I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2010 05:01 PM

:pagebrak

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2010 05:03 PM

Electro-Spaghetti! :eek

Dimnos Nov 16th, 2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 704226)
also, this is awesome

This was only half as big last time I did it.

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2010 05:12 PM

Did you nail it? :eek

Kitsa Nov 16th, 2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 704228)
huh. so, if every time a black hole is mentioned, a hindu child commits suicide... it's a third world version It's A Wonderful Life

This has nothing to do with anything but it's the first thing I thought of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hole_of_Calcutta

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2010 05:15 PM

They must've been toffs. Regular pommy blokes live in that sort of squalor their entire lives.

Esuohlim Nov 16th, 2010 06:23 PM

So the only thing Girl Talk does to make a song is splice together 12 other songs?

Why the fuck is everyone getting so excited over this shit?

Fathom Zero Nov 16th, 2010 06:35 PM

It's cliche to say, but I like his old stuff. CUT-UPS FOREVAH

And it's not a songs he make now, they're mixes. As in tens of minutes. It doesn't make any sense to listen to one song from it the albums.

Esuohlim Nov 16th, 2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 704279)
And it's not a songs he make now, they're mixes. As in tens of minutes. It doesn't make any sense to listen to one song from it the albums.

These sentences are grammatical disasters! See me after class.

When I listen to music I like to appreciate artistic merit and some damn fine chops. Mashups do absolutely nothing for me because they remove everything that makes music enjoyable.

I'm not going to be an over-analytical weirdo about it, but it just makes me feel alienated when nearly my entire facebook newsfeed is in love with the new Girl Talk album and I don't see a shred of appeal in it. Usually I'm able to find something, but mashups just smack of a lack of real creativity and skill in making music.

Fathom Zero Nov 16th, 2010 07:27 PM

Shit, post-post edits suck ass.

Anyway, I'll disagree with you, since most of the music I like involves sampling in some way.

What would you have to say to the Young Punx and Phonat, whom make the samples they use? Are they terrible artists? Or is it only terrible if someone uses someone else's sound IN AN IMAGINATIVE WAY? Actually, that's why I like Kanye West's Power. Fucking King Crimson samples in there, yeh.

Quote:

When I listen to music I like to appreciate artistic merit
Douchechills

Do those people you know also like Asher Roth? Girl Talk is as pop as this subversive stuff can get. It's all fucking antiseptic. There are a bajillion better DJs and musicians out there. Dig into some older bootlegs, stuff like Frenchbloke & Son, Soundhog, the Freelance Hellraiser, Dsico, etc.

Esuohlim Nov 16th, 2010 08:06 PM

I mean, obviously I don't know enough about this stuff to really pass judgment upon it, but isn't the point of music to not think about it and just enjoy it? And that's the problem. For some reason I can't just enjoy it. I have to break it down like it's a science.

So for Girl Talk, when I hear ELO's Mr. Blue Sky over some hip hop beat, or Blue Oyster Cult and The Cars at the same time, it just feels soulless. Like, I know the dude put these two songs together on purpose and as a result it feels lacking in true inspiration. I sort of have the same problem with cover songs.

So I guess I don't really have a problem with artists making their own samples? I don't have to like it but I can understand the appeal a bit better.

I don't know, man, the more I talk about music the gayer I sound. It's like some weird-ass autistic personality disorder characteristic.

At least we have Oingo Boingo in common :hat

Fathom Zero Nov 16th, 2010 08:17 PM

Everyone's too worried about being too cool for the room. I don't pay too much attention to that part of my brain, since it screams at me all day for being too much anything. Obviously, I'd appreciate the intricacies of country if it was my favorite. I could tell you where the artist that made a mashup is from by listening to it, at this point. This music scene is where I'm at. But bootlegs and bastard pop and mashups are what got me into every other genre of music because half of the fun is making songs out of more and more disparate elements.

But yeah, just fucking like what you like and say something sucks if you think it sucks. People don't need to qualify their opinions! ENJOY IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL! BOINGO!

Sam Nov 16th, 2010 08:33 PM

Oh Dylan, you are such a free spirit, nothing can hold you down.

Fathom Zero Nov 16th, 2010 08:41 PM

eat shit and die

Sam Nov 16th, 2010 08:54 PM

One day someone will write fiction for young adults based on you and your philosophy.

MLE Nov 16th, 2010 09:26 PM

:lol

Fathom Zero Nov 16th, 2010 09:48 PM

>:

Kitsa Nov 16th, 2010 09:57 PM

holy fuck sam TURN THE CAPS BACK ON, you're making me all dizzy and lightheaded and shit

Wiffles Nov 16th, 2010 10:35 PM

OK, THERE BETTER ? HAPPY MONEY NOW?

Edit: oops ^^;

Sam Nov 16th, 2010 10:39 PM

I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE LOGGED OUT OF MY CHARACTER WIFFLES FIRST.

Tadao Nov 16th, 2010 10:45 PM

http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69705322

This guy is a total douche

Wiffles Nov 16th, 2010 11:26 PM

he seems like a normal human type person to me

Esuohlim Nov 16th, 2010 11:49 PM

Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Nov 16th, 2010 11:53 PM

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2010 11:55 PM

Shit off. >: