I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ask the Mexican (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708753)

Tadao Aug 4th, 2012 12:24 PM

That's pretty expensive yeah? How do you filter your water? Charcoal/sand then boil. When my nephew was staying by the Sea of Cortez, he said they added a drop of cilantro essence.

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 12:43 PM

when iw as in mexico they didnt even have toilet water. Instead, they had a giant barrel filled with water so when u were done you had to get a bucket and pour it into the toilet :lol

darkvare Aug 4th, 2012 12:53 PM

well to put it into perspective a half a liter soda goes for 8 pesos it's not expensive and i never heard of the cilantro essecne thing

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 01:19 PM

Mexico is never as cool or friendly as high school Spanish books imply. Then again, neither is France and I'm sure those Romans were fuckers too.

My high school Spanish teacher made us bring stuff for tacos every week and we all thought that was cool until someone saw her sneaking tupperware out of her bag and taking home the leftovers. Then it was just sad. :(

But yeah, according to "Voces y Vistas", all Mexicans are hip teenagers in cosby sweaters and acid-washed jeans, who do nothing but play the guitar, buy churros (and cacahuates at the zoo, for some reason) and try to find the library.

Tadao Aug 4th, 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 760771)
when iw as in mexico they didnt even have toilet water. Instead, they had a giant barrel filled with water so when u were done you had to get a bucket and pour it into the toilet :lol

I hope you didn't put the toilet paper into the toilet! :eek

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 02:55 PM

i dont remember. I don't think i could take a shit at the time cuz i was at a mexican labor camp right before that and all they had was portopotties and we had limited toilet paper so I was taking a shit like once a week :lol
after i escaped i got drunk and puked up like a weeks worth of food

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 04:27 PM

how the hell did you get stuck in a Mexican labor camp

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 04:58 PM

cuz i drank a lot when i was younger and that was my punishment

http://www.cafety.org/solutions-and-...ican-officials

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 07:04 PM

interesting.

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 07:20 PM

im not one of the kids in that article though

Esuohlim Aug 4th, 2012 07:59 PM

WHERE CAN I FIND A NICE BUSINESS-PROFESSIONAL SOMBRERO

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 4th, 2012 10:48 PM

I watched this documentary on pablo escobar last night. They had this picture where he dressed up like his hero poncho villa. He had this ten gallon sombrero, two bandoliers, two shotguns and all and all looked like some sort of super mexican.

darkvare Aug 4th, 2012 11:27 PM

i sent a picture to tadao of the pancho villa monument that sits at la bufa over here in zacatecas
and if you really want a sombrero we have tons of stores here that even customize them

Tadao Aug 5th, 2012 12:48 AM

I was gonna ask you, is there heavy police coverage in La Bufa? I thought that town was supposed to be pretty chill. Or is it that there are normal amounts of cops but heavily armed like all the cops in Mexico.

kahljorn Aug 5th, 2012 01:03 AM

all them beans and rice go straight to the arms

darkvare Aug 5th, 2012 02:35 AM

la bufa has just like 3 cops tops

Tadao Aug 5th, 2012 11:21 AM

Hey Darkvare,

I have some badges, do you want them?

Tadao Aug 9th, 2012 04:21 PM

DonVare,

What do you think of your new president?

darkvare Aug 9th, 2012 06:31 PM

i really don't feel like talking about him

Tadao Aug 10th, 2012 01:06 PM

Well then how about sharing grandmas bean recipe. Mine is

4 cups pinto beans
1 clove garlic
home made chicken broth
1 teaspoon seasalt
1 teaspoon mrs dash
some rosemary

I want to add butter something to it, but I don't know what it's missing. :(

kahljorn Aug 10th, 2012 01:09 PM

lard
hamhock

Tadao Aug 10th, 2012 01:44 PM

Well, the chicken broth has the grease of lard and the sea salt makes up for the lack of pork. I was thinking about adding some butter to help it out, but it's not lacking in that department. It's missing a spice I think. I thought mrs dash would do it but it failed.

kahljorn Aug 10th, 2012 06:48 PM

cumin then. also u got no onions and i dont put garlic in mine. and y rosemary?

salt doesnt make up for the lack of pork and chicken broth kinda helps but a little bit of lard+chicken broth is better. Salt is just salt it doesn't replace a pork flavor. The flavors are all completely different.. at least when u refry it/brown the onions do it in lard. when u eat beans in the restaurant its basically lard+chicken broth flavor, or hamhocks.

and dont use butter it makes it taste bad :(

i spent years trying to make good mexican beans and the ones that tasted closest to a mexican food restaurant used lard+chicken broth or hamhocks. i also tried bacon but i thought it made it taste too much like bbq beans

also i think ur not supposed to cook beans in salt cause it does something o their consistency.

Kitsa Aug 10th, 2012 09:48 PM

you're japanese and you didn't put any yellow miso in that shit?

darkvare Aug 10th, 2012 09:59 PM

i don't think ive ever cooked beans with chicken broth, all i do is i get the beans then put them on a pressure cooker add water, salt, garlic and onions all chopped. You need to leave them cooking for a long time until they get soft then you get them out and fry them while squashing them adding a bit of water if you think they might burn.

edit: you know what this has inspired me to start making a videos series i was thinking about for a long time it's gonna be called cooking with vare i'll try to cook my carnachos tomorrow and film it so you guys can steal my recipes