I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

DougClayton4231 Jun 25th, 2010 07:19 AM

lol Oxblood, the French in The Saboteur is the same, the accents are wrong most of the time and it sounds like they just got some random asshole to voice everyone.

OxBlood Jun 25th, 2010 08:34 AM

True, the main frenchman...what´s his name...Luc, he sounds like some cheap immitation of a french person by someone from god knows where...but french IS a strange language. Ever seen a french guy speaking decent english? I haven´t, so maybe it´s the same the other way round too.

What´s also funny is that, at least to me, most male characters sound like they were voiced by the same guy, they all sound the same more or less.
Sure, Sean has an irish accent...apparently. I don´t know what Irish people sound like, I´m happy that I can tell Scots from English people and some American accents from others...

Dimnos Jun 25th, 2010 11:02 AM

I have never met two Irish people who had the same accent.

darkvare Jun 25th, 2010 11:23 AM

i love how french people talk english they seem uncappable of pronouncing anything that employs using the h in front of a vowel

DougClayton4231 Jun 25th, 2010 02:31 PM

That's because you never pronounce the H in French. The main character in the Saboteur has a Scottish accent, not an Irish accent, which is very lolworthy. In every language, foreigners always have a weird accent. For example, I am not French, so my French accent is a little off and it sounds more Haitian or West African. I've never heard anyone speak German in a strange accent though.

OxBlood Jun 25th, 2010 04:02 PM

The saboteur does have it´s fair share of strange-sounding german coming out of american mouths ;)

A common thing is that non-germans often tend to pronounce a soft S like a sharp S. The soldiers in the game for examples have this line: "Ich suche...ich suche" (I´m searching, I´m searching) which is stupid to begin with because it makes them sound like a databank-program :D The S on "suche" is soft but they pronounce it like the s in "search" for example. Apart from the fact that the "Ich" is often pronounced like "Ik"...which people from Berlin actually do but it still sounds different :)
It´s the beatuy of having sounds in one language that another doesn´t use often or even at all. Your rolling R is another good example, or the TH-Sound that maaaany germans can´t seem to get right no matter how hard they try...at least that gave birth to clearly german-spoken english...if you know what I´m trying to say...listening to german TV and writing english seems to confuse me a little...

I like this accent-business, it´s kinda fun for some reason, especially when the people that are supposed to speak german in games have accents so garbled and strange that I - an actual german - can´t understand them anymore :D

stevetothepast Jun 25th, 2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 690200)

I'm Irish like a motherfucker

anywho playing that risk xbla game. its kind of okay, but it's just risk with stupid cartoon characters, which is what I was expecting anyways.

MarioRPG Jun 25th, 2010 06:29 PM

I started playing Trauma Team and it is by far the best when compared to the other ones I've played. The controls are polished and the "exact preciseness" of the previous entries has been made a lot more easy. Which is good news when you think about how shaky the sensor can be. Also the different types of operations (ER, ortho, paramed, etc) is a nice touch that mixes it up just enough each time.

DougClayton4231 Jun 25th, 2010 09:47 PM

Trauma Team is great, there's nothing like multiplayer malpractice!

I lost all of my Wii saves, so it looks like I'll have nothing but work to do in the upcoming month :lol

Phoenix Gamma Jun 25th, 2010 11:58 PM

"Oh, Diagnostics. That could be interesting."
"Oh neat, the guy is some bitter, unshaven jerk. So basically I'm House without the cane or vicodin. Cool. Let's start level 1."

"Well, here I am, telling a 14 year old girl to lift up her shirt."
It's good that no one was around to see that :(

Oh and I went back to Peace Walker to try the Monster Hunter missions. Really fucking hard. Until I learned an exploit. 100+ tranquilizer darts later and I bagged my first dinosaur monster lizard thing. Big Boss is so much cooler than Solid Snake.

Dixie Jun 26th, 2010 02:12 AM

runescape......again.

Guitar Woman Jun 26th, 2010 10:29 AM

Sometimes I forget how absolutely brilliant TF2 is until I go and play a much shittier online shooter in an attempt to wean myself off of Valve's primary-colored smack addiction.

Modern Warfare being the shittier game in this instance. I've played it for about 16 hours so far and every 30 minutes or so of getting knifed or shot out of the blue with absolutely no warning I'll remark to myself, "Holy shit, I hate this game." Visibility is really the most massive factor. Tn TF2, you can see pretty much everything and always know what's going on; where you are in a level, how to get to the place you want to go in said level, who's attacking you, the direction your enemies will generally be coming from, whether or not you're about to die, etc. In MW2, by comparison, everything is an absolute clusterfuck, you won't know you're going to bite it half the time until you're already dead, and you generally can't fucking see anything. That might be more like real life combat than anything TF2 does, but realism does not go hand in hand with fun. Like, ever.

Not sure why I keep playing it, though; probably because I've found I'm not a horrible sniper, and I've always had a thing for intensely lying prone and peering daggers down my scope while I wait for an oblivious schmuck to wander into sight. Although it's sort of annoying in MW2 since sniper rifles are considerably shittier at distance-killing than most of the standard assault rifles. I get one very precise and very loud shot, while unable to move easily. The other guy gets 30 mildly accurate shots while lumbering at me, and if none of those hit me he'll probably instakill me with the fucking stupid combat knife attack instead.

Another thing I've noticed is that smoke grenades are useless; I tried throwing them at demolition targets a few times to give me some cover to set a bomb up, but the guys outside the smoke's range can see my outline plain as day while I'm fucking blind as a bat inside of the thing and they murder me just as easily as if I'd charged in Leeroy Jenkins style.

I've not touched the single player yet, but seeing as how MW2 was pretty much built around milking the multiplayer popularity of the first one it probably isn't as good. It certainly won't have anything as masterful as Pripyat.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 26th, 2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 690200)

When my grandmother came back from visiting Ireland she told me how nice the big cities were and how beautiful the language sounded. Then she was like "Then we went out to the country and found a bunch of country hillbilly irish. Sounded like a crowd of fools." :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 690265)
I'm Irish like a motherfucker

anywho playing that risk xbla game. its kind of okay, but it's just risk with stupid cartoon characters, which is what I was expecting anyways.

I saw you playing that the other day and was going to get it. Instead I got avatar warriors for 80 xbx points. It's only fun if you have someone to play it with next to you though because you can't play online.

It's basically hilarious slapfighting and kicking with really bad ragdoll physics. So much fun though.

OxBlood Jun 28th, 2010 05:47 AM

I´ve started another round with Symphony of the night...I don´t know how the game does it, but it never gets boring to me...sooo close to perfection.

I also hope they release Puzzle Quest 2 on Wednesday over here, I really want to play that thing, loved the first one.

darkvare Jun 28th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 690437)
Iīve started another round with Symphony of the night...I donīt know how the game does it, but it never gets boring to me...sooo close to perfection.

I also hope they release Puzzle Quest 2 on Wednesday over here, I really want to play that thing, loved the first one.

speaking of symphony of the night it got me pissed off i need the 200.6% achievement and i only have 200.4% :\ does leveling the familiars counts or items

Dimnos Jun 28th, 2010 12:24 PM

I think just owning all the familiars counts. I Dont think you have to level them but I could be wrong.

darkvare Jun 28th, 2010 12:48 PM

curses i really don't know what else to do

stevetothepast Jun 28th, 2010 12:55 PM

super mario galaxy 2

DougClayton4231 Jun 28th, 2010 01:13 PM

Finally got Neo-Geo VC games to work on my Wii and I've been enjoying Breakers Revenge, which is damn close to being as good as King Of Fighters 98. Any Neo-Geo recommendations?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 28th, 2010 01:25 PM

the Metal Slug games, KoF 98 and 2002...uh...

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 28th, 2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 690459)
speaking of symphony of the night it got me pissed off i need the 200.6% achievement and i only have 200.4% :\ does leveling the familiars counts or items

I bet I can help you out. I have 200.6 on my PSX save. In the regular castle there is the merman room. Look on your map or let me know if you got the jewel sword from there. In the lower part of the room where the mermen attack from there is a secret room to the left with a jewel sword in it. To unlock the door you have to enter the little cave part in the top half of the merman room. Enter in the left side of the cave as the wolf. Exit out the right side as the bat.

You can also do that in the inverted castle.

darkvare Jun 28th, 2010 02:25 PM

i have that i also have the beryl head thing i used it to beat galamoth i even filled the part on the inverted castle with the wolf and the jumps

Dimnos Jun 28th, 2010 03:14 PM

Have you spent hours going over your map looking for a tiny little gap?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 28th, 2010 03:23 PM

might just be a random corner then. Can you take a picture of the castle maps on your game? I know another thing people miss are getting the log data for shaft and dracula. Kill shaft, then attack dracula once and then use a library card.

darkvare Jun 28th, 2010 06:14 PM

ah finally god damn i feel like an idiot it was a small 2 rooms thing i was missing thanks for the help