I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

timrpgland Mar 8th, 2008 11:50 AM

Been playing The Witcher finally. I've heard mixed feelings about it but I'm liking it.

Dr. Boogie Mar 10th, 2008 12:05 PM

Finished Stranglehold over the weekend. A fun Max Payne-style game with enough variation to keep it from being totally derivative, but a little too short to justify the $60 price tag.

argonath Mar 10th, 2008 12:23 PM

Picked up Guitar Hero III and SSSB over the weekend. Not a lot of time to play either of them, but they're there when I'm ready, dammit.

WhiteRat Mar 10th, 2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 537279)
Finished Stranglehold over the weekend. A fun Max Payne-style game with enough variation to keep it from being totally derivative, but a little too short to justify the $60 price tag.

I've been trying to finish this game for about 5 months now but every time I play it I get bored and quit after 5 minutes.

MetalMilitia Mar 10th, 2008 07:40 PM

Yeah same. In the end I deleted it because it was taking up about 12GB of space on my hard drive.
The combat just isn't as fun as other third-person-slowmotion-em-ups.

Karmapolice Mar 13th, 2008 09:04 PM

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars under Sabayon Linux

theaccidentalmimo Mar 14th, 2008 05:47 PM

Wild Arms III, because it was 5 bucks. And strangly enough, I like it better than the Final Fantasy I paid 17 for.

BurntToShreds Mar 14th, 2008 07:19 PM

I've been switching between Army of Two and Smash Bros. Brawl. If you wanna play Army of Two, Send me a friend request. My Gamertag is KingOfHell.

Karmapolice Mar 14th, 2008 09:00 PM

I'm gonna get it tomorrow. If you want to add me my tag is elgie :rock

stitchfan626 Mar 16th, 2008 09:39 PM

super smash bros. brawl. the one thing i'm getting a kick out of in this game is the stage builder mode. i already made a couple of stages (some examples include the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and a partially crude adaptation of the first Pit from Mortal Kombat 1.)

OxBlood Mar 17th, 2008 04:45 AM

Just finished Persona 3, now playing Odin Sphere (both games just came out some weeks ago here).

Waiting for Condemned 2.

Dr. Boogie Mar 17th, 2008 12:25 PM

Finished Condemned II over the weekend. All in all, an improvement over the original, but they use darkness way too much in that game.

I didn't think they could have the game in Germany because of there being people on fire (and also mutilations and body modifications, but mostly the flaming guy)?

MetalMilitia Mar 17th, 2008 01:02 PM

Yeah when I played the first game on PC I had to have my monitor set to "super-brighto-cheat-mode" in order to see what the hell was going on. I can see why they do it but it gets annoying pretty fast.

RaNkeri Mar 17th, 2008 02:15 PM

Aggressive Alpine Skiing :(

Dr. Boogie Mar 17th, 2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 539233)
Yeah when I played the first game on PC I had to have my monitor set to "super-brighto-cheat-mode" in order to see what the hell was going on. I can see why they do it but it gets annoying pretty fast.

They actually do this the worst in the very first level. In the last half of the level, you'll be fighting all-black creatures against an all-black background. I could feel myself getting eye strain.

Thankfully, they never do it that bad again. Well, almost in one level, but that's it.

Chojin Mar 17th, 2008 09:37 PM

I thought the first condemned was cripplingly boring, and it doesn't sound like adding doom 3 elements to it would help much ;<

I played a bit of stranglehold on the 360 - great graphics and a lot of things are executed well but the controls are downright terrible. and unfortunately the torrent I got for PC requires dual-layer DVDs ;<

Smash bros is a good game but mostly more of the same and the online is a joke.

Still playing strikers ;<

installed oblivion again, spent an entire day loading it up with mods, and then got bored of it the day after.

pretty bored of fiesta ;M

looking forward to mario kart and wii fit, and moreso on the latter. I've already been on a diet and exercising for the past two months, but I think it'll be fun. that company that's making the brain-control game also seems interesting :o

Karmapolice Mar 17th, 2008 11:34 PM

OpenArena - a free open-sourceQuake 3 clone

but before that i played Army of Two. The coop part is great but the game itself is way too short. I just bought it last Saturday, played it for more or less an hour everyday and now I'm on the last mission of the game. The online feature is lacking. I wish you could join somebody's single player game and vice versa just like in Crackdown.

executioneer Mar 17th, 2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 539478)
I played a bit of stranglehold on the 360 - great graphics and a lot of things are executed well but the controls are downright terrible. and unfortunately the torrent I got for PC requires dual-layer DVDs ;<

does daemontools/whatever not properly emulate dual layer or does it just not let you run it from a mounted image

OxBlood Mar 18th, 2008 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 539224)
Finished Condemned II over the weekend. All in all, an improvement over the original, but they use darkness way too much in that game.

I didn't think they could have the game in Germany because of there being people on fire (and also mutilations and body modifications, but mostly the flaming guy)?

Actually, the first one IS confiscated here, so I guess the second one will be too. But luckily, we have Austria and the UK around, so we poor german gamers (living in Carebear-Country as it seems), can still get our hands on it.

Strangely though, the guys who watch over violent media and give out the ratings, confiscated (forbidden to be sold in germany) Condemned 1 and Dead Rising, but gave Assassinīs Creed a 16-Rating, which would be your "Teen" if Iīm not mistaken. Assassinīs Creed of all things.

Dr. Boogie Mar 18th, 2008 12:22 PM

To be fair, Assassin's Creed is so boring that you're likely to miss all the violence because you're struggling to stay awake.

Guitar Woman Mar 18th, 2008 05:26 PM

I love Assassin's Creed :(

Guitar Woman Mar 18th, 2008 05:28 PM

admittedly part of the reason is for how broken it is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k4zC9i0Vt0o&feature=related

Shyandquietguy Mar 18th, 2008 10:09 PM

I have been playing Dungeon Keeper 2 for a while now. Keep truckin', I know I will. And I mean that last line in the term of "I am stuck in a closed campus dorm."

Redem Mar 18th, 2008 10:10 PM

Well got myself San Andreas recently mainly cause my comp getting old and I'm cheap

OxBlood Mar 19th, 2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 539709)
To be fair, Assassin's Creed is so boring that you're likely to miss all the violence because you're struggling to stay awake.

But it´s a good example of how random our Rating-Guys are. The game IS pretty violent and murder IS the point of the whole thing after all. And thats normally their point. "Blah blah, violence should never be the point of the thing, blah blah bunnies and candy don´t kill people, let´s ban everything else, yadda yadda." Desperately trying to protect the youth, ignoring all other reasons for violent or problematic behaviour...*sighs* Which is okay with me, as long as I as an adult person am not...*thinks of a word*...paternalised? Which is sadly exactly what´s happening here.