I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Dr. Boogie Sep 2nd, 2011 06:57 PM

I have to admit, I thought it was just an elaborate way to dump on Pram Maven, which I don't have any problem with.

Chojin Sep 2nd, 2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 740500)
I have to admit, I thought it was just an elaborate way to dump on Pram Maven, which I don't have any problem with.

there was that, too

Colonel Flagg Sep 2nd, 2011 08:38 PM

This discussion probably belongs in the "pickle rep system" thread but whatever.

As an adult (at least by age, if not by attitude) who posts in this forum, I have also used the pickle system for rewarding posts that I consider extremely funny or clever. I used negative rep sparingly, and only for posts that I felt were either inappropriate, or borderline offensive. I think I once red pickled someone in a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic fashion, but that was telegraphed.

I neither like nor dislike the system, but I do have a concern that it becomes too much of a "you're all awesome" kind of zugworthy reputation rating style.

The opinions expressed in the above post are my own, they are neither sanctioned by, nor representative of the opinions of the board owners or moderators. Your mileage may vary.

Tadao Sep 2nd, 2011 09:20 PM

people abusing the system in order to make someone else miserable, I wonder where we learned that from :rolleyes

Sam Sep 2nd, 2011 09:45 PM

CHOJIN IS JUST MAD BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A FULL SET OF PICKLES YET :rolleyes

Esuohlim Sep 2nd, 2011 09:45 PM

ONLY THE RUDEST DUDES HAVE A FULL SET

Sam Sep 2nd, 2011 09:47 PM

"SORRY YOU KIDS ARE JUST HAVING TOO MUCH FUN WITH THIS PICKLES THING, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU, YOU SHOULD HAVE GREEN PICKLED MY FITNESS THREAD MORE AND THEN WE WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO HAVE THIS TALK RIGHT NOW."

Sam Sep 2nd, 2011 09:48 PM

At least with the pickle system removed we can look forward to a lot more thread derailments when people have to tell Babs or Nick they suck a million times instead of just red pickling them and moving on.

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2011 09:53 PM

i may neeed to hang up my hat, SAM

Kitsa Sep 2nd, 2011 09:56 PM

I need to say braw more and talk about banging chicks.

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2011 10:00 PM

take more pictures of yourself and pictures of you looking at yourself

Pentegarn Sep 2nd, 2011 10:07 PM

I think whether it stays or goes the pickle system did reveal a few things about poster 'popularity' or 'acceptance' if you will that I was unaware of on the whole. Some peoples' posts were more loved than I thought they were, while there were some people who I thought would shoot straight to full pickles who instead got stuck in a quagmire of mediocrity.

All in all, stay or go it was/is interesting

Kitsa Sep 2nd, 2011 10:13 PM

I don't think that any of us were floored by who liked or hated us. I doubt we'll start giving a shit about that one way or another, but the feedback was interesting sometimes, I agree.

kahljorn Sep 2nd, 2011 10:13 PM

guys with their hatred for cheeseburgers i think we all knew this was coming

Tadao Sep 2nd, 2011 11:05 PM

NOT ME! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD ALL ACT LIKE A GROWN UP, YOU KNOW, THE WAY CHOJIN DOES!

King Hadas Sep 2nd, 2011 11:17 PM

Whatever abuses the pickle system may allow, I think it makes up for by being a great way to casually comment on someone else's posts. When someone says something clever I often don't give them the compliment they deserve because I don't want the majority of my posts being 'hehe' or ':lol'.

Sam Sep 2nd, 2011 11:18 PM

THE NEXT THING TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM US IS TADAO, HE'S ALWAYS GETTING COMPLAINED ABOUT! :eek

Fathom Zero Sep 3rd, 2011 12:10 AM

Say goodnight, Gracie.

kahljorn Sep 3rd, 2011 12:23 AM

sam you need to stop being so funny

its out of hand

Tadao Sep 3rd, 2011 12:39 AM

I JUST BLINDLY RED PICKLED SAM! I HOPE I DON'T GET IN TROUBLE!

:(

Sam Sep 3rd, 2011 12:45 AM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sam Sep 3rd, 2011 12:46 AM

YOU HAVE BESMIRCHED MY HONNNNOOORRRRRRRRRRR

k0k0 Sep 3rd, 2011 12:53 AM

I always use the pickle system to make small comments of approval that would just flood the board with mediocre posts usually. Unlike this post which has been given a class A rating. If I talked about how much I'd like to see kitsa talk about banging chicks, then it may move to class S, which is somehow better according to japanese people.

LordSappington Sep 3rd, 2011 01:14 AM

At first, I was a little interested in seeing if I got pickles, but then I realized that as long as no one was giving me negative rep all the time, it didn't matter. Now I can go either way; if it stays, I'm fine. If we get rid of it, that's fine too.

Esuohlim Sep 3rd, 2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 740551)
At first, I was a little interested in seeing if I got pickles, but then I realized that as long as no one was giving me negative rep all the time, it didn't matter. Now I can go either way; if it stays, I'm fine. If we get rid of it, that's fine too.

I don't even remember who you are!