I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   SWC season 2 isn't the ONLY thing coming out November 4th... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5586)

Jixby Phillips Aug 28th, 2003 04:40 PM

SWC season 2 isn't the ONLY thing coming out November 4th...

Get ready to shit youself, rog.

from a comedycentral.com spam mail:
Quote:

Lewis Black: Unleashed- September 23
Insomniac with Dave Attell: Uncensored Vol.2 (two-disc set)- October 21
Strangers with Candy: Season 2- November 4
Upright Citizens Brigade: Season 1- November 4
The Man Show: Season 1, Volume 2- November 4
South Park: The Complete Third Season- December 16 (tentative)

whoreable Aug 28th, 2003 04:46 PM

No, fucking, way.

That is the most badass thing ever. They even listened to all the fans at the ucb board, and are doing the whole season instead of best of.

About damn time.

Mockery Aug 28th, 2003 04:47 PM

[center:2fd270820f]FINALLY! WE WIN!
:party :party[/center:2fd270820f]

CaptainBubba Aug 28th, 2003 04:53 PM

This is the best day of my entire young life. :)

Jixby Phillips Aug 28th, 2003 05:05 PM

Send your questions for the audio commentary track to the UCB here :

http://mb.ucbt.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1805

James Aug 28th, 2003 05:17 PM

Only four episodes? Poo. Better than nothing, but I would have preferred all the episodes.

As for questions, it's been so long since I've seen UCB, I can't even remember what segments were in each episode, let alone what episodes were from the first season, let alone being able to remember most of the episodes.

Jixby, is there any legal reasons why they never show reruns of UCB? I would have figured that they might boost sales of the DVD by reminding people (and showing new folks) how funny it was.

whoreable Aug 28th, 2003 05:22 PM

at least they said there would be tons of extras :)

Jixby Phillips Aug 28th, 2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Jixby, is there any legal reasons why they never show reruns of UCB? I would have figured that they might boost sales of the DVD by reminding people (and showing new folks) how funny it was.

I remember Comedy Central saying they didn't have the rights to show the episodes any more, but I think the UCB said it was bullshit.

Maybe they want to deprive us of UCB so that the demand for it will be greater.

Les Waste Aug 28th, 2003 10:18 PM

That might be true if it wasn't for the fact that I don't think enough people have even heard of UCB for that to work at all. People have to know about it before the demand can go up. Maybe it will drive up the demand among fans, but juding from most UCB fans I know, most fans would buy it whether or not the episodes were being shown again on TV.

Wasn't season 1 more than four episodes?

ShanghaiOrange Aug 28th, 2003 10:21 PM

He meant the commentary is only going to be on four episodes. :(

Les Waste Aug 28th, 2003 10:33 PM

:(

Mockery Aug 28th, 2003 11:12 PM

It's the same thing they did with Strangers With Candy season 1. They included all the episodes but only put commentary on some of them. But it sounds like they'll be throwing in a lot of extras too, so this will be a great set. In all honesty, they could just release all the season 1 episodes without any extras at all and I'd still buy 'em. The show was just too good, and like SWC, way ahead of its time.

McClain Aug 29th, 2003 12:48 AM

Ahead of their time? The humor they produce now is the kind of humor that will only be appreciated years from now? Are my kids going to huddle around the episodes, laugh and say shit like, "THIS IS A CLASSIC!" ? Well, Roger? ARE THEY?

You're so full of shit. I'll kick your ass you poser.

James Aug 29th, 2003 01:43 AM

You know what would be a good extra? They're TV spot from an early episode of Premium Blend (I think that was the show). Anyone remember that? They were talking about the keys to a comedy sketch.

Mockery Aug 29th, 2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McClain
Ahead of their time? The humor they produce now is the kind of humor that will only be appreciated years from now? Are my kids going to huddle around the episodes, laugh and say shit like, "THIS IS A CLASSIC!" ? Well, Roger? ARE THEY?

You're so full of shit. I'll kick your ass you poser.

We're already huddling around and pointing out episode moments to people who haven't seen them and saying "THIS IS A CLASSIC!" And if you're kids don't do the same, you had better look into euthanasia.

Now run along and go paint another old NES, Nerman.

-RoG-

Zbu Manowar Sep 4th, 2003 12:28 PM

They're still putting out South Park season sets? What extras are they going to cut out of it THIS time?

Protoclown Sep 4th, 2003 12:54 PM

Amazon.com lists the new Lewis Black release as another comedy cd called "The Rules of Enragement".

I will certainly be getting that, along with the Strangers DVDs and possibly the UCB. I haven't seen enough of that yet, so Rog, when it comes out, I'm coming over to your place to watch some of it. If I like, I buy.

Esuohlim Sep 4th, 2003 08:36 PM

Even though I've never seen UCB, I'll probably buy it anyway. I never even saw Strangers With Candy before I bought it and I got a brain orgasm from watching it. :(

But since some people said UCB was even better, I'm figuring multiple brain orgasms. :eek

CaptainBubba Sep 4th, 2003 08:56 PM

UCB is without contest the funniest sketch comedy to ever be shown on T.V. The only complaint I could make about it is that unlike SWC, which is consistantly funny at an above average level, UCB is more of a major hit and miss type of humor. Poop on a stick defense, the Hole in the sheet, and the sketch with the two crack head/pimp businessmen would be good examples of hits, whereas things like the paranoid weed dealer were pretty dull.

When all is said and done its still my favorite show ever.

Black Flag Sep 5th, 2003 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
UCB is without contest the funniest sketch comedy to ever be shown on T.V.

Have you never seen Mr. Show?

Jixby Phillips Sep 6th, 2003 03:57 AM

or Benny Hill?

James Sep 6th, 2003 05:02 AM

Am I the only one who remembers UCB on Premium Blend? It was when Jim Bruer hosted it.

I remember them talking about the art of the spit-take, and how in the future, water will not be plentiful enough to spit out for jokes. So they showed how it would happen in future comedy skits, by stuffing a cloth into their mouth, drinking the water, and spitting out the cloth.

There was other stuff in it too. It was funny. :(

whoreable Sep 6th, 2003 11:51 AM

I remeber seeing them on some other comedy show, comic cabana maybe?? but I think it might have been that same thing.

Personaly UCB is my favorite, I like it better than Mr. Show.

And what wasnt funny about desert fox special ops captian bubba? Even some of the weakest UCB moments are still pretty damn funny.

Jixby Phillips Sep 6th, 2003 06:15 PM

Yeah, it was comic cabana, not premium blend.

CaptainBubba Sep 6th, 2003 07:14 PM

I don't get whatever channel has Mr.Show. :( I've heard its funny.

UCB is still hilarious most of the time, I just didn't find that episode very good. The scenes seemed to drag on and nothing was really funny in it. It was "ok", but I have high expectations whenever I watch UCB so it seemed sub par compared to their other skits. And the "Sweet Home Alabama" part was just kinda annoying.