I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   noise rock (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19368)

Rongi Dec 8th, 2005 10:29 PM

noise rock

i've been listening to sonic youth lately and would like to hear some other noise rock bands. i particularly like the guitar freakout noise bands

Mad Melvin Dec 9th, 2005 07:35 AM

Try The Melvins.
Houdini is a good album to start with, I think.

Krythor Dec 10th, 2005 07:46 AM

Guitar Wolf, Melt Banana, and maybe all of the no wave No New York bands - DNA, Contortions, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks and Mars.

I second the Melvins too.

Protoclown Dec 10th, 2005 10:30 AM

Bass Wolf :(

i'm gonna go pour out a forty

GADZOOKS Dec 10th, 2005 01:53 PM

I don't know what noise-rock is but early Pere Ubu is noisy, but I doubt you would dig them, they are a hound band.

EverythingWillSuck Dec 11th, 2005 01:27 AM

Big Black is pretty essential.

Pailhead (Ian McKaye/Al Jourgenson) has a similar sound too, but a bit more industrial anyways.

Rudimentary Peni, while not exactly in the 'noise' genre or whatever, has that kind of 'out-there' sound in some songs.

and Saccharine Trust, check them out.

Rongi Dec 11th, 2005 12:13 PM

i used to listen to Shellac and Big Black back in the day. Songs About Fucking was excellent

glowbelly Dec 12th, 2005 07:42 AM

i second pere ubu

noob3 Jun 9th, 2006 05:30 AM

hahaha

funkyamunky Jun 9th, 2006 06:09 AM

arab on radar maybe

WorthlessLiar Jun 9th, 2006 01:54 PM

re

The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy

Pop melodies and walls of feedback.

Kinski

Kind of like an instrumental Sonic Youth.

BlueOatmeal Jun 9th, 2006 02:25 PM

I'm gonna second The Melvins!

Dole Jun 9th, 2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Rudimentary Peni, while not exactly in the 'noise' genre or whatever, has that kind of 'out-there' sound in some songs.
absolute mentalists - that concept album about H P Lovecraft is amazing. NIGHTGAUNT NIGHTGAUNT. Insane record covers too:

Black Flag Jun 9th, 2006 05:03 PM

yellow swans!

Courage the Cowardly Dog Jun 9th, 2006 05:16 PM

THE LOCUST!

The locust featuring members of Some girls and the swing kids are THE wierdest sonding noise rock band in HISTORY.

I personally like At the drive in, Sparta, and some earlier mars volta. I think judging from your taste you'll like earlier at the drive in when they were noisey art rock befor they went all hardcore.

noob3 Jun 9th, 2006 06:03 PM

locust are more like retarded grindcore :0

arab on radar are the best band ever. any of the post arab on radar lottery bands are good too, ie made in mexico, the chinese stars.

if you dig chinese stars see: six finger satellite. which is the band that pretty much started all this lightning bolt, arab on radar shit.

Krythor Jun 9th, 2006 07:35 PM

noise rock is the new funk metal.

Courage the Cowardly Dog Jun 9th, 2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob3
locust are more like retarded grindcore :0

arab on radar are the best band ever. any of the post arab on radar lottery bands are good too, ie made in mexico, the chinese stars.

if you dig chinese stars see: six finger satellite. which is the band that pretty much started all this lightning bolt, arab on radar shit.

So your thinking closer to Jawbreaker, Fugazi, or Dinosaur Jr as noise rock? I would still say The Impossibles and At the Drive in are the best noise rock. If you don't mind the whiney emo voice Glassjaw is pretty good, do they even count as noise rock?

Pretty much anything on Gold Standard labs or dischord falls vaguely under noise rock.

noob3 Jun 9th, 2006 07:48 PM

noise rock should not even be used as a genre, because it is very misleading and almost every band in exisistance fits it.

i mean, feedback, interlogues, wacky pedal hijinks.

you might aswell call most emo bands noise haha. and shit like the mars volta. barf.

all i'm saying if i want to hear some fuzzed bass, wonky guitar lines, and somone singing like a girl about cocks, semen, wombs, retards & periods, i'll listen to arab on radar.

Miss Modular Jun 9th, 2006 08:07 PM

Blonde Redhead
early Stereolab

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

Krythor Jun 10th, 2006 04:44 AM

I already mentioned no wave six months ago. ;_;

If you like Lightning Bolt you might want to look up Ruins too. Also, "Pop Tatari" by the Boredoms.

noob3 Jun 11th, 2006 03:26 PM

lol how does lightning bolt relate to 2 japanese bands

Black Flag Jun 11th, 2006 03:41 PM

yellow swans! >:

noob3 Jun 11th, 2006 03:46 PM

who are the yellow swans

Black Flag Jun 11th, 2006 03:53 PM

download bring the neon war home