I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Jun 18th, 2010 03:44 AM

I remember the Gameboy Kid Icarus being quite fun but I know I never got very far, so I guess it was as fucking hard as the NES-Version.

Finally got Peace Walker and hell, it´s nice, even though I trigger the alarm too often...then again the enemies can´t see or hear shit, at least in the beginning.
My main complaint is the over-sensitive Analog-Nub, it´s pretty hard to just walk instead of running around.

k0k0 Jun 18th, 2010 08:20 AM

I never got into the gameboy or any handheld games really. I don't like the small screens. And really, as for kid icarus, it was a christmas present as a kid and I would have much rather had a different game under the tree that year. I played it as much as I could stand, but it's not a good game to me.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 18th, 2010 12:32 PM

I'm on the final level right now.

My beef with the game is that, on top of evil evil shit like Eggplant Wizards near the end of a dungeon (forcing you to backtrack and start over, or die and start over, meaning they successfully created a fate worse than death) and the bugs that steal your weapons permanently until you rebuy them, there's still really intrusive glitches, like enemies that just fall out of the sky in the first and third worlds, constantly. Or Reapers that fall off ledges, or watching the first boss walk through the wall on the left side only to reappear on the right, and the countless times I've watched an arrow go through an enemy.

It's bad enough that it's Nintendo Hard and that world 1 is the hardest part of the whole game, but constant glitches don't help. It's just really unpolished.

And I love portable games. It just more intimate, I think.

Dr. Boogie Jun 19th, 2010 09:46 PM

Playing Yakuza 3. Fans of the series were mad because Sega left out the hostess bar and mahjong minigames for the American release, but for me, they were among the worst of the minigames.

There's a new weapon/armor creation system where you watch DVDs and read magazines to learn new recipes. I swear to god, though, I think Koko was involved in making one of them:

The DVD: Enema Master II

Recipes:

Ball Buster
Brickshitter Beer
Ass Quills

k0k0 Jun 20th, 2010 09:37 AM

It'd be even more nonsensicle if I touched them. Buster would be Buttsr, Beer would be anus, and Quills would be Cocks probably.

Pentegarn Jun 20th, 2010 09:01 PM

Your over the top depravity makes me laugh, not for the jokes themselves, but because they are so excessive it is funny. :lol

OxBlood Jun 21st, 2010 04:11 AM

I think I overdid it a little bit...

Not only do I have Peacewalker, God Hand and Maken X here, my US-PSN suprised me with 20 Bucks on my account that I must´ve loaded some time back to buy Resident Evil 3 or something. So now I bought RE3, Suikoden1 (I´d give half a kingdom for part 2 on PSN) and Wild Arms 2. PLUS The Saboteur should arrive today too (finally cheap enough in the UK).

When am I gonna play all this shit...

DougClayton4231 Jun 21st, 2010 08:27 AM

Gonna try out Naughty Bear and Singularity today if I have enough time. Exams + work + other facets of life = no time for videogames. I'll be sure to tell everyone if either of these games are worth it though.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2010 12:29 AM

I've been playing TF2 a lot lately, but I feel like I'm getting worse at it. That, or today was just a really really bad day :(

Beat Kid Icarus. Last level's pretty lame. Meh.

Fathom Zero Jun 22nd, 2010 01:37 AM

It can be like that. Don't sweat it. You'll have a better day tomorrow.

DougClayton4231 Jun 22nd, 2010 10:48 AM

Naughty Bear is a vile piece of software. It's clearly marketed towards children, though all the game encourages you to do is curb stomp and eviscerate all of the other bears and it was given a T rating because it lacks blood. Wtf ESRB? Btw, the gameplay is quite horrible and the camera keeps getting stuck on things.

Singularity seems pretty cool so far, but it is very old school when it comes to FPS standards (no recharging health, minimal hud, etc.)

Metro 2003 went from bad to worse. The enemies take way too many bullets, there is far too little ammo, the level design is horrible and the gasmask thing is just annoying. I don't think I will finish this one.

Fathom Zero Jun 22nd, 2010 05:57 PM

Giga Wing makes me feel so badass. Even though there are harder ones out there, it's just satisfying to rack up two trillion points sometimes.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 23rd, 2010 04:14 AM

ICO!!!

I've wanted to play this game for so many years, but apparently Sony only made three whole copies, because I couldn't find it anywhere. Then I remembered "oh hey, I got a bitchin desktop for graduation. I'll just emulate it!"

So I did.

Man, talk about frustrating combat. The kid controls poorly, and the enemies are just frustrating. I'd like it a lot more if the controls and the combat weren't a pain in the ass.

DougClayton4231 Jun 23rd, 2010 08:01 AM

Ico made me want to scream, his dumbass girlfriend didn't help much either. I still have no idea why people like that shitty game.

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2010 09:28 PM

I tried out Modern Warfare 2 and after playing to the point that I'm not on the bottom of my team's leaderboard every single game, I hate it more than I did when I was bad at it

It kinda feels like a copy/paste of Counterstrike, except in Counterstrike the knife wasn't nearly as fucking ridiculous.

I think the Riot Shield was a brilliant thing to put in the game, though, what with about 75% of deaths happening due to being shot by some jackhole on the other end of the continent that you would need a large HD TV to have seen beforehand

OxBlood Jun 24th, 2010 05:20 AM

Even a large TV woulnd´ve helped since there´s always 2-12 people somewhere behind you, above you or the hide in your gun and shoot you or something like that. That´s the sad thing about both Modern Warfare´s, if you didn´t start playing the multi when it was first released, it´s hard to catch up. I still remember the stupid hours in which I tried to get the...what was ist...25 kills or so with my prefered weak gun so I could use a red dot sight. Sadly I can´t hit shit without a red dot sight sooooo...

I WAS fun for a few days, I´ll give it that.

DougClayton4231 Jun 24th, 2010 10:06 AM

I still never understand why people love playing deathmatch with complete strangers. The only deathmatch I ever enjoyed was Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Outlaw on the 2600. What's the allure to killing random people from a camping point with a RPG?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 24th, 2010 10:52 AM

Mainly because they can't screen watch.

Dimnos Jun 24th, 2010 11:57 AM

Better competition. Variety of competitors.

Guitar Woman Jun 24th, 2010 12:33 PM

My borrowed Xbox Live tag is SandierBear002, if any of you fgts think you're man enough

Maybe I can find a way to disable the combat knife so we can't kill each other by magic

Dimnos Jun 24th, 2010 01:00 PM

Man enough for what? What are you playing?

Guitar Woman Jun 24th, 2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Modern Warfare 2

:|

Guitar Woman Jun 24th, 2010 01:41 PM

I know most of you guys don't like me but at least pretend that you read my posts ok ;_;

stevetothepast Jun 24th, 2010 07:54 PM

no

OxBlood Jun 25th, 2010 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 690073)
I still never understand why people love playing deathmatch with complete strangers. The only deathmatch I ever enjoyed was Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Outlaw on the 2600. What's the allure to killing random people from a camping point with a RPG?

Dominating people is ALWAYS fun, Me > You is one of the most basic principles of human society :)

Which is of course why Iīm a VERY bad and unsporting loser :lol

Erm, anyway, playing a bit of Saboteur now and itīs suprisingly fun, even though its just another sandboxgame no one really needs.
Itīs especially funny to listen to the nazis. Some of them are obviously voiced by germans or people who can emulate german without an accent while some of them are clearly american and they are mixed up all over the place...a lot of fun to listen to :lol

Great oneliners too. I break one naziīs neck, another one sees me and immediately shouts: "Ich bin dein Todesengel!" (Iīm your angel of death!)

Just hillariously stupid...also, if the nazis had fortified Paris like they did in the game, it would be german today...thereīs towers on EVERY house, thereīs FLAKs everywhere, Airships looming above the city, thereīs fucking V2 rockets in the outskirts of town goddamnit...when did they get all that shit over there...