I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Grislygus Dec 3rd, 2008 12:42 PM

Oh what, HIS ufo reference gets a thumbs up while my drunken, creepy mixtape track list gets zilch, whatever

Dixie Dec 3rd, 2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 599445)
Oh what, HIS ufo reference gets a thumbs up while my drunken, creepy mixtape track list gets zilch, whatever

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Seriously.

Grislygus Dec 3rd, 2008 12:50 PM

I can't remember :(

Grislygus Dec 3rd, 2008 12:52 PM

I'm a failure

MattJack Dec 3rd, 2008 01:00 PM

i came in here expecting boner hug

i'm sad now

Asila Dec 3rd, 2008 01:03 PM

That was a coupla days ago

MattJack Dec 3rd, 2008 01:04 PM

i'm alwayz a day l8 and a dollar short

Kitsa Dec 3rd, 2008 01:10 PM

I was making custard tarts and rolling leftover dough in my hands and there was this teeny tiny metal shaving in it.

I've already baked a batch of tart shells and now I'm paranoid, I don't know if I found the only bit of metal or if there are more. I didn't -see- any others but now I'm freaking out.

And was it from the store-bought dough or the cutters I used?

:(

MarioRPG Dec 3rd, 2008 01:24 PM

Remember that curb your enthusiasm with the boner hug? That's one of the two episodes I've seen.

Dixie Dec 3rd, 2008 01:26 PM

Curb Your Enthusiasm is a great show...

Colonel Flagg Dec 3rd, 2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 599456)
I was making custard tarts and rolling leftover dough in my hands and there was this teeny tiny metal shaving in it.

WHO CARES, FILE A LAWSUIT! WIN BUCKETS OF DOUGH! PAIN AND SUFFERING AND EMOTIONAL TRAUMA! :domo

Srsly, can you take a photo to scale? I might be able to ease your mind if I can see what we're chatting about. :)

Kitsa Dec 3rd, 2008 01:38 PM

I tossed it :(

It looked like a small curl of metal. I was afraid it might have come off one of the cookie-cutters I was using.

I'm OCD and once I get it in my head to worry about stuff like this I can't stop.

Grislygus Dec 3rd, 2008 01:39 PM

found it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 596182)
THE OFFICIL GRISLYGUS ROMANTIC MIX TAPRE TRACK LIST NOT FOR PUSSY ASS FAGGOTS
SHOW THE WOMAN OF THE LIFE YOU LOVE HER THROUGHT CREEPY LYRICS

1. ROCK BOTTOM-
UFO
2. MAGIC POTION- THE OPEN MIND
3. EVIL WOMAN- BLACK SABBATH (ozzy only!!!)
4. I AM THE HUNTER- SHADOWS OF KNIGHT
5. PROWLER- iRON mAIDEN
6. WHISKEY BAR- THE DOORS
7. ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER- HENDRIX

thassa piecart, that is

Colonel Flagg Dec 3rd, 2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 599471)
I tossed it :(

It looked like a small curl of metal. I was afraid it might have come off one of the cookie-cutters I was using.

SUE THE COOKIE CUTTER COMPANY!!! :p

I'm guessing it was about 1-2mm in length; IMO, the cookie cutters are an unlikely source for a curly shard of metal (most likely aluminum - steel would be much harder to cut). Were you using dough from a tube or a tin? Metallic fragments can be generated from opening an end of the tube (usually sealed with a soft metal slug) or from either end of the tin (usually aluminum). Could the "metal" actually be a piece of the metalized paper used as the body of the tin?

In any event, all food products have to be GRAS per the 23 CFR 175 blah blah blah (I forget the exact reference, can look it up if needed). In all likliehood the piece is too small to engender any type of reaction upon accidental ingestion. If it did then the individual so affected would probably have many other allergic reactions as well.

Bottom line - don't worry about it.

Kitsa Dec 3rd, 2008 02:21 PM

:)

It was prerolled, but not in an aluminum lined tube. It was in a plastic sleeve in a cardboard box.

I'm -hoping- that was the only metal curl in the batch. I inspected the rest closely and didn't see a hint of metal or any darkness in the dough.

RaNkeri Dec 3rd, 2008 02:27 PM

Shower

Dixie Dec 3rd, 2008 02:28 PM

Add ACDC's Night Prowler that Gus ;)
A good selection though!

I don't know what to say about metal shavings in dough, but you can send all your baked goods to me and I'll test them for you. :)

Kitsa Dec 3rd, 2008 02:31 PM

lol

I think it was probably just a freak thing, the rest looked fine, I checked everything (and when I check things, I check them well)

Colonel Flagg Dec 3rd, 2008 02:36 PM

So, no lawsuit? :(

RaNkeri Dec 3rd, 2008 02:47 PM

man, what's with the shitty threads these days? >:

Grislygus Dec 3rd, 2008 02:48 PM

Since when have there not been shitty threads

executioneer Dec 3rd, 2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 599403)
:lol

She's pretty good; it took me nearly a month to piss people off this much. :\

(sorry for the off-topic response :( )

i'm not pissed i'm just trying to convince her to post elsewhere! this message board is not for kids :eek :eek

Dixie Dec 3rd, 2008 02:59 PM

So when do we get to unmask Sparkelz?
There's no way she can be real.

Crimson Ghost Dec 3rd, 2008 03:13 PM

Robot?

Colonel Flagg Dec 3rd, 2008 03:14 PM

She met the love of her life on-line 2 years ago, and she's 15. 'nuff said.