I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Sep 12th, 2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 579257)
Yeah.

This is actually my favorite Silent Hill so far, although I have a feeling I should make a habit of not mentioning that in public.

I have no idea what the hell everyone's problem with this game is, it's fucking great. Adds extra dimensions to 3, too, because I'm visiting a bunch of the culty locations mentioned in that one.

I’ve also noticed the bloody rabbit from SH3 hanging around. There’s a hot air balloon shaped like his head visible flying around over Ashfield at one point, and the doll of him in Elieen’s room periodically changes position until it’s facing you and pointing directly at the peephole.

I was going to get that one when it came out but a friend beat me to it. I thought I would just borow it from him when he was done and save the money. I played it a little of it over at his place and I thought it was great. I didnt like 3, that was the one with the girl right? 1 and 2 were the best but i still havent played much of 4 yet.

Oh and pokemon games are the gay.
:posh

wobzire Sep 12th, 2008 04:35 PM

Insulting a game designed for children will not bring you half as much enjoyment as I will get from playing it.

pac-man Sep 12th, 2008 04:45 PM

Yeah, the real fun is in insulting the children.

wobzire Sep 12th, 2008 04:47 PM

That is superior to any game.

pac-man Sep 12th, 2008 04:51 PM

I've been playing Eternal Sonata in a rush to finish it because its mainly just collected dust since I got it and played it for a few hours. The visuals are pure saccharine and my buddy's girlfriend wants to borrow it when I'm done because it's "soooo cute!"

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 12th, 2008 04:52 PM

Final Fantasy XI. Level 23. Long way to go.

Guitar Woman Sep 12th, 2008 05:23 PM

I was thinking about where the fuck my copy of pokemon diamond was this morning, Fathom!

Guitar Woman Sep 12th, 2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

I didnt like 3, that was the one with the girl right?
I liked 3, but it was really trying too hard to scare me most of the time.

I suppose it's better than 2, which didn't try at all. I'm not particularly squeamish, either, thanks in part to the internet, so I guess it's just scarier if you're not familiar with 4chan horror images?

Dr. Boogie Sep 12th, 2008 06:20 PM

"4Chan made me into a man.":posh

Zomboid Sep 12th, 2008 06:28 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Guitar Woman Sep 13th, 2008 01:52 AM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It's fucking great, fyi.

Knife hit detection seems a little wonky; one of my favorite things to do is wound dogs, give them a head start of about 10 seconds, then bolt after them, hunt them down, and stab them when I get up alongside them. This doesn't work as awesomely as I'd like it to, and I usually just end up getting frustrated and shooting them.

I also tossed a grenade into a trio of patrolling soldiers, and in response to this about 5 more came marching down the road to take out the starting camp.

While they were skirmishing with my homies, I snuck up behind them and blew the hell out of them with the shotgun. It was awesome.

The graphics engine is also really impressive. I get absolutely no slowdown in a retardedly big game world that is all present at the same time, save for the shrubbery which appears about 40 feet in front of you.

And the game looks good.

JakeOfAllTrades Sep 14th, 2008 09:38 AM

Got to play a bit of Final Fantasy III, found the Mage's robe, a Fire Staff, and an Ice Staff. Does anyone know what level I should be at for the Tower of Owen? LOL, the Tower of Owen, I used to know a guy called Owen and trust me, he was no tower...

bigtimecow Sep 14th, 2008 01:26 PM

Guitar Woman Sep 14th, 2008 03:21 PM

:lol

Fathom Zero Sep 14th, 2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 579293)
I was thinking about where the fuck my copy of pokemon diamond was this morning, Fathom!

I can't seem to find it.

I have extreme trouble mailing things, anyway. I haven't forgotten your address though. I still have the letter.

Do you even have a DS?

Guitar Woman Sep 14th, 2008 03:26 PM

I borrow my sister's.

It is pink, the most manly color.

Fathom Zero Sep 14th, 2008 03:35 PM

Obviously. I'll mail it when I mail it.

Trust me.

Perhaps I will give it to you for Christmas!

Phoenix Gamma Sep 14th, 2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades (Post 579418)
Does anyone know what level I should be at for the Tower of Owen? LOL, the Tower of Owen, I used to know a guy called Owen and trust me, he was no tower...

At first, I was like:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow

But then, I was all:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades (Post 579418)
LOL

Also, gamefaqs :V

I've been playing Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles the last two days. It's not that great of a game (could the jumping be any worse? GodDAMMIT.) but I never played Symphony of the Night, and people love the shit out of that, so I unlocked it and gave a shot. The lack of map is frustrating me.

Dimnos Sep 14th, 2008 04:53 PM

lol I picked up Castlevania: SotN off xbox live and have been kicking that around.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 14th, 2008 04:54 PM

You'll get the map soon enough :rolleyes.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 14th, 2008 04:58 PM

Oh fuck me. The select button is a map.

It's times like this that I wish some games had a little annoying man to explain shit to me :(

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 14th, 2008 07:57 PM

I thought you meant getting a full map :(

Dr. Boogie Sep 14th, 2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 579459)
Oh fuck me. The select button is a map.

It's times like this that I wish some games had a little annoying man to explain shit to me :(

Well the next time something like that happens, just imagine there's an annoying little man standing right next to you, saying "read the fucking manual!"

Nick Sep 14th, 2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 579504)
Well the next time something like that happens, just imagine there's an annoying little man standing right next to you, saying "read the fucking manual!"

I was thinking the same thing.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 14th, 2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 579504)

Pirated games don't come with manuals :(