I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Re-make of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles of FOX Kids now. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633)

Shut Up Feb 15th, 2003 11:25 AM

Re-make of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles of FOX Kids now.

I watched the first episode last week for nostagia's sake. They re-doing the entire series from the ground up, like the first cartoon show back in the eighties never happened.

The animation is a lot darker and grittier. The turtles have white yolks for eyes and are massive compared to their eighties-counterparts.

All and all, still cheesy as fuck. But hey, with shows like Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon ruling the cartoon-industry, kids need a taste of quality programming from the eighties.

Rongi Feb 15th, 2003 11:40 AM

I don't understand why they don't just bring back the old cartoons of the eighties :/

Remakes aren't always bad, but usually they fucking suck. Just look what they've done to Transformers :(

Zbu Manowar Feb 15th, 2003 12:57 PM

I can't fault them to going back to the original Eastman/Laird looks of the characters, but does anybody have a screengrab on what they look like?

And I agree about Transformers. The '80s version has some play on words when they named the robots. Nowadays they just pull any car related term out of a dictionary and hope it sticks. No more Wheeljacks, but a hell of a lot more 'Burnouts' and 'U-Turns.'

Ninjavenom Feb 15th, 2003 09:55 PM

"What the shell is that?"

Zbu Manowar Feb 16th, 2003 02:23 AM

Was that from the old series or the new?

FS Feb 16th, 2003 06:12 AM

The latest Transformers version I saw pained me so much. All of the Decepticons (or wait, I think they're now the Predacons again) are clumsy morons, most of the Autobots are too, Prime just sits around in HQ looking gay, and there's anime human characters everywhere.

And I didn't like the construction worker and his son in the original Transformers much, already. :(

Zbu Manowar Feb 16th, 2003 11:43 AM

And don't you love how Armada renames Bumblebee 'Hotshot?' Jesus Christ.

Zomboid Feb 16th, 2003 12:22 PM

I've still got my only surviving tmnt tape with 2 episodes (the one where michealangelo and shredder switch bodies, and the one with the robot cop) and that's all I need for my tmnt fix, but I'll check out the new show.

Btw, beast wars kicked ass >:

Zbu Manowar Feb 16th, 2003 02:01 PM

I'll give them props for creating an Optimus Primal Gorilla, but they should have cut the crap and just put out the old characters again instead of releasing old models with stupid names. Transformers are cars and then anything else, not vice versa.

FS Feb 16th, 2003 04:09 PM

I'm sorry, but Beast Wars was CRAP. I wouldn't have minded the show if it hadn't used the name Transformers, but other than that it doesn't hold a candle to the old show. Beast Wars has like eight characters. The animation is crappy (for a CGI show), the characters spend half the episode in their "beast mode", they added these gay Power Rangers taglines like "TERRORIZE" and "MAXIMIZE" for when they transform, absolutely nothing of interest happens in any of the episodes... they're on an empty planet, wtf do they have to defend? Add to that that in those show, too, nearly everyone's a bumbling moron (save for maybe Optimus and Megatron), and you have a recipe for trash.

Sorry. That show just makes me mad. :( >:

Zomboid Feb 16th, 2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS
I'm sorry, but Beast Wars was CRAP. I wouldn't have minded the show if it hadn't used the name Transformers, but other than that it doesn't hold a candle to the old show. Beast Wars has like eight characters. The animation is crappy (for a CGI show), the characters spend half the episode in their "beast mode", they added these gay Power Rangers taglines like "TERRORIZE" and "MAXIMIZE" for when they transform, absolutely nothing of interest happens in any of the episodes... they're on an empty planet, wtf do they have to defend? Add to that that in those show, too, nearly everyone's a bumbling moron (save for maybe Optimus and Megatron), and you have a recipe for trash.

Sorry. That show just makes me mad. :( >:

HEY! >:
It was the only "transformers" show I knew when I was a kid, so it'll always be cool for me. The cgi was actually decent for a show BACK THEN, but sucks now.

Btw, eventually there was like 20 characters :(

Zbu Manowar Feb 16th, 2003 05:58 PM

Does anybody remember when some idiot company brought back the original Transformers back in 1994-5 in which some really annoying CGI was added into the show? Every cutaway was portrayed by the camera moving from one shot to another and took about five seconds JUST to get to the other scene...fucking annoying if you ask me.

James Feb 22nd, 2003 08:47 AM

Watching it now....

Baxter Stockman is a black man who mass producted Mousers, and April O'Neil (in the form of some teenage girl in a halter top and cargo pants) is his assistant, who just discovered his evil secret (of making Mousers).

I hate this cartoon.

MrAdventure Feb 22nd, 2003 09:22 AM

MOTHER FUCKERS!

HE JUST UP AND SNAPPED LOL

noob3 Feb 22nd, 2003 10:36 AM

Baxter can't be black. My last name is Baxter and all my friends grew up watching TMNT, and one of my nicknames is Baxter. And if he's black, I can't be Baxter. I'm not black! AND APRIL CAN'T BE A NON-REPORTER WITHOUT AN UGLY YELLOW SUIT! WHAT THE HELL

James Feb 22nd, 2003 10:39 AM

Exactly >:

He's not even a wimpy black man, either. >: And April's new look reminds me of how they "hip-ified" the characters in X-Men Evolution.

noob3 Feb 22nd, 2003 11:16 AM

i bet they won't even turn him into a fly, they'll turn him into somehting gay like a TIGER cuz it's XTREME TO THE maX

Les Waste Feb 22nd, 2003 12:01 PM

:(

James Feb 22nd, 2003 01:44 PM

Baxter Stockman, the black scientist, ends up turning.... TO A LIFE OF CRIME CUZ HE'S BLACK! :lol

pissed off salesman Feb 22nd, 2003 07:55 PM

i hope metal head is in the new series

James Feb 22nd, 2003 08:05 PM

I hope not. The fewer great characters they associate with this shit, the better.

pissed off salesman Feb 22nd, 2003 08:14 PM

your right. the good name of metal head, or any other great tmnt character should never be associated with this crude mockery

James Feb 22nd, 2003 08:22 PM

The only characters I would wish this upon would be those fucking Nutrinos.

"Let's cruise on outta here, Daddios!"

HATE YOU FUCKING NUTRINOS I WISH GENERAL TRAGG WOULD FUCKING KILL YOU ALREAD AND TAKE OVER YOUR SHIT DIMENSION! >:

Ash37 Feb 22nd, 2003 08:40 PM

Personally, I like the new TMNT cartoon. It's definetly more true to the comic than the old series was.

I dunno. Maybe I say I like it because it's on really early in the morning and I'm too asleep to recognize it's crappiness. But I don't think that's it.

Zbu Manowar Feb 22nd, 2003 09:31 PM

Baxter Stockman is black.

You know, I just can't help but think of this as a petty way to make the whole mutant fly situation a bit more politically charged. "Oh yeah, I've always been like an annoying little fly to Whitey! But now I got teeth!"

Oh God, please let me be wrong.