I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Theatre shames (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3919)

FS Jun 11th, 2003 05:47 PM

Theatre shames

What movies are you most ashamed of having seen in a movie theatre? To me, Home Alone 2, Last Action Hero, Congo and Casper come to mind.

Rongi Jun 11th, 2003 05:51 PM

Titanic, Anger Management, Mr. Deeds, Rat Race, and a lot others.

Mockery Jun 11th, 2003 06:10 PM

Hrm, "Shout" (with John Travolta) is the first one that pops into my mind. I'm sure there have been plenty of others, but I'll keep them burried in my subconscious so they can eat away at my soul.

Rongi Jun 11th, 2003 06:15 PM

Oh and both MIBs fucking sucked. I can't believe I paid money to see those horrible peices of shit. I could've used my money for something better, like being a knife to stab my eyes out.

Esuohlim Jun 11th, 2003 07:12 PM

Old School, Eight Crazy Nights, Anger Management, Dude Where's My Car (HORROR!), and Mr Deeds.

Rongi Jun 11th, 2003 07:15 PM

You paid money to see Dude Where's My Car?!?

I'm never speaking to you again >:

Esuohlim Jun 11th, 2003 07:19 PM

AND THAT'S WHY I'M ASHAMED. >:

TITANIC??? WTF RONGI??? >: >:

Rongi Jun 11th, 2003 07:23 PM

I uh...saw it for the titties...yeah :(

I mean, I'm not speaking to you :hmph >:

James Jun 11th, 2003 07:37 PM

When you're young, I don't think you can be held responsible for theatre shames at that time.

That said... Batman & Robin, MK Annihilation, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Austin Powers 2, Great Expectations, and one other I can't remember at the moment. I'll tell you later, because I know how badly you all want to hear about it.

Rongi Jun 11th, 2003 07:52 PM

What's "Great Expectations"? Never heard of it :/

FlakTrooper Jun 11th, 2003 08:10 PM

"Holy Man" with Jeff Goldblum and Eddie Murphy. Hands down worst movie I have ever seen in the theater. Also the only movie I ever walked out of.

Daphne Jun 11th, 2003 08:22 PM

Blown Away (with Haim and Feldman), Sliver(I left with my jacket over my head just in case anyone recognized me), Last Action Hero, The Garbage Pail Kids and worst of all but I'd like to say that I didn't pay for it ....Super Mario Brothers. :(

Royal Tenenbaum Jun 11th, 2003 09:10 PM

The worst film I have ever seen in the theatre is Goldmember. :(

Ninjavenom Jun 11th, 2003 09:53 PM

Episode 1, Planet of the Apes, Battlefield Earth, the Pokemon Movie (:)) And The Two Towers. Two Towers was really just boring. Very boring.

Rongi Jun 11th, 2003 09:58 PM

I saw planet of the apes too :(. That was such a horrid movie

Anonymous Jun 11th, 2003 10:11 PM

Super Mario Brothers and Two Towers own you all :<

Zomboid Jun 11th, 2003 10:12 PM

JP3
Episode 1 and 2
Pearl Harbor
Mummy Returns
Titanic
Lost in Space
MK Annihilation
Harry Potter 2
Fast and the Furious
A Knight's Tale
What Lies Beneath

-----------
There are more that I can't remember. Truth is, I've been dragged to a lot of shit and I've seen a lot of it for free, so it was better than nothing.

James Jun 11th, 2003 10:16 PM

I'm going to hate Zomboid and Ninjavenom forever for hating The Two Towers and Harry Potter.

FOREVER.

Ninjavenom Jun 11th, 2003 10:19 PM

... :tear :(

HickMan Jun 11th, 2003 10:53 PM

The Scorpion King :(, Home Alone 3, and some movie that has to do with really small people that call real people beans. I dont remember the name at this point (frankly, I dont want to remember the name of the movie). >:

Super Mario Bros. was a work of art >:. Aside from the fact that nothing was right about the movie. :rolleyes

Schimid Jun 11th, 2003 11:16 PM

WHY WAS TOAD SO FUCKED UP?!

Miss Modular Jun 11th, 2003 11:19 PM

Dude, Where's My Car?

Les Waste Jun 12th, 2003 12:22 AM

Years ago I was convinced to see that horrible Lost in Space movie in the theater.

I'm still very angry about that. >:

Ash37 Jun 12th, 2003 12:46 AM

Hmm...

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot (I was young, okay?), Congo, The Fast and The Furious, Jeeper Creepers, ......

I'm sure there are many more, I'm just waaay too tired to think about them. I'll post again if I think of them.

Zomboid Jun 12th, 2003 12:53 AM

Oh yeah. Congo, super mario bros, and home alone 3 too. I think I've seen the most shit out of everyone here.

Zbu Manowar Jun 12th, 2003 02:45 AM

Batman and Robin I played eight bucks for. And that was what caused me to now visit the theater on a yearly basis. Also, I saw Funny Farm in the theater.....now that fucking sucked.

UnDeath Jun 12th, 2003 03:06 AM

Phone Booth. :(
it made me :( .

Jixby Phillips Jun 12th, 2003 03:28 AM

I saw Super Mario Brothers, Last Action Hero, (This made me stop seeing movies with my family) Star Wars episode I, House on Haunted Hill remake, Road Trip (This made me stop seeing movies with my friends)...

I pretty much started goign to the movies by myself after that. I saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back in the Theaters (:( :( :(). I saw Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by myself and It remains to be the only movie I have ever walked out on at the theater (not counting Scary Movie 2, which I never intended to actually sit through. I wanted to see the Jay and Silent Bob movie trailer (:( :( :()

I saw Jackass & Rat Race, which you all probably consider to be "bad." I liked them a lot. Rat Race would have been perfect if they changed the ending and took out "Who Let the Dogs Out" from the background of one of the scenes.

I think the best time I've had in the theater was seeing the Royal Tenenbaums, and that was by myself.

Tonight they had a private screening of Dumb and Dumberer and I wanted to see it just because I'm curious to see it, but they decided to start it early when I had to close. By the time i was done closing the movie was like half over. Those fucking cocks.

James Jun 12th, 2003 07:27 AM

What the fuck is so bad about Congo? It had Bruce Campbell AND Tim Curry. BRUCE CAMPBELL AND TIM CURRY! AND Ernie Hudson. Fucking WINSTON, man!

Throw in "Amy. Good. Gorilla. Amy. Good." And you got a fucking awesome movie. I didn't see it in theatres though, but come on. :(

Protoclown Jun 12th, 2003 09:26 AM

I've got you all beat.

Battlefield Earth.

:tear

Daphne Jun 12th, 2003 10:40 AM

I liked Congo too, James these guys are just WRONG ;)

Quote:

Rat Race would have been perfect if they changed the ending and took out "Who Let the Dogs Out" from the background of one of the scenes
C'mon, how funny will 'Who Let the Dogs' out be in 10 years? Other than that I agree, I fucking hated the end of that movie, I just turn it off when the houselights come up and pretend the movie ends differently.

And Zomboid, lumping Harry Potter 2 in there is just insane, that's a fucking great movie. But I will agree with you on a Knights Tale, my god that's the worst movie I've ever seen. I saw that with a free pay per view rental and I almost called to ask for another one because it was so wretched.

Did you see past the credits to where they are all farting in the barn?

pjalne Jun 12th, 2003 02:00 PM

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. Saw it for free, but I still should have said no.

Ninjavenom Jun 12th, 2003 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown
I've got you all beat.

Battlefield Earth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Episode 1, Planet of the Apes, Battlefield Earth, the Pokemon Movie (:)) And The Two Towers. Two Towers was really just boring. Very boring.

Not this time, Clowny.

Zomboid Jun 12th, 2003 02:51 PM

Harry Potter 2 was like the worst thing for a 15 year old (at the time) to see. Horrible acting and tons of crap to mock. We (friend and I) had no intention of sitting and enjoying it though. It was hilarious to see people's reactions to the shit we were doing too. "Oh just let him die already" got me like 20 dirty looks.

I saw a knight's tale with my friend and a few others for his birthday and we spent the entire time rolling our eyes or wanting to leave early. One of the worst movies EVER >: . I didn't see the farting though :(

pjalne Jun 12th, 2003 02:56 PM

Even if YOU don't like the movie, it's not OK to throw shit in a theatre. It NEVER is.

Daphne Jun 12th, 2003 03:23 PM

dont' worry Zomboid, you'll grow into good taste ;)

HickMan Jun 12th, 2003 03:26 PM

Mighty Joe Young :tear

Congo was a great movie. I personaly thought it was more of a comedy than an action movie. But I have a warped sense of humor.

Rongi Jun 12th, 2003 03:39 PM

I...have a confession to make...

I...also...saw the...pokemon movie...:tear

But with a cousin...I swear to god :( :( :(

Royal Tenenbaum Jun 12th, 2003 03:59 PM

"I think the best time I've had in the theater was seeing the Royal Tenenbaums, and that was by myself. "

I have to agree.

Jixby Phillips Jun 12th, 2003 04:22 PM

You agree I had a great time or that I was by myself? :picklehat

Zomboid Jun 12th, 2003 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daphne
dont' worry Zomboid, you'll grow into good taste ;)

Movies with nerds and his little friends as heroes don't attract me and never will. The fantasy magic school thing was done pretty well (and before, mind you) and I liked THAT part of it, but other than that it's just not my thing. It's even less my thing when the fucking nerd starts going "sssssssss" to talk to snakes. I hung my head in shame at those parts and started thinking about how I should make up for it later.

Pjalne- If the stupid french people behind us can be talking through the entire thing and the little kids can scream, I can make a few sarcastic comments >:

pjalne Jun 13th, 2003 03:16 AM

Yeah, and then the French people in front of you think 'Sacre bleu! If zat znooty litel American kid can zrow manure at ze zcreen, by Dieu, zo can moi!" and then the little kid in front of him thinks "Oh my god, the sarcastic Frenchman is going to throw snails all over me and eat me!" and starts crrying. And THEN, there's a fifteen-year-old brat in front of that kid again who starts throwing sarcastic comments at the screen and calling people on his cell because other people do it. That other people are idiots doesn't mean you shoud try to be one.

People who fucking ruin movies are morons no matter which way you turn it.

Zomboid Jun 13th, 2003 03:40 AM

And to that I say- BAH! >:

The movie was ruined by all the shit that was going on anyway. Adding to it made no difference. Especially since only the people around me could hear anything I said cause I was talking to my friend. It was a fucking matinee (or however you spell it) for a children's movie. No one went expecting to be able to sit and watch the movie without all that shit. The only reason anyone even singled my friend and I out is cause what we were saying was offensive to fans.

In different circumstances (as in a night showing of a pg-13 and up movie) though, I definitely agree with you and it's rare that anyone over the age of 8 does anything to piss people off.

Daphne Jun 13th, 2003 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid
Movies with nerds and his little friends as heroes don't attract me and never will

THEN WHY WERE YOU THERE??? Didn't you hate the first one? Why the fuck would you see number 2?

Quote:

It's even less my thing when the fucking nerd starts going "sssssssss" to talk to snakes. I hung my head in shame at those parts and started thinking about how I should make up for it later:

He didn't go 'ssssss' you tard, he was speaking in anther language, and if you'd actually used your weeny brain to read the books, you'd know what the fuck you were talking about.

Man I hate when someone calls something stupid when they have no idea what they are talking about.

It's like when robots bitch about humans falling in love. Just shut up, you whiny metal fag.

timrpgland Jun 13th, 2003 01:26 PM

Battlefield Earth, The Jackal, and Final Fantasy.

Zomboid Jun 13th, 2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

THEN WHY WERE YOU THERE??? Didn't you hate the first one? Why the fuck would you see number 2?

He didn't go 'ssssss' you tard, he was speaking in anther language, and if you'd actually used your weeny brain to read the books, you'd know what the fuck you were talking about.

Man I hate when someone calls something stupid when they have no idea what they are talking about.

It's like when robots bitch about humans falling in love. Just shut up, you whiny metal fag.

First of all, calm the fuck down. You're just coming off as some crazed fan.

Second- I was there because I didn't pay, I had nothing else planned for the afternoon, my friend and I went with the "well, if nothing else it'll provide some laughs" mentality, and I thought there would be a few entertaining parts among all the shit.

Third- He was going "ssssss" whether he was "talking in another language" or not and I shouldn't have to fucking read the book to understand what's going on in a movie adaption of it. I have working ears and eyes though so I put those incredibly tough clues together with my monkey brain to figure out what he was doing. Gee, he started making sssss noises and sounded like an ass and the snake started doing stuff. I WONDER IF THEY'RE CONNECTED?!

For fuck's sake, I just don't like it. It's not that I didn't get something. "Man I hate when someone calls something stupid when they have no idea what they are talking about. " . No idea what I'm talking about? I'm seriously wondering how the fuck anyone could even say that.

That last part is just....wha?

FS Jun 13th, 2003 03:37 PM

Quote:

:lol

Daphne Jun 13th, 2003 04:29 PM

Quote:

First of all, calm the fuck down. You're just coming off as some crazed fan.

For fuck's sake, I just don't like it. It's not that I didn't get something. "Man I hate when someone calls something stupid when they have no idea what they are talking about. " . No idea what I'm talking about? I'm seriously wondering how the fuck anyone could even say that.

That last part is just....wha?

:lol you need to see Harry Potter and The Getting of Jokes.. Relax little man, I am calm. I just think you're lying about hating Harry Potter because you like to be all COUNTER CULTURE!

But I will say you're wrong about the 'sssssssss' thing becuase he's speaking Parseltongue, and he's saying actual words, not just 'sssss'.

Trust me, I have an attention span and I was paying attention.

Ninjavenom Jun 13th, 2003 04:34 PM

That Robot-Human part was quite :rock, Daph. Let's not spoil it for Zomboid. ;)

macgruder Jun 13th, 2003 04:36 PM

The only thing i was really embarassed to admit I saw after the movie ended was Warriors of Virtue, that ninja kangaroo movie. Luckily I just snuck into seeing it after seeing something else right before it. I have low standards for movies, but damn that was low.

Zomboid Jun 13th, 2003 06:05 PM

The only thing it reminds me of is that simpsons episode :/. Not getting a reference to something I probably haven't seen or heard isn't a big deal, unlike bashing harry potter >:

Daphne Jun 13th, 2003 06:33 PM

You'll grow into being smart the same as you will good taste.

Zomboid Jun 13th, 2003 07:04 PM

If I were to take those comments seriously I'd scan the tests I recently took to shutchooup >:

(they were special intelligence kind of tests;))

Generator86 Jun 13th, 2003 09:14 PM

Godzilla(first movie I walked out of) and Matrix Reloaded(second movie I walked out of). I know there's more, but I can't think of any of them right now.

timrpgland Jun 16th, 2003 12:15 PM

That's hilarious you walked out of Matrix Reloaded and pretty stupid. That's fine if you didn't like it but it is hardly that bad of a movie to have to walk out of. I mean I even stayed and finished Final Fantasy. If I pay money to watch a movie, I stay. Even if it sucks completely.

Protoclown Jun 16th, 2003 12:27 PM

PARCELTONGUE?? IS THAT WHAT THE UPS GUY SPEAKS?? HYUK, HYUK! :lol

Royal Tenenbaum Jun 16th, 2003 01:49 PM

I should have walked out of Matrix 2. A total waste of time.

timrpgland Jun 16th, 2003 02:19 PM

I'd rather waste time than money but maybe that's just me :)

I enjoyed Matrix 2. First movie I saw in the theater since Fellowship of the Ring.

Esuohlim Jun 16th, 2003 03:55 PM

Movies suck now. :(

I don't know what happened, but everything in the last year or two has been either not worth seeing or a complete letdown because I thought it was worth seeing. :(

I'm just not going to fucking bother with the theaters anymore. Dumb and Dumberer was it. Fuck new movies and fuck movie theaters. >:

Protoclown Jun 16th, 2003 05:16 PM

I've personally found a lot of fantastic movies in the theater in the last year or so. True, the crap always outnumbers the good stuff 10 to 1, but you just have to know how to find it.

Krythor Jun 17th, 2003 06:29 PM

In the last month I've seen Matrix 2 and X-Men 2, and both were far better than I was expecting. Not only that, they were both action movie sequels.

Bad movies I've seen in the cinema? Not many come to mind, because I usually only pay to see a movie when I'm sure it won't be too bad. A few that I'm reminded of from reading through this thread are the last two Batman movies, Godzilla, Star Wars Episode I and II (And for some reason, I'll still want to see III in the theatre too,) sitting through three hours of The Two Towers because I figured that I should see a LOTR in the theatre while I still could and The Mummy Returns (TWICE :( :( .)

I've turned down going to see Scary Movie, Independance Day, Austin Powers 2 and Goldmember, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and more in the past. My friends have a shitty taste in movies.

Anonymous Jun 17th, 2003 09:58 PM

the first mk ruled you asscat :<

Protoclown Jun 18th, 2003 12:57 AM

What in the hell does anybody have against The Two Towers, aside from possibly having a short attention span?

That movie was nothing short of excellent, and I'll prove it by having SolidSnakeASS come into this thread and disagree with me.

Daphne Jun 18th, 2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown
PARCELTONGUE?? IS THAT WHAT THE UPS GUY SPEAKS?? HYUK, HYUK! :lol

funny fucker >:

Rongi Jun 18th, 2003 02:54 PM

Two Towers ruled you fucking ass clowns >:

kilmie polanski Jun 18th, 2003 11:16 PM

hatred/embarrassment had at: galaxy quest, american pie 2, crazy/beautiful, ADAPTATION piece of shite, showtime...jesus the list continues.

what sucks about movies now is that the previews are not even good. i guess the saying "art doesn't last" is actually true :/

i'm just watching foreign films from now on buecause even if they are horrible, there is always some wonderfulness to be retrieved from them :( PLEASE EVERYONE SEE "HAPPINESS OF THE KATAKURIS"

..best japanese musical ever..

Krythor Jun 19th, 2003 02:29 AM

I liked LOTR, it was a good movie. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have gone to the theatre to see the second one, but I just couldn't handle three hours of it. I can watch plenty of other movies that hold my attention for three hours, but I got irritated sitting through the two towers.

Daphne Jun 19th, 2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilmie polanski
hatred/embarrassment had at: galaxy quest, american pie 2, crazy/beautiful, ADAPTATION piece of shite, showtime...jesus the list continues.

Galaxy Quest and Adaptation are great, you fucking goof.

pjalne Jun 19th, 2003 04:35 PM

Galaxy Quest and Adaptaion are great.

While I wasn't exactly ashamed to have seen it in any way, I'll have to say I didn't like Spider-Man. It was pretty much the Peter-MJ relationship that fucked it up for me. The bitch. Also, the 'With great responsibility...' phrase being spewn up whenever it could possibly be sqeezed in bugged the hell out of me.

Rongi Jun 19th, 2003 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilmie polanski
ADAPTATION piece of shite

Adaptation was great, asshat

Geggy Jun 20th, 2003 03:32 AM

I rate movies by the amount of time I've gone to the bathroom during show time. If the movie's really good, then I'd hold it in until the movie ends. I went to the men's room during Matrix 2 twice. Not only because it was long...it sucked, too.

Protoclown Jun 20th, 2003 07:01 AM

You're a poopyhead.

And I hate to sound off on this like everybody else, but Adaptation and Galaxy Quest were fucking great movies.

And pjalne, I don't see how you could have been bothered by all the "with great power comes great responsibility" in Spiderman when they pretty much say it every chance they get in the comic too. You learn to ignore it after a while, you know?

pjalne Jun 20th, 2003 07:35 AM

Well, my main problem is still MJ. I fucking loved Dafoe, though.

FS Jun 20th, 2003 10:59 AM

I was annoyed by the fact that Harry and Norman Osborne didn't have matching striped heads.

Daphne Jun 20th, 2003 12:05 PM

damn you, that was funny.

PACZKI Jun 21st, 2003 07:24 PM

Dunston Checks In.... :(

WorthlessLiar Jun 21st, 2003 07:54 PM

re

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
I don't know what happened, but everything in the last year or two has been either not worth seeing or a complete letdown because I thought it was worth seeing. :(

You probably started posting on an internet message board with whiny, pretentious assholes like Snakeass and anyone else who said Two Towers sucked. :(

I do agree with you that movies have sucked as of very late. Just wait till fall, things sometimes pick up then.