I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

SKATERMONKEY Feb 13th, 2007 01:42 PM

Firefox is less susceptible to popups/ adaware and the like also it has cool addons like stumble, video d/l etc

Fathom Zero Feb 13th, 2007 02:00 PM

Yes,yes, I know, but there must be something good about Internet Explorer.

SKATERMONKEY Feb 13th, 2007 02:05 PM

more compatible and user friendly I guess.

liquidstatik Feb 13th, 2007 02:20 PM

I don't know about the new IE, since I can't install it, but the earlier versions didn't follow web standards. ;<

plus i love firefox addons :O

Moobs Feb 13th, 2007 02:21 PM

I'm to extreme to use an internet browser :x

Mockery Feb 13th, 2007 02:31 PM

Currently Active Users: 89 (10 members and 79 guests)

LURKING GUESTS INVASION
:faint
:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint
:aok

ArrowX Feb 13th, 2007 02:33 PM

Firefox fills you with mass amounts of elitism, once you start using it you scoff and humbug at all the people who use IE.

liquidstatik Feb 13th, 2007 02:33 PM

MOCKERY: i hope those 79 guests never sign up :x

ARROWX: nu uh

ArrowX Feb 13th, 2007 02:39 PM

I concur.

Moobs Feb 13th, 2007 02:44 PM

i hope they do sign up but are like cannon fodder and dont stick around

liquidstatik Feb 13th, 2007 02:45 PM

YOU AIN'T GOTTA SAY IT TOO MUCH, FROM THA LOOK IN YO EYEES, I CAN TELL YA WANNA FUCK

AND YOU AIN'T GOTTA CALL ME YA BOO, JUST AS BAD AS YOU WANNA FUCK, I WANNA FUCK TOO

ArrowX Feb 13th, 2007 02:45 PM

or like 10 of them stick around and are clones of sports.

Fathom Zero Feb 13th, 2007 02:58 PM

You are about to witness the strength of street knowledge.

Goat Cheese Feb 13th, 2007 03:57 PM

I hope mah friend joins so we can all wank on him hard.

Esuohlim Feb 13th, 2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX (Post 470833)
Firefox fills you with mass amounts of elitism, once you start using it you scoff and humbug at all the people who use IE.

I downloaded Firefox once and then my mouse scroll didn't work so I checked into it and I had to download some more shit so I was like f that IE's mouse scroll works so I stuck with it ok

god

Mockery Feb 13th, 2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 470834)
MOCKERY: i hope those 79 guests never sign up :x

Actually, the more people who sign up the better if you ask me. More variety 'n all.

As for Firefox, I use it more than I use IE, but I still use both browsers. They're basically the same as far as I'm concerned. I just like the tabs feature in Firefox since I always have 50 windows open along with all my other programs. Plus it's good for me to test the site out in both browsers to make sure everybody's seeing what I'm seeing.

Coyne Feb 13th, 2007 04:16 PM

Are you kidding? The only reason to use the internet to enjoy the scroll mouse! anything else is just a waste of Bandwidth!

Chojin Feb 13th, 2007 04:17 PM

i use firefox because microsoft won't let me download the new IE. Since then, I like tabbed browsing, I like how when it crashes it'll save all your pages and forms that you were filling out, and I like the plugins.

As a web designer, I DON'T appreciate how firefox loves to ignore certain HTML rules (especially concerning tables and fixed backgrounds), and it manages to dick up paragraph breaks all the time.

Coyne Feb 13th, 2007 04:23 PM

Wow, with Goat Cheese backing me up I can't loose! surrender now all you feeble Firefox users!

Chojin Feb 13th, 2007 04:26 PM

BOY... OF DESSSSSSSSSSTINY

Coyne Feb 13th, 2007 04:31 PM

wow, you got it right. Even I've been pronouncing it wrong all these years.

Terra Feb 13th, 2007 05:24 PM

the force is strong in this one, dad

liquidstatik Feb 13th, 2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 470881)
i use firefox because microsoft won't let me download the new IE. Since then, I like tabbed browsing, I like how when it crashes it'll save all your pages and forms that you were filling out, and I like the plugins.

As a web designer, I DON'T appreciate how firefox loves to ignore certain HTML rules (especially concerning tables and fixed backgrounds), and it manages to dick up paragraph breaks all the time.

yeah, but FF does wayy better at CSS than IE does(did?)

Mockery Feb 13th, 2007 06:34 PM

CSS is awesome in some ways and bad in others. I've honestly found that doing pages entirely in CSS just takes way more time than it needs to, and the benefits of having a page entirely in CSS appear to be minimal.

Still it's definitely good to use CSS for some stuff (ie: setting up global fonts, backgrounds, etc.)

Chojin Feb 13th, 2007 07:41 PM

WiiKitty got linked at Cute Overload yesterday and people are FREAKING THE FUCK OUT over that PetSpa video. It's totally hilarious, but all the same I'd like a few of you dudes to go over there and set them straight. Thanks.