I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why don't we have an IRC channel? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702759)

Wiffles Aug 16th, 2009 08:50 PM

Why don't we have an IRC channel?

I was wondering why We dont have one. Is it just not fashionable to have one? after all it is the 80's client of choice ^^

Dixie Aug 21st, 2009 11:27 PM

shut the fuck up, that's why

Wiffles Aug 22nd, 2009 12:13 AM

kk ;__;

Esuohlim Aug 22nd, 2009 12:39 AM

I edited the title of this thread to fix the intentional and obnoxious grammatical errors

Sam Aug 22nd, 2009 12:50 AM

YOU TWAT

Esuohlim Aug 22nd, 2009 02:36 AM

@@@~~||**~~<(O_o);>~~**||~~@@@

Sam Aug 22nd, 2009 02:39 AM

USE YOUR MILHOUSE POWERS AND MAKE IT SO I CAN BE MIFFLES AGAIN >:

Esuohlim Aug 22nd, 2009 02:48 AM

MIFFLES ISN'T EVEN ON THE BAN LIST :rolleyes

Spoilers!

Wiffles Aug 22nd, 2009 03:08 AM

Erm, dont give him any ideas. >_> Enough about MIFFLES. This is a topic about a potential IRC for I-mockery =x

Sam Aug 22nd, 2009 03:09 AM

FUUUUUUUCK

Wiffles Aug 22nd, 2009 03:51 AM

whats the matter, lost the password or something .A.

Sacks Feb 11th, 2010 03:47 PM

Why don't you just start one and tell people about it?

kahljorn Feb 16th, 2010 06:48 AM

ILL JOIN IT AND THEN ILL GET MODERATOR POWERS AND MAKE MYSELF IMMUNE To BANNINg AND UNIMMUNIZE EVERYONE ELSE THEN ILL BAN EVERYONE

SO DONT EVEN TRY

Guitar Woman Feb 16th, 2010 08:25 PM

Probably because there are about 30 cool people on this site and about 39082348907209873459087 faggots who would come on and fuck it up, or idle in the channel and make it cluttered, or hop on hoping to talk to Rog the ONE TRUE GOD and bombard him with stupid questions even if he wasn't there, was AFK, was busy sorting out site-related mishaps with The Boogie, whatever. See GameDamage's first three months or so cluttered with mongoloids hungry for Yahtzee's cock for a good example of this.

Plus, there's the whole thing where we'd need dedicated Ops and Sub Ops to cater to people coming in and whining about being banned, and people banned from the IRC would make threads on the forum about it along the same lines. And if any of the people willing to monitor the IRC constantly weren't mods already they'd probably have to be screened and groomed before they'd be trusted, and a bunch of other boring administrative shit, right.

We have a chatroom thread for general rabblerousing, anyway, and except for me retards mostly stay away from or are shooed out of it. Plus, with everyone using IRC instead of the forums, what little traffic the non-site discussion boards get these days would simply cease to be.

So, that's why there's no I-Mockery IRC, because it'd be a pain in the ass and kill the forums. Probably.

I think vBulletin does have a Shoutbox mod available, if anyone wants to look into that. But I would dominate it with Twitter-esque updates on mundane shit that I am currently doing and stupid chan pictures. It would be an ugly thing, loathed by all the world and viewed as an intellectual septic tank. Not to mention all the other people who would post in it.

On the plus side, IRC supports Artificial Intelligence. 420chan has one bot on the imageboard and one in the IRC channel, and they both absorb what people say and regurgitate the words they've learned into something resembling a coherent sentence. It's pretty entertaining, especially when you're completely tripping balls and can't remember who's a person and who's a computer. Ours could be MockBot, even!

Sacks Feb 17th, 2010 10:02 PM

I used to hang out on a few channels and I've been missing it. As long as it's not widely advertised I doubt we'd get too many douchebags.

Sacks Feb 17th, 2010 11:01 PM

I just made #iMockery on Rizon.

Sacks Feb 18th, 2010 07:21 PM

You guys suck at this game.

Tadao Feb 18th, 2010 11:45 PM

what's irc?

Sacks Feb 18th, 2010 11:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Mh115sj4w

This video should explain everything.

http://www.mirc.com/

Tadao Feb 18th, 2010 11:51 PM

Is it like ICQ but with video?

Sacks Feb 19th, 2010 12:08 AM

It's Internet Relay Chat. It's a completely old school chatroom client where people can get on and roleplay being melting candles or ottomans for their favorite celebrities or something and illegally share files. Now though, technology has progressed beyond the point where we need to rely on IRC for piracy and it's just complicated enough for the average fetishist to not want to bother with it. We are going to use it to call each other mean names 24/7.

Edit:

Tadao Feb 19th, 2010 12:46 AM

OH! It's what Danny uses to send me "pictures"!

Sam Feb 19th, 2010 09:45 PM

I send all my mean names to people via AIM and PM :\

kahljorn Feb 22nd, 2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

ILL JOIN IT AND THEN ILL GET MODERATOR POWERS AND MAKE MYSELF IMMUNE To BANNINg AND UNIMMUNIZE EVERYONE ELSE THEN ILL BAN EVERYONE

SO DONT EVEN TRY
THIS WAS THE BEST THING ABOUT IRC THERE WERE LIKE CHAT ROOM WARS WHERE YOU COULD EventUALLY TAKE OvEr PEOPLes cHAt ROOms BAN thEM AND PUT UP MESsGES IN THEIR OWN CHAT ROOM ABOUt WHAT FAGGOtS thEY ARE

Sacks Feb 23rd, 2010 07:28 AM

It's cool you guys I didn't need you around anyway. I don't need anyone! >: