I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Constatin + Keanu= Suburbanized Hellblazer (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16414)

badkarma_detroit Feb 22nd, 2005 12:47 AM

Constatin + Keanu= Suburbanized Hellblazer

loved this movie.
i have to say, keanu's (who i hate) attitude was perfect for the character....just giving characters sh!t because he didn't care.....

the portrayal of hell was a little soft and cg, but other than that this was a great, suspensful and creepy (especially if you hate bugs) movie.

special effects were crazy, beautifully filmed, lots of suicide, and the story seemed to flow pretty naturally...even if it was a little predictable, i can't act like i was clenching my fists and tense through the whole two hours.

anyone else see this film yet? i know it's not a comedy, but i laughed like 8 times....apparently inappropriately.

ziggytrix Feb 22nd, 2005 10:20 AM

I'm curious if you are familiar with the graphic novels (comics) this movie was somewhat based on?

Sieko Feb 22nd, 2005 10:26 AM

Dissregarding ziggytrixs comment due to comics are lame.

Constatin rocked, Cool breeze over the mountain at his best.

And i thought hell looked cool =/

Schimid Feb 22nd, 2005 10:30 AM

sh!t

abortretryfail Feb 22nd, 2005 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix
I'm curious if you are familiar with the graphic novels (comics) this movie was somewhat based on?

I am. Familiar enough that I can't see the movie. Was a fan of John Constantine before he was in Hellblazer, back when he was a crossover character in Swamp Thing and Demon. Glad that people enjoy the movie in and of itself though. Just wish they'd called it something else. Don't care if I'm lame. :)

Dole Feb 22nd, 2005 12:46 PM

Quote:

Dissregarding ziggytrixs comment due to comics are lame.

Constatin rocked, Cool breeze over the mountain at his best.

And i thought hell looked cool =/
Wazzock.

ziggytrix Feb 22nd, 2005 01:49 PM

You know what else is lame? Fucking morons who can't even spell Constantine. Really. :|

Sieko Feb 22nd, 2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix
You know what else is lame? Fucking morons who can't even spell Constantine. Really. :|

In didnt know how to spell it so i copied and pasted it from him.

huond Feb 22nd, 2005 02:39 PM

yeh gies its a purty hard wurd to be speling give him a brak!

Esuohlim Feb 22nd, 2005 05:02 PM

Costatn sukd

McClain Feb 22nd, 2005 05:36 PM

I have no knowledge of the comic book this movie is based upon so I have no baseline. That being said, will I be disappointed? I kinda' wanted to see it. The previews make it look good.

Immortal Goat Feb 22nd, 2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huond
yeh gies its a purty hard wurd to be speling give him a brak!

ScruU2wice Feb 22nd, 2005 08:03 PM

I have to say they could or have very easily replaced Keanue Reeves. he has like three faces: smile/laugh , look confused, have no emotion. I don't know what the character is suppose to be like so If he fits I guess the character might be good. I thought the preview made it look cool, but that's before I knew it was based off something.

executioneer Feb 22nd, 2005 08:06 PM

james marsters lol

pjalne Feb 22nd, 2005 08:29 PM

If that had happened I'd probably have to remind myself it wasn't Spike the Movie every ten minutes.

They should do a movie where Constantine, Spike and Sid Vicious get drunk, pass out and get amnesia and run around trying to figure out which of them is which.

Rongi Feb 22nd, 2005 08:37 PM

that would be the best god damn movie ever

pjalne Feb 22nd, 2005 08:47 PM

And when they feel pretty certain they've figured out which one is Constantine, Sting should wake up from behind the sofa and say "Well, if he is Constantine, then who the hell am I?"

Oh man, I'm totally psyched to see this movie now.

ziggytrix Feb 23rd, 2005 10:38 AM

That old fag, Roger Ebert, has a pretty funny review of the movie.

In the comics, he wasn't on a holy mission to redeem his soul. He did "redeem" his soul at one point, but it was through conning some demon lords of hell, not "killing" their lackeys. :(

Sieko Feb 23rd, 2005 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
I have to say they could or have very easily replaced Keanue Reeves. he has like three faces: smile/laugh , look confused, have no emotion. I don't know what the character is suppose to be like so If he fits I guess the character might be good. I thought the preview made it look cool, but that's before I knew it was based off something.

I thought Cool breeze was good in that movie.

McClain Feb 23rd, 2005 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McClain
I have no knowledge of the comic book this movie is based upon so I have no baseline. That being said, will I be disappointed? I kinda' wanted to see it. The previews make it look good.

?

ziggytrix Feb 23rd, 2005 11:06 AM

i dunno what you like, and i haven't seen the movie anyway.

ItalianStereotype Feb 23rd, 2005 02:09 PM

I liked the movie, Clain. you probably will too, as I will personally piss on everyone who doesn't like it.

Dole Feb 24th, 2005 06:24 AM

20 quid says its a humoungous bag o shite.

adept_ninja Feb 27th, 2005 11:43 PM

I just saw the movie and I liked it...the end seemed kinda lame though i wanted more to happen but eh..not bad though

Sergeant_Tibbs Feb 28th, 2005 05:02 PM

I thought it was alright, but I didn't know that it was based on a comic book. I'd recommend renting it.

Edit - Also his shotgun at the end was fucking gay.