I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Aaarg Sep 9th, 2011 01:17 PM

my "college experience" was one year at west virginia university. i was in the wildlife&fisheries management program because i expected to have classes that went outside regularly (i had one that had an outdoor lab every week and another that had maybe five outdoor labs total which were mostly just lectures in a clearing) and instead i just sat and listened to hunters talk about hunting and learned about the pittman-robertson act and duck stamps and i failed things miserably because i didn't care enough to do projects or after a while attend classes

but when you have a dendrology lab led by somebody who has never studied trees and takes a group of camo-wearers into a forest and says "dr. whatever marked this spot on the map because apparently there's a river birch here but i haven't been able to find it." really? you haven't been able to find this tree, right here, that is obviously a birch, and is on the bank of this creek? i'm supposed to learn how to identify trees from some ditz that can't find a birch in a forest of fucking hickory? :(

whoops there i go

Kitsa Sep 9th, 2011 01:25 PM

my last wildlife ecology course featured an insane professor who whacked at stands of purple loosestrife with a cane, shrieking "Alien! Alien!" :themoreyouknow

Aaarg Sep 9th, 2011 01:28 PM

hahaha, wow.

Kitsa Sep 9th, 2011 01:30 PM

That was the summer I had to chart every jack pine and sand cherry at the freaking dunes and I was up and down dunes all day, rain or shine...my calves were freaking huge.

Aaarg Sep 9th, 2011 01:32 PM

yeah walking up and down hills all day is awesome and i miss it. one time i showed a co-worker a cut on my leg or something and he said "damn, you have hiker's calves." sweeeeeet.

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2011 01:35 PM

That's code for "let's suck each other off in the men's room."

Aaarg Sep 9th, 2011 01:42 PM

he and i (and several others) would "play gay" with each other all the time. whenever i go to visit, this dude who works the produce section will drop what he's doing and do that "slow run with arms waving in the air" move towards me saying "marshie!"

MarioRPG Sep 9th, 2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 741252)
my last wildlife ecology course featured an insane professor who whacked at stands of purple loosestrife with a cane, shrieking "Alien! Alien!" :themoreyouknow

Haha that's awesome.
In other news, summer is over and I'm back in school. As per usual I started the year with some unknown illness :/ it's almost done now but starting a new year sucks when your sick.

k0k0 Sep 9th, 2011 03:49 PM

I've been sporting a sinus infection for going on 6 weeks. I'm on my 4th antibiotic.

YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SICKER THAN ME.
YOU IGNORANT FUCK.

Chojin Sep 9th, 2011 04:46 PM

i'm never sick because i exercise

Zomboid Sep 9th, 2011 05:40 PM

I was wondering if you could start a thread to educate and motivate us into achieving similar results.

Esuohlim Sep 9th, 2011 05:53 PM

I started the Atkins diet today and it really works! Thank you Chojin for the recommendation

executioneer Sep 9th, 2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 741154)
My order status on Newegg has this:

2.8GHZ Intel who'shewhat'sit CPU
nVidia GTX 460 (can run absolutely anything today and into tomorrow, I expect)
Corsair CX430 PSU
APEX TX-381-C Black Steel Micro ATX Tower Computer Case
2 Gigs of RAM
And a nondescript motherboard I had lying around

Runs like a breeze, though I'd like more RAM. The motherboard's incapable of adding more, though. I expect it'll be the next thing I upgrade.

I should mention that all this was incremental - if I bought all the parts at once, it would've cost me something in the realm of $450. I suspect it can be had for less now. The video card hasn't depreciated, though.

Always do up Newegg for this stuff, Willie mah boy.

ai'ght so here's what i'm looking at, tell me if anything strikes you as grade-a retarded

gfx card: either the evga gtx 460 ($160, $10 rebate) or a sapphire radeon hd6850 ($165, $15 rebate)

proc: intel core i3-2100 3.1ghz dualcore (Sandy Bridge) $125

mobo: gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 $100

ram: 2x 4gb patriot ddr3/1333 $50

hdd: samsung spinpoint 1tb 6gb/s SATA, $60 (may add a ssd of some sort for OS/primary game later)

psu: antec bp550 550w $65

case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 midtower atx $50

total hardware cost minus shipping/not counting rebates: basically $615

my main concern is the motherboard, since i am way the fuck behind on knowing what features I ought to have for future-protecting. am i gonna seriously regret not spending an extra $50 or so on a higher-end model, or will that one be ok

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2011 06:46 PM

If you have Sandy-Bridge stuff, that's as future-proof as you can get.

Yeah, that'd run like sex on wheels.

The only thing I can say that I skimped on was my case and I'm doing awesome with the one I have. Everything you've got will best me at every turn, so I'm sure all that'll last you for years to come.

Tadao Sep 9th, 2011 06:49 PM

:lol Have you been listening to Thrill Kill Kult?

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2011 06:51 PM

I've said 'sex on wheels' years before I listened to TKK, THANK YOU. >:

k0k0 Sep 9th, 2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 741301)
i'm never sick because i exercise

I didn't start getting sick until I began exercising. I never had sinus infections before! You caused me to not be as heavy and to get sick. You son of a bitch!

kahljorn Sep 9th, 2011 07:42 PM

willie make sure you check our their bundles before you pick one for yourself. Sometimes you can find a steal on there

like this is almsot the same as what you posted minus a videocard and maybe not as future proof:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182039

300 dollars

i5 for 504
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...644166-_-Combo

executioneer Sep 9th, 2011 08:25 PM

the first one just links to a powersupply

second one, ehh yeah i'd need to get a videocard too... plus i did KIND OF want more ram but 4gigs would do for a starter i guess and a quad-core would work better if i'm doing more than just games i guess.. mobo only has one pcie x16 for gfx card so i can't do SLI... not that i was going to in the first place hmm.

edit: probably not a huge deal but i also wanted a case w/ top mounted powersupply, not bottom

executioneer Sep 9th, 2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 741319)
I didn't start getting sick until I began exercising. I never had sinus infections before! You caused me to not be as heavy and to get sick. You son of a bitch!

getting sick's a good way to lose fat mass it forces your metabolism up :probablybullshit

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2011 08:58 PM

I RECOMMEND CRAFTMATIC ADJUSTABLE BEDS

Aaarg Sep 9th, 2011 09:11 PM

yeah i don't exercise and i almost never get sick F YEAH

however i did miss the first week of classes on my last semester in college but it wasn't from illness.

executioneer Sep 9th, 2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 741321)
bundles

ok if i bundle the mb+processor i save $10, and if i bundle the case with a similar psu ($5 cheaper, same wattage) i get bundle savings of $15 plus the $5 cheaper so thats like $30 less? neat

edit: if i get the radeon i get deus ex free, wowza :eek

Shyandquietguy Sep 9th, 2011 09:47 PM

Aaargh and me makes two! :lol

Zhukov Sep 9th, 2011 10:07 PM

My roof now leaks when the upstairs flat uses the shower. This is disgusting and I am getting out of this shitty flat ASAP.