I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2009 NFL Season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702700)

Colonel Flagg Aug 3rd, 2009 11:57 PM

2009 NFL Season

It's training camp, I know, but the season is almost upon us....

According to the blogs, Jeremy Maclin finally signed a 5 year deal, so he'll make it to camp only about 8 days late. :\ This completes their rookie signings. Woot.

How are your teams doing with the '09 draft class?

Geggy Aug 4th, 2009 01:22 AM

I don't usually follow nfl during the offseason and I have no idea about the 09 draft players but I'm excited for the patriots now that tom brady is back. I'm also interested in seeing how the cinncinnati bengals will do this year. Cinco or whatever his name is went through transformation and he seems confident (and cocky) that his team will make it to the playoffs. It would be hilarious if the complete opposite has happened.

Pentegarn Aug 4th, 2009 01:38 AM

I am cautiously optimistic about the Browns having a new coach (face it, after Crennel anything would be an improvement)

Colonel Flagg Aug 4th, 2009 05:29 AM

"Romeo is Bleeding" :lol (I kill me.)

Pentegarn Aug 7th, 2009 09:19 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

There are no words....

When are they going to outlaw stupidity?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2009 10:51 AM

:lol What'll be even worse about that is he gets something out of it.

Colonel Flagg Aug 7th, 2009 11:21 PM

Forget making stupidity illegal, it should be effing PAINFUL!

El Blanco Aug 10th, 2009 01:01 PM

Tell Crabtree I am ranking him higher than any other rookie in my fantasy league. That's right, I'm saying he should get #1 over all type money.

Colonel Flagg Aug 10th, 2009 01:09 PM

He's gonna be waiting a loooooong time for that first paycheck, methinks.

Pentegarn Aug 11th, 2009 10:12 AM

God I hope so. Just once, for a change, let's see an overinflated sense of entitlement get punished rather than rewarded.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2009 03:08 PM

I guess someone spotted Michael Vick at the Buffalo airport heading toward Rochester, NY(Bills training camp)

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2009 03:51 PM

Wouldn't that be something? Vick and TO on the same squad.

The mind reels .... :faint

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2009 05:55 PM

I've been predicting this for some time now. We're going to bust O.J on weekends and bring back Scott Norward. Bad News Bills for the win.

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2009 09:34 PM

Holy fucking shit. Jesus Mary and Joseph. Hell hath done FROZE OVER!!.

MICHAEL VICK IS AN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2009 10:55 AM

Just read the news. Hopefully he fits in well with the Eagles. Football is going to be mighty entertaining this year.

El Blanco Aug 14th, 2009 12:01 PM

Great. A backup QB that can start playing around week 6.

So, how about a second RB or maybe a veteran wideout, or a little more help for the defense?

Nope.

Pentegarn Aug 14th, 2009 12:11 PM

And the Eagles officially declare (without saying it directly) they plan to run the Wildcat offense :P

Honestly I thought he would play for Minnesota or Green Bay

Pentegarn Aug 14th, 2009 12:12 PM

oops double post sorry

Colonel Flagg Aug 14th, 2009 02:04 PM

Bad press .... here in Philly the ASPCA advocates are spitting nails, and a recent unscientific radio poll indicates that 70% of listeners think this was a bad idea.

Maybe not so much ... now the entire Philadelphia sports world is focused on Vick and the Eagles, where before, Rick Pitino and the Phillies were the hot topics of conversation.

This might be brilliant, in a "reality show" kind of way.

Tadao Aug 14th, 2009 02:15 PM

Shit, I'm happy he got any punishment at all. Sometimes excessive lynching makes the cause look bad.

Colonel Flagg Aug 14th, 2009 03:42 PM

In this singular case, the punishment may have worked. He had everything ... then had it all taken away, (even filing for bankruptcy protection) before the age of 30. So who knows, maybe he'll turn himself around.

We'll see .....

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2009 04:10 PM

Maybe Vick can get a reality tv show on VH1 too. Then him and T.O. can get a power hour. We'll then have to sneak into the back of scenes on each show and it will be "almost" like we actually hung out.

I might need sleep.

MattJack Aug 15th, 2009 06:27 PM

Well Andy Reid already has two sons that are felons, so it makes sense to me in a way.

Pentegarn Aug 15th, 2009 09:23 PM

I wonder what the heck else the people yelling about Vick want.

He served significant time, lost millions of dollars, and more than likely nobody will ever give him an endorsement again. Karma already kicked this guy's ass up one side and down the other and people still feel he is somehow getting over.

I guess they won't be happy unless he is living in a gutter and it is on TV for their amusement.

What he did was horrible, yes. But he was tried, convicted, and served the sentence our justice system set for him. He paid his debt and he owes nothing else. Not to me, not to PETA, not to the ASPCA, not to anyone.

Colonel Flagg Aug 15th, 2009 10:25 PM

My head is with you, PG; my heart is with the animal-lovers. But when football season starts, I'll be cheering for the Eagles like the rest of the marching morons. That's football. :\

BTW, love the new avatar. "Have you tried the new Wiener Pork? It's Super Duty!"

@MJ - Yes, that's my take too - Reid can't afford to split hairs with "character" when he's got some "characters" of his own to deal with.