I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   NHL 2012-2013 Season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708812)

Kitsa Mar 27th, 2013 08:02 AM

Caved and bought my 3 year old a jersey. 80 fucking dollars :eek

Prices should be on a sliding scale by popularity/success of team.

Tadao Mar 27th, 2013 10:53 AM

I think it's based on the NHL label :/

AChimp Mar 27th, 2013 07:20 PM

Y'all get that shit for cheap.

Jets jerseys cost like $150 here for replicas and $300 for the really good ones, plus an extra $80 to get numbers put on it.

Kitsa Mar 27th, 2013 11:27 PM

I could expect that out of an adult jersey, but not a toddler jersey.

I got her a puck for her Easter basket. It's white rubber with easter eggs and the jackets logo. I assume all of the teams go commemorative puck crazy for every holiday.

Colonel Flagg Mar 28th, 2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 766808)
part of me says fuck off I don't have to prove shit to you, but since it's in a folder somewhere I thought I would look

Now I have to go through looking for blurry pictures of descending burritos so fuck you anyway

It's on the internet, so it must be true ...

Quote:

Josh Hafer of the Columbus Blue Jackets recently described how the team has developed a unique way to leverage its partnership with Chipotle, a casual dining brand that has a cult following among Gen Y consumers. The Blue Jackets offer a "Chipotle Chutes" in-game segment where Chipotle goods are parachuted from the arena rafters. Fans clamor for the falling burrito chutes, which include a Chipotle t-shirt and a Burrito Buck, a coupon that is valid for one FREE burrito.

As the chutes descend into the crowd, the Blue Jackets' PA announcer tells the crowd, "Hey fans, look out for falling Chipotle Chutes!!! They are coming to sections XXX XXX XX XXX". The promotion is relatively inexpensive for the team (with 40-50 chute distribution per game), yet is EXTREMELY popular amongst the Blue Jackets fanbase. While the in-game promotion takes place, the Blue Jackets flash Chipotle Chutes messaging across the stadium's LED boards to drive awareness and additional messaging.

Colonel Flagg Mar 28th, 2013 11:06 AM

And I assume it also distracts the fans from what is happening on the ice.

Should have something like this for when the Flyers play the Rangers.

Tadao Mar 28th, 2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 766841)

Yeah, as soon as she said it I googled it and could only find written stories and no youtube video. I was hoping to egg here on so that she would find a video for me. Damit all to hell, she had a phone pic of it.

Kitsa Mar 28th, 2013 12:22 PM

Again, Tadao, fuck you.

Col Flagg- Thanks. I never heard the specific term "chipotle chutes", I just remember hearing them yell HERE COME THE BURRITOS and watching incredulously as all of these parachutes came down from the ceiling. I guess the t-shirt/burrito buck explains why no one was burned by burrito debris (although, in my chipotle experience, everything is room temp at best).

Kitsa Mar 28th, 2013 12:28 PM

wow, Iginla got traded.

I always thought he looked like Lister from Red Dwarf.

AChimp Mar 29th, 2013 01:06 AM

Shit pushed in by Penguins. :(

Tadao Mar 31st, 2013 01:03 PM

:lol and :(

Quote:

Oh, Ray Shero, hath thou encouraged the wrath of the Hockey Gods by coveting thy neighbor’s star unrestricted free agents?! (Or judging from the end of that clip, maybe screwy stuff just happens for Sid against the Islanders.)

Colonel Flagg Mar 31st, 2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 766843)
Yeah, as soon as she said it I googled it and could only find written stories and no youtube video.

Yeah, if you read the whole story (which takes some doing, I almost nodded off there for a second) they indicate that they will post any video anyone can capture of a "Chipotle Chute" event. But they haven't as yet been able to find one. Dammit. :(

AChimp Mar 31st, 2013 10:16 PM

Chipotle Chute sounds like what you can name your anus after you eat some of their food.

ZING

Kitsa Apr 1st, 2013 09:19 PM

Next game I go to I will try and get video. Trouble is, my phone takes horrendously shitty video of far away things.

Jackets are actually not doing too badly right now. Moved up from 15th to 8th, I think.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 1st, 2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 766867)
:lol and :(

:lol

He should have 'ed

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 2nd, 2013 11:14 AM

Treat him well kings

Tadao Apr 2nd, 2013 11:57 AM

He's an oldman. Maybe he wont pass the physical :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 2nd, 2013 05:15 PM

I'd assume he will pass with flying colors. He's a fucking monster.

AChimp Apr 2nd, 2013 10:08 PM

Fourth loss in a row. This sucks :(

3rd place or bust for the SE division IMO

Tadao Apr 3rd, 2013 11:33 AM

How do we keep losing to the Prairie Dogs?

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 3rd, 2013 11:54 AM

Eat dicks penguins and you're record breaking attempting having asses.

AChimp Apr 4th, 2013 11:10 PM

OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS

SEASON OVER

ANGRY FACE

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2013 11:47 PM

Bobrovsky continues to ride high.

Hope he doesn't fall prey to the Columbus Curse- stellar goalies that fizzle after their first season :(

Kitsa Apr 5th, 2013 06:16 AM

I didn't see Sidney Puckmagnet's latest exploits but I'm guessing that he took another one in the face (twss) and flopped over. Accurate?

It's weird how some players are just injury prone. I'm not taking anything away from the seriousness or severity of the injuries, but some of them (including, yes, my favorite ex-goalie) just really seem to be up for it a lot.

Haven't seen anything quite as gory as that Malarchuk throat slash. I'm glad they're better protected now.

AChimp Apr 9th, 2013 11:19 PM

Dear Buffalo

Thanks.

- Winnipeg

PS Fuck Washington