I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THE "CAPTAIN N: PUT YOURSELF IN THE GAME" CONTEST! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25366)

Mockery Mar 13th, 2007 12:00 PM

THE "CAPTAIN N: PUT YOURSELF IN THE GAME" CONTEST!

THE "CAPTAIN N: PUT YOURSELF IN THE GAME" CONTEST!

I-Mockery's latest contest is in celebration of the release of Captain N on DVD. I've been waiting a long time for them to release this series on DVD, and other than them leaving out some episodes from the 3rd season due to legal reasons, the DVD set is great.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with "Captain N: The Game Master", you can look up some info on the series on Wikipedia. But to put it simply, back in the day it was the one cartoon that every NES fanboy absolutely HAD to watch every week. In the show, a teenager by the name of Kevin Keene is sucked into the world of video games "Videoland" to help some of your favorite good guy video game characters fight some of your favorite bad guy video game characters. Mother Brain, King Hippo, Kid Icarus, Eggplant Wizard, Dr. Wily, Ganon, Donkey Kong... they're all in it.

Well, for I-Mockery's latest contest, YOU get to become Captain N! That's right, I want each of you to take a photo of yourself and put yourself into a screenshot of any video game of your choice. Do your best to make it look like you're interacting with what's going on in the video game. Feel free to use any nifty controllers to help make your picture look all the better (example: the Nintendo Zapper, the Power Glove or whatever you have). You can choose any video game you like, new or old, just as long as you insert a photograph of yourself into it and make it look like you're interacting with the game somehow. Make yourself save the princess, make yourself getting slaughtered in a street brawl, it really doesn't matter... just have fun with it! One lucky winner will receive a brand new copy of the Captain N DVD set!

Since some of you probably aren't sure about what I mean when I say "insert yourself into a video game", I've worked up a quick example to show you what I'm talkin' about:

See? That's all there is to it. Just choose any game you like and add yourself into the action! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

RULES:

-To participate, you must register an account on these forums (if you don't already have one) and post your entries in this thread.

-Once the contest is over, myself and the other staff members will vote on the entries! First place winner will receive a brand new copy of the Captain N DVD set.

-Entries will be judged on quality and humor.

-Whether you win or not, your entries will be put on display for everybody to enjoy.

-Enter as many times as you like!

Ok that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to all of you!

This contest ends 4/15/07.

Max Radical Mar 13th, 2007 04:03 PM

I am SO entering this contest, with such absolute certainty and conviction, that there is a tiny chance one of my entries will spontaneously tunnel from the future and appear right now.

no?

Well, soon then.

Really looking forward to seeing how this contest turns out - the prize is a reward fit for a Nerd King!

Dr. V Mar 14th, 2007 02:27 AM

If someone can get me a screen of the ending to metal slug 3 that doesn't look like I took a picture of the tv, I'm in.

MarioRPG Mar 14th, 2007 09:32 AM

Pssst, http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/b/ms3.htm
I'll enter this one a couple times... This will take some serious thought.

Aura Fox Mar 14th, 2007 06:13 PM

Huzzah, im a girl so i can be Zelda without defending my manliness!

Blue Fox Mar 14th, 2007 08:19 PM

>: Foxes don't generally get along well in the wild.

Aura Fox Mar 14th, 2007 08:34 PM

Well ehhh, ill share my animal carcass?

Blue Fox Mar 14th, 2007 09:21 PM

well... i am a sucker for dead rabbit...

Aura Fox Mar 14th, 2007 09:23 PM

Entry 'Deku Emo'

I Should shoot myself for this horror..

Emu Mar 14th, 2007 09:36 PM

the wood mustache made me laugh

Aura Fox Mar 14th, 2007 09:39 PM

Huh..that avvy looks like duo maxwell's head on a sailor scout's body..

bigtimecow Mar 14th, 2007 10:10 PM

awwwwwwwwwww yeah

Emu Mar 14th, 2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura Fox (Post 480322)
Huh..that avvy looks like duo maxwell's head on a sailor scout's body..

that's what it is

and fuck you bigtimecow i was going to do earthbound

bigtimecow Mar 15th, 2007 01:55 AM

hey jerk you can still do it god

bigtimecow Mar 15th, 2007 11:02 PM

errfwerm jim is a jerk

bigtimecow Mar 16th, 2007 01:06 AM

forget the earthworm jim one :(

Smon Mar 16th, 2007 03:40 AM

I was too young to experience this show... I must rectify this! Four edits... that are honestly crap except the last one.

While it would be fun to team up with the heroes... they'd probably just steal all the glory, much better to replace than remove...

EisigerBiskuit Mar 16th, 2007 08:14 AM

I enjoyed the last one.

Obscurus Lupa Mar 16th, 2007 06:27 PM

bigtimecow Mar 16th, 2007 07:51 PM

who the fuck are you?

Aura Fox Mar 16th, 2007 10:10 PM

Psh, it's obvious, someone obscure.

Smon Mar 17th, 2007 12:06 AM

Two more stupid entries.

mew barios Mar 17th, 2007 01:50 PM

Obscurus Lupa Mar 17th, 2007 01:57 PM

Mockery said I could enter the contest. :( I'm gonna go cry now.

Yeesh, I've only posted like eight times. I don't expect to get well-known or anything.

Aura Fox Mar 17th, 2007 01:59 PM

Onward flammie!