I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   what happend to me, a story for chojin (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703440)

george Nov 6th, 2009 11:58 AM

what happend to me, a story for chojin

ok this might be a long story, nothing i say in this is to make people feel sorry for me or anything like that. i will be honest with most of it, but in a few spots i will have to take poetic license cause this IS the intraweb and some things are other peoples business and not mine to post. i hope this can go unsaid, but i ask for no pity from anyone on this. i have had time to deal with all of it and i think it is all kind of funny now so:

1995 to about mid 1997

ok, this is to provide a little background, cause the full impact of everything else that happens is lost without a little background.

May 1995: I am offered a comission in the Marines. I have worked six years for this day. It is what i have wanted since I was 17yrs old. My wife Nancy has supported me, and helped me to get to this point. We have just had a new baby. Life is PERFECT. I have money, a nice house, two cars, and I love my wife with all of my heart. When I tell Nancy about being accepted into OCS (under an enlisted comissioning program) she tells me "If you stay in the Marines I will divorce you."

I decide to get out of the Marines. As a side note, I would have been able to retire this year if I had stayed in.

October 1995: I get out of the Marines and we (my family) move in with my mother in law. We move in with her because the death of her husband has left her reeling (oddly enough, he had been on his way to visit Nancy and I and had a car accident) and she literally got on her knees and begged us to move in with her.

Nancy has a surgery at Bethesda Naval Medical Center. It is a simple Gaul Bladder removal, same day release surgery that got postponed cause of her being pregnant, so the military was doing it because it was a legacy condition. They botched it, and it turned into the biggest nightmare that I could have ever imagined. They killed her through incompetence at least three times. The woman that came out of that "Same Day" surgery three months later was a very different version of the person who went in.

December 26, 1995: I get thrown out of my mother in laws house :( i did not see this coming, i came home from work and my shit was packed and MIL and Wife said I had to go. I would later learn that my Wife had told my MIL that I was cheating on her, and that I had a drug problem (it had been three years since i had even had a drink, much less drugs)

February 1996: After living with a friend for a few months I decide to go back in the Marines. I join a unit near my hometown. I have a lot of fun in this unit and a lot of interesting adventures. Nancy in the kids move into base housing with me. Nancy and I fight almost constantly, and it is awful.

July 1996: I am on a deployment in San Diego, CA. I call home to tell my wife I got a tattoo (it had her name on it BTW) and she tells me that she's glad I called because she wouldnt be there when I got back. When I get home all the stuff is gone, and the only thing left is my dog (it had been sick when I left) and it is dead in the middle of what had been the living room.

January 1997: Nancy turns up and asks me for money for an abortion. I am all for a woman having the right to choose and all that, but none of my money will ever go to murder a baby. I convince her to put it up for adoption, and end up taking responsibility for organizing the whole thing for her (mostly be getting her Mom and Sisters to take her to an Adoption agency). I set it up so she can have the baby at the base hospital. When my command realizes that i am helping my estranged wife have another mans baby on the USMC's dime it effectively ends my USMC career, and I am denied reenlistment.

August 1997: Nancy has the baby. I get slapped in the face by a nurse that I had been dating when Nancy and I were split up.

that sums up this part. Nancy and I get back together, mostly because i cannot take being seperated from my children. Things are actually pretty good for awhile, and during this time is when I met a lot of the old imockery crowd (including boring roger and doopa to death at a party at my house :()

ok, i gotta take a break for a minute. more to come...

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2009 12:33 PM

If I saw you, George, I'd give you the biggest, bestest hug.

captain516 Nov 6th, 2009 12:41 PM

sad story bro

Shrubfest Nov 6th, 2009 12:47 PM

This is only half of your shit? Christ. Remind me never to grow up.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2009 01:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your dog :(

Zomboid Nov 6th, 2009 01:22 PM

Your ex-wife sounds like a raging cunt. Just sayin'.

The Leader Nov 6th, 2009 01:33 PM

I like this thread. :)

Dimnos Nov 6th, 2009 01:35 PM

How many kids do you have with this cunt lady?

george Nov 6th, 2009 02:32 PM

three kids, and dont cry for me at all, i really mean it. there was all kinds of fun mixed in, and it is just life.

the funny part is coming, i just ran out of time today. i will write more of it when i get home from work tonight.

i promise, it will make you laugh in the end.

Sacks Nov 6th, 2009 03:06 PM

This woman is really good at destroying your career.

Carnivore Nov 6th, 2009 03:07 PM

I'm hooked. Can't wait for the next episode.

Dimnos Nov 6th, 2009 03:42 PM

Need more story time.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2009 04:06 PM

publish your memoirs

Chojin Nov 6th, 2009 04:18 PM

oh god

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2009 04:53 PM

George makes too many threads. :( Now I look like what I really am; comfused.

I'M WAITING ON BATED BREATH, GEORGE.

george Nov 7th, 2009 01:27 AM

Ok, this is the year that I got laid off from Sprint. For those of you who were around then you may remember that I was kind of happy about losing that job. I was pretty much getting paid to come on i-mockery, but if you have ever seen Office Space then you understand how I felt about Sprint. I am the type of guy who likes to work, I am awful if I have a lot of down time.

So,
I get laid off in march and get three months severence pay. Three things happen during this period of time that are embarassing to me personally, but again important to set the end of things:

1. I get smaked out of my gourd every day. For the purpose of conversation I will say I was drinking ;) and I was doing it heavily. I had already lined up a job and had nothing to do for three months except collect checks and get fucked up.

2. I watched the news. I was off work from the very first day of the gulf war, and if you were too young, or had a job maybe you did not get to see the full range of coverage but there was some very, very trippy shit happening in the early days of that war that got shown on the news. Well, the news also did a special segment on a special, legal, way of getting fucked up for cheap. and so I watched a lot of the war in a highly altered state of mind. I also watched the LOTR like a million times.

3. I got too fucked up one night and while sitting outside looking at the stars (and for those of you who have been to what me and the kids refer to as "the white house" you know that there is NOTHING nearby) I had a seizure and from my point of view died in my front yard. I had a vision, it was really fucked up (a story for another day). I woke up to the kids burying me, cause they thought it was funny.

now, you would think I had learned my lesson. but i didnt. i got worse. so at this point Nancy had just about enough of me and my new habits. Mostly cause she had to spend a lot of time at home instead of going out with her friends because I could not be counted on to do ANYTHING except get fucked up and watch LOTR. i in no way try to justify my behavior, but my point of view at the time was that I was on vacation with pay. I was deep in a bad habit, and anyone that has been an addict, or lived with one knows how selfish and self serving they can be. I was as bad as any i can imagine.

until, one day I was watching 60 minutes and they did a special on GHB addiction. this guys kids filmed his deterioration as he got more and more addicted. they did it to try and show him that he had a problem, and man this cat had a BIG fucking problem. The segment ended with this guy blowing his parole by drinking floor cleaner in a Sears cause it had GHB in it.

i went to sleep that night bummed because I was going to have to be sober the next day becuase i had to go to my grandmothers funeral. When I woke up in the morning and looked around my room there was nothing but empty bottles all around my room. It would be a while later that I would see Requim to a Dream but I understood the final scene when the girl is siting in her apartment with about a million bits of paper all around. i was horrified. the whole thing with the guy on TV suddenly came back to me. For the most part I was worried about the kids (i have had open discussions with them about this period of time, and none of them remember anything except that they fucking hate the LOTR, or at least so they say). I quit my new habits that morning, I have been mother and father for these children for most of their lives. They needed me back from vacation.

Nancy loved the fact I had fallen down. Now for those of you who have never been in a NEED based realtionship, there is always the Needy one and the strong one. Nancy knew she was the needy one, and absolutely hated me for it. Now that she had a stick to beat me with, she used my actions to justify ANYTHING she did. and man she did anything.

I WILL HAVE TO LEAVE IT HERE FOR THE MOMENT!! WE ARE GETTING THERE GUYS :)

Terra Nov 7th, 2009 09:03 AM

Wow george. Glad you're still alive.

Colonel Flagg Nov 7th, 2009 04:01 PM

Damn, bro', you been doin' some serious bad mojo. Or something.

Are you sure this will end with a laugh? :confused

george Nov 7th, 2009 11:12 PM

it depends on your definition of funny. i am a firm believer in tragedy=comedy.

but there is some funny stuff coming.

i am off work tomorrow and monday so i will prolly finnish this thing up in the next day or so. sorry to keep you waiting for the end of this story, but i had a busy night arguing politics with a bunch of Greeks and a black guy that looks like a black guy made out of a rather large bull :)

Terra Nov 8th, 2009 10:02 AM

When you argue with Greeks keep your back to the wall! j/s

Colonel Flagg Nov 8th, 2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by george (Post 657492)

If you say so, brah. :word

Fathom Zero Nov 8th, 2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by george (Post 657492)

Hey, I am too. It's the only way I can make it through some tragedies. I have this running joke with people where Whatchamacallits are my Uncle's favorite candy bar, but he can't eat them anymore. When they ask me why, I let them know it's because he's dead. :(

I love that one.

george Nov 8th, 2009 05:12 PM

you understand ;)

once me and the kids were at a gas station. at the time we had this monster of a jeep. it looked like it had gotten blown up in the war, and put back to use after very minor repairs.

we were all in pajama's and some gay assed 80's song came on the radio that all WaWa'a and Sheets seem to play at top volume. me and the kids started dancing, and i am sure we looked like a pack of retards.

there was this guy putting gas in his mecedes at the pump directly in front of us. he was a very well appointed fellow, and he gave us a look of disgust. we all stop dancing, and my daughter Tuesday says "look at that guy!"

i started laughing and said loud enough for him to hear "Fuck him!"

Tuesday laughs and replies "Yeah! We know how to live!"

and we all start dancing again. The guy gets obviously upset, slams the nozzle back in the pump, slams his car door and goes roaring out of the gas station as we dance and laugh.

FZ i think you might get the point of this story. you sir now how to live, and i bet your grandfather would like your joke.

kahljorn Nov 8th, 2009 06:25 PM

IT WAS HIS UNCLE DICK

JESUS YOURE GONNA MAKE HIM CRY :(

Fathom Zero Nov 8th, 2009 06:44 PM

Even better, he killed himself. And I bet my mum would appreciate it; she was the oldest out of the five of them.

I love your story, dude. I try to live that way, but I think the key is not to try, just let it loose. To have to try and live carefree is to negate its purpose. Then again, I like to think I have a few years ahead of me to learn how to live right, yo.