I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

WhiteRat Oct 3rd, 2012 10:05 PM

I've been binging through the Wire e for the last week or so. I'm almost done with season 3 and it hasn't missed a beat.

Tadao Oct 5th, 2012 06:25 PM

Anyone watching Walking Dead? I gave up on it after the first season. Is it still as soap operaish?

Dimnos Oct 5th, 2012 11:37 PM

Has the 3rd season started yet?

All Hail Duke Oct 6th, 2012 12:36 AM

it starts next week i think (but we have dish network, so i can't watch)

eh, the bulk of season 2 was mostly lame "soap operaish" nonsense, it started getting good in the last few episodes

darkvare Oct 6th, 2012 02:08 AM

the thing that happend with the walking dead was the budget cut so they saved everything for the second part of the second season where shit started to hit the fan

Kitsa Oct 6th, 2012 10:50 PM

I'm over this apocalypse thing. World ends for everyone soon enough as it is.

darkvare Oct 7th, 2012 01:22 AM

hell on wheels is pretty awesome too filled with bad ass characters

Kitsa Oct 10th, 2012 02:21 PM

I sat for about a half hour hating "New Girl", thinking of more and more reasons to hate "New Girl", thining about iphone commercials I hated and bangs and forced indie wackiness and I even googled "hate z" and it autofilled "hate zoey deschanel", so I can't be the only one annoyed by this phenomenon, yet I was so lazy I couldn't even be motivated to change the channel to something more acceptable. So I laid there and watched "The Mindy Project" and thought about how much I hated that too.

Maybe my sort of fatigue-fueled apathy is what's behind the ratings.

darkvare Oct 12th, 2012 12:47 AM

i actually search continuosly for the remote when that show comes on specially since they play 2 episodes back to back here

Kitsa Oct 12th, 2012 08:50 AM

I was mildly disappointed in the new Sunny. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I think that Mac was onto something with the weight gain. Everyone is doing that hollywood-success thing of looking generally polished and prettier since the show started, with the exception of maybe Charlie and Frank. In real life, everyone would be getting older and fatter and uglier.

Kitsa Oct 14th, 2012 11:12 PM

Also, officially not interested in "Dexter" anymore.

Dimnos Oct 15th, 2012 12:11 AM

Officially not interested? Or officially not watching?

Shrubfest Oct 15th, 2012 05:03 AM

Man, I love not having TV. I was watching Quantum Leap until I got sick of the morals, then 3rd Rock from the Sun until they ran out of ideas.

Might watch DS9 next.

Kitsa Oct 15th, 2012 07:34 AM

Big Bang Theory feels like the bastard child of Third Rock from the Sun and Roseanne.

I'm just over Dexter. I found that out when I was trying to watch the first ep of the new season. I just didn't care anymore, and I didn't bother to finish the first ep or start the second. Also, when you google "Dexter jump the shark" there are like 1,300,000 results.

Tadao Oct 15th, 2012 11:20 AM

I feel the same about Breaking Bad. Yeah great the actors are awesome, but when you are out of ideas you need to not run it into the ground ONE MORE FUCKING TIME

Dimnos Oct 15th, 2012 12:06 PM

Yeah, I watched the first 3 episodes of the last season of BB and just couldnt get into it. :\

Tadao Oct 15th, 2012 12:50 PM

Even if we don't know the exact ending, we all have 10 ideas of how it will play out. The first few seasons of BB never gave me that feeling. I always was in suspense. Then they killed the drug lord and here we are. No enemies that are worthy, just a sad sad mans life.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krythor Oct 15th, 2012 01:39 PM

In what way are they out of ideas? You say that one post then complain that Gus is dead in the next. The show would be awful if he was still alive. And how can you complain that you can predict 10 (Oh gee, only 10?) possible ways the show can play out in its final season? You wouldn't get the last 20 minutes of a film and say "it's so obvious either X will happen, and if not it's one of these 9 other things :rolleyes:"

I thought the train heist episode was awful, and because there are only a certain amount of episodes left with limited time to set up new storylines the pacing has been way too fast, but the last three episodes of this run were just as good as it's always been. Anyone who thinks it's any worse now than it was before for writing reasons is forgetting that the show has always been pretty ridiculous at times, like the terminator cousins from season 3 as one example.

Tadao Oct 15th, 2012 03:36 PM

Srysly, you are a musician. You can't fathom how 10 PREDICTABLE ideas are a bad thing?

Oh wait, I've heard your tracks. Good job!

Krythor Oct 15th, 2012 05:31 PM

Why specifically 10? You could predict 100 things, it makes no difference. The person writing the thing has to predict at least one ending in order to write it. If something that made absolutely no sense happened it would be unpredictable, and it would be terrible, like most of the prog rock you listen to.

Tadao Oct 15th, 2012 06:20 PM

No no, you're right. That shit sandwich that you are eating tastes yummy. Share it with your friends!

Tadao Oct 15th, 2012 06:25 PM

I hear CBS needs a new morning news jingle. You could make hundreds dude! :rolleyes

Zomboid Oct 16th, 2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 762871)
I feel the same about Breaking Bad. Yeah great the actors are awesome, but when you are out of ideas you need to not run it into the ground ONE MORE FUCKING TIME

What? The actors on Dexter are in no way near the caliber of the ones on BB. I mean, I disagree with your other comments about it, but this one really stood out.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 09:31 AM

Yeah, I'm saying the acting on Breaking Bad is top notch.

Krythor Oct 16th, 2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 762887)
I hear CBS needs a new morning news jingle. You could make hundreds dude! :rolleyes

No, you are.