I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Jul 19th, 2010 03:29 PM

So you didnt see... ?

Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 19th, 2010 03:53 PM

I got to that part, then skipped to the "after that" part where I can change clothes again. Was kind of in a hurry. Need to go back and watch it.

Fathom Zero Jul 19th, 2010 03:59 PM

The final final part where you kill the guy and get your revengeance was really lame. You killed one guy YEARS AND YEARS later who all but forgot about you and was only marginally responsible for all the shit anyway.

Fucking lame.

Dimnos Jul 19th, 2010 04:40 PM

I felt it wasnt so much about revengeance as it was "Do it or we kill you!".

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 19th, 2010 04:43 PM

QUOTE "FATHOM ZERO" F LAME. QUOTE

exactly, that's why I skipped most of it.

kahljorn Jul 19th, 2010 05:30 PM

THIS IS A VErY PHILOsTOPHICAL GAME >:

Dimnos Jul 19th, 2010 05:35 PM

Only because the buffalo died. :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 19th, 2010 05:43 PM

I've tried not to kill any because I tried saving my fellow Buffalo. One did get corpsed and skinned though. :(

Dimnos Jul 19th, 2010 05:57 PM

Man. Fuck those buffalo. If they werent meant to be killed god wouldnt have made their fur so soft and their meat so tasty.

DougClayton4231 Jul 19th, 2010 09:04 PM

Wow....just wow. What a shitty ass ending. After 10+ hours of gameplay, the last thing that anyone wants is for the protagonist to commit suicide by US Army rather than flee for his life. Personally, I thought that John was going to make a run for the border. That revolutionary asshole said that he could have his own personal asylum down there whenever he wanted. It's like if Rambo surrendered to the Vietnamese army in #2 rather than trying to fight his way out. I'm just fucking mad now.

kahljorn Jul 19th, 2010 11:20 PM

i stopped playing single player before i had to kill dutch or something :(

OxBlood Jul 20th, 2010 08:57 AM

The ending was a bit of a letdown, especially the "epilogue" for reasons you all know well enough :D

But the real lowpoint of Red Dead for me was Mexico. The plot just takes a 15 hour break or something and just assumes you´re still there when it decides to come back.

That and I fucking hate the desert. As a concept, as a place, you name it. Even Videogame-Deserts make me feel uneasy, so I guess I really don´t like it...

Can´t really decide what to play now, finished Ghostbusters (360) a few days ago...good think I just got it from a friend over the weekend, pretty boring game even with all the nice atmosphere.

I was also urged to play Zone of the Enders 2 since I never played that (finished the first one when it came out though)...and...I kind of hate it. Boring gameplay, stupid story, unlikable characters I almost thought I was playing an Armored Core-Game with all the senseless boosting and shit...I don´t know if it´s me or the game and I honestly don´t really care.

Been thinking about givin Blacklight a shot, but the feedback from other people was not really that enthusiastic, despite the rather good ratings...good thing there´s a Demo.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 692511)
Man. Fuck those buffalo. If they werent meant to be killed god wouldnt have made their fur so soft and their meat so tasty.

>: I am no so soft and my meat is not so tasty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 692519)
Wow....just wow. What a shitty ass ending. After 10+ hours of gameplay, the last thing that anyone wants is for the protagonist to commit suicide by US Army rather than flee for his life. Personally, I thought that John was going to make a run for the border. That revolutionary asshole said that he could have his own personal asylum down there whenever he wanted. It's like if Rambo surrendered to the Vietnamese army in #2 rather than trying to fight his way out. I'm just fucking mad now.

:lol Bad times

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 692537)
i stopped playing single player before i had to kill dutch or something :(

That's where I should have stopped but I wanted to XBLOX LiVE Pointers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 692569)
The ending was a bit of a letdown, especially the "epilogue" for reasons you all know well enough :D

But the real lowpoint of Red Dead for me was Mexico. The plot just takes a 15 hour break or something and just assumes you´re still there when it decides to come back.

That and I fucking hate the desert. As a concept, as a place, you name it. Even Videogame-Deserts make me feel uneasy, so I guess I really don´t like it...

That's where I got annoyed with it too. I usually love the desert levels the best in videogames. It's the water temples/levels I hate.

Zomboid Jul 20th, 2010 09:20 AM

Overall, I enjoyed single player, but that ending was definitely a bit disappointing. I think the idea was that by doing what he did, they'd finally leave his family alone, but I don't think that came across very well.

Also, I think the "years later" revenge should have been more a bigger deal but I think it fits well with the western theme.

Still, I put in over 5 days of play time, and that was before I started multiplayer.

DougClayton4231 Jul 20th, 2010 09:32 AM

I guess I'm going to start FFXIII today....sigh.....

I know that it's going to suck, but I have nothing else to do to kill time until mid-August.

At least SC2 comes out in a week.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 692574)
I guess I'm going to start FFXIII today....sigh.....

I know that it's going to suck, but I have nothing else to do to kill time until mid-August.

At least SC2 comes out in a week.

XIII is pretty fun to play. I need to finish it though. AND SOUL CALIBUR 2 CAME OUT YEEEEEAAAAARRRRSSSSS AGO.

Dimnos Jul 20th, 2010 11:06 AM

I dont know what you guys are crying about Mexico was the best part. Of course I spent most of my time there drunk playing liars dice. :\

Fathom Zero Jul 20th, 2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 692577)
AND SOUL CALIBUR 2 CAME OUT YEEEEEAAAAARRRRSSSSS AGO.

I was gonna say that. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 692589)
I dont know what you guys are crying about Mexico was the best part. Of course I spent most of my time there drunk playing liars dice. :\

In one of the DLC's coming out you can play liars dice in multi. I know what we're doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 692591)
I was gonna say that. >:

:SORRYDYLAN

sadface

Dimnos Jul 20th, 2010 11:54 AM

Yeah I heard about being able to play the liars dice in multi. Thats going to kick ass. What about the other games? Can we play hold em in multi?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2010 01:01 PM

Pretty sure horseshoes, hopefully poker too. I would have to think they would need some kind of online currency or something then though.

Fathom Zero Jul 20th, 2010 01:02 PM

Horseshoes is stupid. It's stupid in real life, too. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2010 01:03 PM

You just have to know the twist.

Dimnos Jul 20th, 2010 01:36 PM

The gay twist?

Fathom Zero Jul 20th, 2010 01:37 PM

And it all comes back to glory holes.