played many games like this. One was RAD for the PS2. That game kicks ASS. It was about giant robots... and anything with giant robots rule.

Rongi Feb 6th, 2003 09:28 PM

Re: Kick ass games no one knows about

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Mockery Feb 6th, 2003 09:49 PM

Shut up Rongi.

Anyway, yeah there's a few games I really like that not many people I know have played.

-Captain Quazar
-Loaded
-Subspace

That's just off the top of my head... I'm sure there's others...

Rongi Feb 6th, 2003 09:52 PM

Quote:

Shut up Rongi.
:( I'm sorry.

Uh, there's this one game I like for the PS1 that no one, or at least no one I know, knows about. It's called Threads Of Fate, cool game.

Rongi Feb 6th, 2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

Loaded
Is that the game with the clowns on the front and they all have guns :/?

mew barios Feb 6th, 2003 10:08 PM

demon's crest is awesome :o

some people have even said it's better than sotn :O

i disagree :( but still. for how good it is, it's amazing how few people have even heard of it. :(

MrAdventure Feb 6th, 2003 10:19 PM

Demon's Crest was pretty fun but not that fun.

I always found Light Crusader on the Genesis to be pretty damn fun, though I guess it felt like crap to a lot of people. I was mostly in it for the music.

I also thought Ranger X would've been more popular, though it was at the time it came out, it just didn't get the respect it deserved later on.

Ninjavenom Feb 6th, 2003 10:34 PM

that Police LAPD psx game was always fun with my friends.

kinot Feb 6th, 2003 10:41 PM

Age of Wonders was pretty underrated but I had a blast with that game. It is just about good as X-Com. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is pretty damn fun too.

Anonymous Feb 6th, 2003 11:34 PM

One was RAD for the PS2. That game kicks ASS. It was about giant robots... and anything with giant robots rule.

For future reference, when talking about a game that people might not know about, you probably shouldn't use an abbreviation. It sounds like someone made a sequel to Totally Rad.

Anyway, I haven't found that many stores that have copies of Robot Alchemical Drive. It does sound interesting, though.

ItalianStereotype Feb 6th, 2003 11:49 PM

i remember totally rad.....that was a great game, i think. it was a long time ago and i dont really recall all that much about it.

a good strategy game not many have played is europa universalis 2. i am also surprised by how many people dont play mechwarrior.

Les Waste Feb 7th, 2003 12:49 AM

I thought Hunter: The Reckoning was one of the best games I've played in a long time, but most people I know haven't even heard of it. And of those who have played it, all of them hated it. :(

God, I fucking love that game :(

Zero Signal Feb 7th, 2003 01:01 AM

RAD stands for "Robotic Alchemic Drive" I believe. I played the demo and it was decent. The controls definitely take getting used to.

Zomboid Feb 7th, 2003 01:12 AM

The Haunting starring polterguy isn't very well known among even classic game groups, which is very surprising since it's such a good game. Ranger X is another really good one that not that many people have heard of. Zombies ate my neighbors is kinda well known, but I rarely meet anyone offline that's heard of it.

Ihach Feb 7th, 2003 01:20 AM

bobo, hunter was a kickass game, you get four people in there and just go nuts. crazy music and zombies galore, chainsaws, and a priest with a fuckin cross sword! you cant beat that!

Les Waste Feb 7th, 2003 01:52 AM

Slaughtering zombies in Hunter is so satisfying. It's like popping bubble wrap or something. I rented it and beat it multiple times, but I still might buy it.

Captain Robo Feb 7th, 2003 02:17 AM

Shooting Power Troopers with the Super Missile in Metroid Prime is more satisfying, as they fly 20 feet away and get stuck on the ceiling.

And Rongi got bitchslapped. :love

Tropical Feb 7th, 2003 02:37 AM

When metal gear solid first came out, nobody in my area played it :'(

kinot Feb 7th, 2003 03:32 AM

When METAL GEAR came out on the MSX. Nobody played it

Rongi Feb 9th, 2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tropical
When metal gear solid first came out, nobody in my area played it :'(

Why the hell not :/? Psycho Mantis fucking ruled :O

Rongi Feb 9th, 2003 05:55 PM

Quote:

And Rongi got bitchslapped.
:blah Actually I just told someone to shut up for no reason and Rog told me to stop. I don't really call that a "bitch slap".

Another great game no one's heard about is Dynamite Heady for the genisis. That game fucking owned :love.

CrapOnAStick Feb 9th, 2003 07:56 PM

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Sure it's a Greatest Hit, but if you ask the majority of gamers out there they won't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I also remember playing this game where you were a duck, but the thing was you were ELECTRIC and had to get to the end of the stage before you ran out of batteries. You had a lightning kick sort of attack too.

Helm Feb 9th, 2003 09:50 PM

CAPTAIN BLOOD

MrAdventure Feb 9th, 2003 09:57 PM

Maybe we should just merge the RogueLike thread into this one. >:

Ninjavenom Feb 9th, 2003 09:57 PM

Awesome icon, Rongi. No one really played that Pink Panther snes game, or Balloon Fight on NES much around here. Also, if my computer didn't want to be gay, i could probably tell you about how the MSX game was. Yay for roms. :P