I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Sam Sep 15th, 2008 01:04 AM

Castle Crashers for the last 3 days. :(

OxBlood Sep 15th, 2008 02:50 AM

Right now Infinite Undiscovery. Gladly, the game picks up on the second disc. As of today, hopefully The force unleashed and maybe Stalker - Clear Sky...apparently it´s more or less playable with two patches :D

Dr. Boogie Sep 15th, 2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 579512)
Pirated games don't come with manuals :(

Then imagine there's a second guy, on your other shoulder, saying "try every button, genius!"

Nick Sep 15th, 2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 579577)
Then imagine there's a second guy, on your other shoulder, saying "try every button, genius!"

If common sense was as common as it name suggests then people would not have to rely on such things.

wobzire Sep 15th, 2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 579577)

And imagine him as the guy with green hair from sim city.

Nick Sep 15th, 2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobzire (Post 579591)
And imagine him as the guy with green hair from sim city.

You mean Dr. Wright, right?

MarioRPG Sep 15th, 2008 08:49 PM

Harvest Moon: Back To Nature because I love the series, and this seems the most like the 64 version.

LordSappington Sep 15th, 2008 10:28 PM

I just got red ring'd, so now I can't play ANYTHING for god knows how long. :(

pac-man Sep 15th, 2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 579691)

Sucky.

Guitar Woman Sep 15th, 2008 11:26 PM

My computer doesn't red ring. :D

Also, ANYTHING?

Don't you at least keep like, a NES or something? I have a habit of keeping interested in games on at least three different consoles, so I have something to fall back on in case one of them breaks.

You could do some work or something instead of wasting time with video games, also. :rolleyes

OxBlood Sep 16th, 2008 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 579700)

Also, ANYTHING?

Don't you at least keep like, a NES or something? I have a habit of keeping interested in games on at least three different consoles, so I have something to fall back on in case one of them breaks.

You could do some work or something instead of wasting time with video games, also. :rolleyes

Thing with me for example is: I plan my evenings. I know what game or games I will play and when something happens to ruin that plan, I´m pissed. No Fallback-Game could really help. If it did, I would be busy till doomsday or something...so many unfinished games...

Nick Sep 16th, 2008 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 579691)

Should take about 2 1/2 weeks after they send you the box.

wobzire Sep 16th, 2008 10:27 AM

I just got the red ring again too. Box is on the way.

Dimnos Sep 16th, 2008 10:51 AM

So you guys are all playing the waiting game huh?

wobzire Sep 16th, 2008 10:53 AM

No, I took my friends x-box in the mean time. His girlfriend moved out and took his TV so he didn't mind.

Dimnos Sep 16th, 2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobzire (Post 579749)
No, I took my friends x-box in the mean time. His girlfriend moved out and took his TV so he didn't mind.

:lol nice

GMS Sep 16th, 2008 01:12 PM

Well right now I'm playing "X-com: UFO Defense". I heard it was a brilliant retro title from various sources and I love strategy so I got a hold of it with much difficulty. It really is amazing to see such a complex and well thought out game engine in an early 90's game. Seriously, they should remake this NOW! The low rez graphics and buzzy sound effects are the only things hurting this game's perfection.

WhiteRat Sep 17th, 2008 05:20 PM

Hitman: Contracts for PS2

bigtimecow Sep 17th, 2008 08:49 PM

spore on and off. am i really the only person who likes this game?

granted i haven't played past the tribal stage, but the creature creation system + creature stage + tribal stage is enough to keep me occupied until at least the new year :/

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 17th, 2008 09:13 PM

Chrono Trigger.

LordSappington Sep 17th, 2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 579700)

Also, ANYTHING?

I've got a SNES and my computer, but for my SNES I only have Mario Kart and Link to the Past, which I've played beyond all belief, so I'm pretty sick of it. I've done about the same thing with my computer games. D:

VaporTrailx1 Sep 17th, 2008 11:36 PM

Right now I'm playing Fallout 2 and Ground Control 2 although I really don't have time right now between work, college, homework, and drinking.

Guitar Woman Sep 17th, 2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

I've done about the same thing with my computer games. D:
http://www.isohunt.com/

Phoenix Gamma Sep 18th, 2008 12:12 AM

Just got to the inverted castle in Symphony of the Night.

Jesus Christ. One castle was big enough.

pac-man Sep 18th, 2008 12:29 AM

Infinite Undiscovery. I'm gonna put this infinite claim to the test.

VaporTrailx1 Sep 18th, 2008 12:54 AM

Symphony of the Night. That's definitely in my top 10, right behind Super Metroid.

Dimnos Sep 18th, 2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 579949)
Just got to the inverted castle in Symphony of the Night.

Jesus Christ. One castle was big enough.

Just think when your done with the inverted castle you get to do it ALL over again as Richter :lol

Emu Sep 18th, 2008 12:33 PM

Richter's is a lot easier IMO. I just wish he got equipment like Alucard does :<

Phoenix Gamma Sep 18th, 2008 12:48 PM

I was like "this'll be easy I have the best equips at my disposal".

I didn't take into account that maybe the enemies would be stronger too. This isn't as fast as I had planned :(

Also, I just downloaded Aladdin for the Super Nintendo. Holy fuck, this game is still fun. It just feels so acrobatic, and pulling off all sorts of crazy leaps and shit is badass. Now I want to watch the movie...

Jeff The Ninja Sep 18th, 2008 03:13 PM

TNA Impact!

God, i suck.

Fathom Zero Sep 18th, 2008 05:40 PM

I'mma go to GameCrazy and pick up another 13 month Gold Live pass as well as some 360 game. Or maybe I'll just get points. Yeah, that's what I think I'll do.

And a mic.

MarioRPG Sep 18th, 2008 08:44 PM

Harvest Moon: Back To Nature

I heard it was like 64 (my first of the series) and had to try it. I'm pretty damn pleased with it. :D

LordSappington Sep 18th, 2008 11:52 PM

I expected SotN to be a lot longer and better. It was still great, but some stuff just got old quick, like constantly being lost.
Also, Max is a useless piece of shit, and xbox should disown him.

VaporTrailx1 Sep 18th, 2008 11:57 PM

lost? it has an automapper.

LordSappington Sep 19th, 2008 12:24 AM

It doesn't tell you where to go, though. Jeez. How was I supposed to know which route I HAD to take to complete the game?

Guitar Woman Sep 19th, 2008 12:33 AM

Generally in Metroid style games there's only one or two paths open, and using them yields an item that lets you open up a blocked path in a previous location. Rinse, repeat, etc. Doesn't SotN also have a linear plot? So, if you're getting cutscenes, you're going the right way.

I'm sort of regretting getting Stalker. It's completely broken as fuck, like THQ just went in halfway through development and went "uh guys we're releasing this now ok"

I was instructed to download and install Oblivion Lost, which apparently fixes a lot of the vanilla release, but all I got was a folder with nonsense files and a readme that pretty much just says "lol now u have to install it"

The AI's really not too bright, either. I holed myself up in a barracks on a military research center and sat adjacent to the door while nearly everyone on the compound obediently shuffled into the room like shooting gallery ducks. There is a neat pile of bodies in the corner.

The game's still pretty fun, but there's a lot of wasted potential, here.

One of my favorite amusements involves stirring up alarm in a moderately sized enemy camp, sprinting away, and then hunting anyone who comes after me like an animal.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 19th, 2008 02:29 AM

If there's a part of the map that isn't blocked off with a white wall, I say "Oh, I haven't explored all of that area yet" and investigate. If there are spots missing on my map, I just try and fill them.

Dimnos Sep 19th, 2008 11:09 AM

I have gone back to playing CoD4 on xbox live.

VaporTrailx1 Sep 19th, 2008 02:08 PM

I have'nt played Xbox live in a while. Have'nt had time. For some reason I'm still paying for it though.

LordSappington Sep 20th, 2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 580251)
If there's a part of the map that isn't blocked off with a white wall, I say "Oh, I haven't explored all of that area yet" and investigate. If there are spots missing on my map, I just try and fill them.

I had a shitload of walls like that that I still couldn't get to, because I didn't have the right tool. Add in terrible memory of which ones I'd tried, and I was very pissed off.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 20th, 2008 12:53 AM

Don't be such a pussy.

Neen Sep 20th, 2008 01:16 AM

At least you get a map.

I think the only reason I beat the original Metroid was by memorizing the general layout of Zero Mission.

pac-man Sep 20th, 2008 01:25 AM

Back in my day we had to walk 20 miles in the snow just to play a video game.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 20th, 2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neen (Post 580470)
At least you get a map.

I think the only reason I beat the original Metroid was by memorizing the general layout of Zero Mission.

What you were supposed to do back then was draw maps, like in the old school RPGs and shit. You get some graph paper and map that shit.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 20th, 2008 02:38 PM

Try Phantasy Star 1 and then I want to hear you complain about SOTN. Not only did I have to draw out elaborate maps, whenever you went into a dungeon it became 1st person. So it you turned left twice you would turn around. ANNOYING! SOTN's map was a godsend for games.

pac-man Sep 20th, 2008 02:49 PM

And saving your game? Bah, humbug! Back in my day we had passwords, dag gummit! Unnecessarily long passwords with hundreds of different symbols!

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 20th, 2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 579996)
Richter's is a lot easier IMO. I just wish he got equipment like Alucard does :<

Richter's a lot faster for beating the game, but have you tried going through the clock tower or beating Galamoth?

Guitar Woman Sep 20th, 2008 04:33 PM

You guys are acting like SotN is the first time a game had a map in the entire history of open ended adventure

Phoenix Gamma Sep 20th, 2008 04:36 PM

There's a giant yellow/green monster thing with a rod that shoots lightning for 66 damage per hit. It hits at least three times, if not six. Even with the Lightning Mail, some attacks still do full damage.

Fuck this boss. Death went down like a little bitch, but I have to use every healing item I have and still can't beat generic Mr. Monster Boss.

EDIT:

Quote:

Try Phantasy Star 1 and then I want to hear you complain about SOTN. Not only did I have to draw out elaborate maps, whenever you went into a dungeon it became 1st person. So it you turned left twice you would turn around. ANNOYING! SOTN's map was a godsend for games.
I'm playing the remastered PSP version. The game wasn't really meant for portable outings, so when I need to put it away, I'll have to put it in sleep mode since the save points are further apart than the DS games. Also, I've played Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2. I know first person RPGs, and there's a reason normal developers stopped making them.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 20th, 2008 04:51 PM

That's Galamoth.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 20th, 2008 08:51 PM

Fuck Galamoth >:(

Neen Sep 20th, 2008 09:30 PM

Thought I'd breeze through a Mega Man game today.... Took a lot more time than I remember.

What the fuck were the programmers thinking with the final fight with Wily in 4? "Okay, so we put the prayer in a dark room, and Dr. Wiry tereports randomry across the room, but ret's make it so they onry has a second to see were the fuck he is. Maybe we have him tereport to were they are standing. Brirriant!"

Guitar Woman Sep 20th, 2008 09:34 PM

Legends is really the only good thing to come out of megaman.

and god damn, was it good.

Neen Sep 20th, 2008 09:38 PM

"Arso, you can't hit him 90% of the time."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 580612)
Legends is really the only good thing to come out of megaman.

and god damn, was it good.

Never played them. I should look into that...

Phoenix Gamma Sep 20th, 2008 10:38 PM

Just try fighting the last boss of Mega Man 7.

I swear, it's impossible unless you abuse save states.

Beat SotN finally. Garamoth or whatever took forever. Longer than Dracula for fuck's sake.

Guitar Woman Sep 20th, 2008 10:43 PM

So is it worth the 50 dollars everyone expects me to pay for it?

I've tried the gameboy advance ones and didn't really like them :<

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 20th, 2008 11:20 PM

We'll likely be subjected to one of your critiques about it, so no.

Guitar Woman Sep 20th, 2008 11:34 PM

As long as I'm not missing anything worthwhile!

LordSappington Sep 21st, 2008 01:33 AM

My 360 just fixed itself.
I'm afraid. 360s are becoming sentient, self-reliable beings!

Guitar Woman Sep 21st, 2008 02:07 AM

TOO BAD THEY STILL AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE SOME GOOD GAMES, LOL

Neen Sep 21st, 2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 580616)

I have, and I have. I'm trying to re-beat all the "classic" series without 'em this time. I skipped 3, because I can't be asked to remember what robot masters from 2 are weak to the weapons of 3. I just can't>:.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 21st, 2008 04:01 PM

it's pretty easy. Metal Man is weak against Magnet Man, shit like that. The only one that sucks is using the Gemini Laser on Quick Man. That weapon's sooooooo sloooooooooow.

Alternatively you can be a man and just beat them with the normal buster.

Cherry Nirvana Sep 21st, 2008 09:06 PM

Today we're playing Super Mario Bros. 3

LordSappington Sep 21st, 2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 580644)
TOO BAD THEY STILL AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE SOME GOOD GAMES, LOL

And the PS3 and wii have...?
Seriously, the best ps3-only game I can think of is MGS4, and for the wii it's pretty much limited to Brawl and those RE games.

Angryhydralisk Sep 22nd, 2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 580616)

Beat SotN finally. Garamoth or whatever took forever. Longer than Dracula for fuck's sake.

Finally? As in, it took you forever? That game is one of the easiest games I've ever played, never mind all the retardedly broken junk in it (Crissaegrim, Ring of Varda, Shield Rod + Alucard Shield). Then again, I've played it to the point where I've beat it in seven hours, 200%, with just fists, spells, and subweapons.

Plus Galamoth is really easy if you get that lightning armlet thing in the upside-down entrance in that stupid room where you actually use the wolf and bat to open it.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 22nd, 2008 02:51 PM

Downloaded Mega Man 9. It's awesome.

Not going to discuss it anymore, because I'd rather go play.

Emu Sep 22nd, 2008 03:05 PM

Pre-ordered Persona 4 today. :shades

timrpgland Sep 22nd, 2008 04:29 PM

Been playing some Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen. Definitely an awesome remake of an old favorite.

I guess it's basically the PS remake with a translation. Finishing chapter 2 so not very far yet. Only thing it does with the DS functionality is use both screens. No stylus. Glad about that.

pac-man Sep 22nd, 2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 580999)
Downloaded Mega Man 9. It's awesome.

Not going to discuss it anymore, because I'd rather go play.

It's not on XBLA yet :(

Emu Sep 22nd, 2008 07:01 PM

Also I'm working my way through Persona 2 again. I kind of lost interest in it after I picked up Digital Devil Saga but now that that's out of the way I can sit back and go retro.

I <3 it Fathom thx

Fathom Zero Sep 22nd, 2008 07:04 PM

IS NOTHNG, DAHLING

MetalMilitia Sep 22nd, 2008 07:15 PM

I'm still working my way though Uncharted:Drake's Fortune. The jumping puzzles are decent but I find jumping puzzles are only ever as good as a game's control system. Luckily Uncharted's is about the best I've ever used but occasionally it still breaks and causes some major frustrations.
The game also has a weird difficult curve. One minute you're fighting a few poorly armed guys and the next you're in some giant open area fighting a shit load of heavily armed guys that get re-enforced a few times during the fight. This also leads to some frustrating gameplay.
Decent game overall though.

Sam Sep 22nd, 2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 581005)
Pre-ordered Persona 4 today. :shades

I need to go do that too. :(

Phoenix Gamma Sep 24th, 2008 12:57 AM

Mega Man 9. Also, Kirby Super Star Ultra for the DS is pretty sick. Too bad I plowed through 45% in one sitting :(

bigtimecow Sep 24th, 2008 08:03 AM

just got lego batman yesterday. a bit more complicated then lego indiana jones, but still very fun

only real complaint is that all these different suits seem to have nothing with the batman universe. maybe someone can educate me though? here are some suits i question (so far):

robin's technology suit (allows him to use technology like drive an rc car! how cute)
robin's magnet suit (it lets him walk on magnetic surfaces! how useful)
batman's bomb suit (allows him to plant bombs! yeah!)

>:

Guitar Woman Sep 24th, 2008 10:31 AM

Finally got Condemned in full.

It's fucking fantastic. I thought the demo was ok, but the rest of the game is a million times more awesome.

And further proof that Bioshock contains no originality whatsoever.

Guitar Woman Sep 25th, 2008 01:22 AM

Ok, so Condemned has taken a trip to shittytown since I got to the school.

A minor complaint is how difficult to swallow everything's getting. I was like, "uh, what the fuck?" when the malnourished J-Horror kids in the subway station started crawling around on the ceiling. This sort of stuff belongs more in a Silent Hill game where supernatural shit is commonplace, but ok, I can dig it. Then in the school, I found myself face to face with a fat lunchlady wielding a meat cleaver and garbed in a blood-stained apron. It's ok, though, since it's an obvious homage to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and a classic horror element. What would drive someone to partake in such a dramatic display of psychoticness is beyond me, especially when everyone else has just been staggering around hitting me with pipes and shit. But I decided, "let's just go with the flow, here."

The big "fuck you" moment came when I was MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED to an alternate version of the empty pool I was tromping through, and while I'd be fine with that if they were going to implement more hallucinogenic mindfuckery like the furniture flying down the hall at that one part or your lab buddy crawling after you with a conduit, I actually have to fight this time, and the game starts spamming those J-Horror guys I mentioned earlier in waves of 5, unarmed.

In this game, unarmed enemies are about 20 times more dangerous than any number of bloody crazies with fire axes trying to lop off your head, since they can grab on to you and sap your health while holding you immobile. It's not that difficult to escape, but when there are three of the fuckers waiting for their turn at your throat after the current one gets shaken off, the situation is fucking retarded impossible to get away from. They latch on to you DIRECTLY after you shake free, too, and to make things even more ridiculous your vision is seriously impaired for a second after you escape. Also, they're about twice as fast as you, and the sprint meter runs out even fucking faster than the Spy's cloak in TF2, and recharges in the same amount of time. The super taser kills them in one shot, I think, but that thing also takes forever to recharge.

I absolutely cannot beat this part, even with a gun. There is difficulty in games: Mario Strikers Charged (against real people, of course. Anyone who can defeat the computer with regularity is a fucking alien), Gunstar Heroes, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry 3. And then there's shit like this, that is just fucking not fair.

>:

Dr. Boogie Sep 25th, 2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 581678)
Ok, so Condemned has taken a trip to shittytown since I got to the school.

Honestly, who saw the post directly before this one, and didn't expect this followup?

Edit: Anyway, I remember the scene in the pool you're talking about. I just remember using a combination of the taser and some weapon that did the most damage to just plow through those a-holes.

Zomboid Sep 25th, 2008 01:35 PM

I wish we could just ban gw from the gaming forum entirely. Or all the forums. Either way.

MetalMilitia Sep 25th, 2008 01:36 PM

Seconded. Guitar Woman is the worst person when it comes to gaming (also everything).

Phoenix Gamma Sep 25th, 2008 02:06 PM

The rant is funnier to read if you read it in Gilbert Godfried's voice.

Almost done with Kirby Super Star Ultra. The new games they added are kinda neat, like the one where you play as Metaknight and rape everybody.

pac-man Sep 25th, 2008 02:34 PM

Duke Nukem 3D... Hail to the king baby.

Guitar Woman Sep 25th, 2008 06:32 PM

I still like the game, guys, this part is just enraging. I'm still really confused about why all the homeless people decided to turn into deformed spider men or fire-jacket clad juggernauts, but at least I can't complain about lack of enemy variety.

The AI does some pretty cool stuff, also. I especially like how if you block too soon they'll hold off swinging, and how they hide around corners waiting for you.

Dr. Boogie Sep 25th, 2008 08:06 PM

Don't expect any answers about the glut of homeless psychoes in the city. They always planned for Condemned to be a trilogy, and they put most of the explanations in the second game.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 25th, 2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 581875)
I still like the game, guys, this part is just enraging. I'm still really confused about why all the homeless people decided to turn into deformed spider men or fire-jacket clad juggernauts, but at least I can't complain about lack of enemy variety.

The AI does some pretty cool stuff, also. I especially like how if you block too soon they'll hold off swinging, and how they hide around corners waiting for you.

I beat it lol.

Guitar Woman Sep 25th, 2008 10:48 PM

I just finished it.

Sort of short, but really good!

I thought you had to turn off all the lights in the house to move forward at the part about "dark paths" or something, so it got extra creepy later. I want with all my heart to believe the developers set it up like that.

I probably would have been scared more by the part where you fought the serial killer if it hadn't gone grayscale and lasted more than a minute or two. :\

OxBlood Sep 26th, 2008 02:49 AM

I am NOT playing Fallout 3 and that is the problem here. Instead I play Warhammer Online and maybe I´ll go and get the Colonization-Addon for CIV4...Colonization was excellent. Good times.

Guitar Woman Sep 26th, 2008 02:46 PM

I can't believe Bethesda took modding functionality away from Fallout 3.

Chojin Sep 26th, 2008 02:57 PM

Maybe it'll be an incentive for their team to not dick up the game in the first place. Also, i can't play oblivion without 600+ extra megs of mods latched on, because I've been spoiled by how much better they make the game. A blessing in disguise, I guess?

Also, i hated condemned and only finished the first two levels.

Dimnos Sep 26th, 2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 582143)
I can't believe Bethesda took modding functionality away from Fallout 3.

Awww... Modding was why i reserved it on computer. >:

Nick Sep 26th, 2008 07:47 PM

They took modding away, so fruitcakes would stop making nude mods. Seriously guys, no one want's to see Orc dicks.

Guitar Woman Sep 26th, 2008 09:06 PM

There's a non nude version of Better Bodies if you're too much of a wuss to handle huge green cocks, you know.

Also if they're getting made and downloaded people obviously do want to see orc dicks

use some common sense, here

Fathom Zero Sep 26th, 2008 10:34 PM

Oh shit, the Last Guy is sooooo much fun.

It's like Pacman with zombies and awesome x2.

rizzo Sep 27th, 2008 07:07 PM

I've finally gotten around to playing Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Damn, does it kick ass!:rock

Zomboid Sep 27th, 2008 07:50 PM

Not sure if I should go ahead and spend even more money by getting more points for duke nukem 3d, but it's kinda tempting :(

Sam Sep 27th, 2008 08:06 PM

GET IT

MetalMilitia Sep 27th, 2008 08:20 PM

Just completed CoD2, now I'm back on Medal of Honour: Airborne.

As much as I like WW2 games, all the US patriotism in Airborne is starting to grate on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game but having the characters say lines like "Of course we're going into the trenches - WE'RE AIRBORNE" is lame.

Underrated game though. To this day I find I difficult to think of a better looking game (with the possible exception of Crysis). Fun mix of realism and arcadeyness too.

Guitar Woman Sep 28th, 2008 06:24 PM

Rayman 2.

I don't know how, but I'm even more horrible at this game than I was when I was 9.

M. Blaze Sep 29th, 2008 11:21 AM

Mega Man 9, Strong Bad Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

I seem to suck even worse at MM9 than I did at the old Mega Man games, I managed to finish MM2 quite easily when I downloaded it for the Wii but 9 is just kicking my ass here. Galaxy Man was easy enough, but after I beat him I haven't really made any progress.

The Strong Bad game is pretty cool, I'm not much of a fan of Homestar Runner (I'm only familiar with Strong Bad's email section) but I always enjoy a decent point and click adventure.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (or Lucifer's Call as it's known over here in Europe), on the other hand, seems like a very good JRPG. I've only been playing for a couple of hours so I can't say that much about the game, but it's definitely much more interesting than SMT: Digital Devil Saga which just bores me into sleep. I'm trying to finish both of these games before Persona 4 comes out in the US, but I'll probably never manage to complete DDS.

OxBlood Sep 30th, 2008 05:08 AM

Great. Instead of October 10th, Fallout is now released on the 28th or something. Meaning there´s another month with NO games for me to play...I hate that, September already took forever to come out with something interesting and now October too?
At first I thought "Ah well, just play Silent Hill 5 until then"... BUT NO! Some retarded inbred idiot thought it would be funny to release it a little later here in Europe...IN FEBUARY!

What is so bad about evenly spreading game-releases...constant coverage is what it´s about. "But nah, we´ll just release everything on October 24-30, that´s a great idea! Nobody will have time to play all the games, so they have to choose one to play. And the younger ones? HA! They won´t even have the money to buy all of those games. We are so brilliant, yes we are!"

How about this:

Fallout, October 1st
Fable 2, October 10th
Dead Space, 20th
Silent Hill, October 31st.

How hard can that be? Everybody´s happy, we all have a decent game-coverage and not this clutted end of the month.

Damn I´m angry, sorry.