I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Shrubfest May 1st, 2008 07:26 PM

Great, i'll post a bunch of irrelevant nonsense then...

Oh, wait....thats the point, yeah?

executioneer May 1st, 2008 07:28 PM

in this thread? fuck yes

Emu May 1st, 2008 08:01 PM

this is the irrelevant nonsense thread

Fathom Zero May 1st, 2008 08:18 PM

this is the irreverent sense thread.

Pub Lover May 1st, 2008 08:18 PM

Sounds like a title.

Also, it took me ten minutes to realise that I meant ground not grinded. :dunce

Pub Lover May 1st, 2008 08:21 PM

Fathom Zero May 1st, 2008 08:23 PM

OPTIONS?

Pub Lover May 1st, 2008 08:25 PM

Anyone casting for the next Christian Messiah movie, please cast Jake Busey in the main role. I just now really wanted this to happen, so make it so.

Fathom Zero May 1st, 2008 08:30 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO

WhiteRat May 1st, 2008 08:52 PM

breakooooooout!

Sethomas May 1st, 2008 09:27 PM

'cuz EVERYBODY needs a friend like Jesus!

Fathom Zero May 2nd, 2008 12:39 AM

I'm going hiking with a cute girl on the 17th.

Pub Lover May 2nd, 2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 553043)
Kybo, I moved your off-topic posts to the chatroom. >:

Pub, I know I don't need to tell you. ;)

Pub Lover May 2nd, 2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediScum (Post 553041)
If yer single... no... i not even going to try to hit on you....

Ok, maybe.

Esuohlim has an avatar of a girl too, hit on him somemore, why don't you.

Grislygus May 2nd, 2008 01:00 PM

Hey

HEY

Anybody know the right way to spell Louis Malonga?

Grislygus May 2nd, 2008 01:24 PM

Fine, don't help, you heartless bastards :(

Grislygus May 2nd, 2008 01:26 PM

The closest name I've gotten is Busi Mhlongo, but she's far, far more traditional than the song I heard. Fucking NPR, I swear to god

Guitar Woman May 2nd, 2008 01:27 PM

so I'm a smoker now. Whoops!

Pub Lover May 2nd, 2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 553055)
For a good example of just how awful fanfic writers are, please see the extensive Stargate SG1 fanfiction link I posted somewhere in the chat thread, it pretty much redefines gay

I would compare this to suggesting that someone purposefully catch botulism to understand why you didn't like the sandwich you had today.

Sethomas May 2nd, 2008 01:34 PM

Grisly, what was the exact phonetic breakdown of her name, and what ethnicity do you think it was?

Grislygus May 2nd, 2008 01:39 PM

It sounded exactly like Louie Malongo, but I couldn't hear it properly over the professor. Definitely modern South African. Happy, jangly guitars and catchy chorus, sort of a Johnny Clegg feel. It sounded like "Afrikaana" was one of the lyrics, and title was possibly something along the lines of "Rhoomba all the way".

Chorus seemed to be all male, it had a sax solo. Another possibility I've tracked down is Louis Maholo, but he's just a drummer and I can't find any of his albums or tracks.

Grislygus May 2nd, 2008 01:41 PM

I swear, whenever World Cafe plays somebody worth tracking down, it's nearly impossible

Sethomas May 2nd, 2008 01:45 PM

I got the impression you said it was a "she", in which case most languages would pronounce the "s" in "Louis". French phonetics emphasize a final consonant by adding an "e" at the end, especially with feminine names/nouns/adjectives. Hence, I think the French might be "Louise", and the German (more in tune with Afrikaans diction) would be Luise probably. Since I'm a long way away from picking up any Sub-Saharan languages, I don't know how to help with the last name.

Esuohlim May 2nd, 2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 553061)
so I'm a smoker now. Whoops!

I'm proud of you, son

JediScum May 2nd, 2008 03:03 PM

Guitar Woman, I am so NOT proud of you for becoming a smoker because that means, we will little shrunken-headed, fucked up, retard, idiot, lessbian babies that are fat and Mexican or Jewish.

Anyway, I was going to post this in movies, (not the above, step-child) but this:

"With all the comic book movies coming out in droves over the last 7-8 years, WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF A FIRESTORM MOVIE?!?!"

Is it because two MEN fuse? Actually, it's more like a professor and a hunky, hmmmmmmmmmm.... college freshman who FUSE.

And they become a hero who has a FLAMING head. Oh, Dear LORD!!!!

Seriously, though, why no Firestorm script? It could be a good movie. Or it could ummm, a bad movie.