I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   dead Whitney (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708444)

mburbank Feb 12th, 2012 06:20 PM

dead Whitney

Okay, if I posted this on Facebook I would be totally pilloried, but I never liked Whitney Houston, not once even for an instant, and I think she was just one more dim a dozen diva, orver emoting songs until any dignity they might once have had was squeezed out into puddles of liquid sugar staining the carpet under her feet.

Of course I think it's sad she self destructed, it's sad when anyone self destructs, but my my daughter and I are watching the grammies right now, and it's like they are covering the fucking Kennedy assassination.

When Amy Winehouse kicked it, I actually felt something because I looked forward to music she would have made. Did anybody need to hear yet another Whitney balled that was not only exactly like all her other ballads, but just the damn same as a Celine balled or a Mariah ballad or any of the other post Streisand bellowers who'll come down the pipe doing the same dan thing in the next half dozen years?

Jesus! have some friggin' perspective!

kahljorn Feb 12th, 2012 07:10 PM

i thought this thread was about cereal :O

mburbank Feb 12th, 2012 07:45 PM

If this was a drinking game and I had to take a shot every time someone Ryan Seacrest asked someone how they'd been affected by Whitney's death, I would have been dead myself more than an hour ago.

Colonel Flagg Feb 12th, 2012 09:08 PM

It's tragic that any person dies at such young age, but, as I said in the other thread, she most likely did it to herself. When the autopsy comes back, I'll bet the cause of death will be deemed a heart attack brought on by drug abuse.

Zhukov Feb 13th, 2012 12:13 AM

While dying in your late 40s is slightly 'early' compared to the average human these days, I think it's still too old (sorry people in your 40s) to be considered young.

Once you reach your 40s I think you are officially past the point of dying young.

Colonel Flagg Feb 13th, 2012 04:22 AM

I'm nearly 52, and my youngest child is 3. I wouldn't have liked to check out before he was born.

Zhukov Feb 13th, 2012 05:51 AM

Well, I didn't say that dying still wasn't a reasonably bad thing to happen to someone.

Colonel Flagg Feb 13th, 2012 09:20 AM

Still, I'd consider 52 young. Next year, it will be 53. :o

Maybe I'm confusing "young" with "childish".

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 13th, 2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 754762)
It's tragic that any person dies at such young age, but, as I said in the other thread, she most likely did it to herself. When the autopsy comes back, I'll bet the cause of death will be deemed a heart attack brought on by drug abuse.

I thought I heard this morning they found her in the bath tub. We'll have to wait to see if the toast was done though.

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2012 09:42 AM

It was one of those things that I had no surprised reaction to whatsoever. More like, "Well, yeah."

Then I thought that maybe crack was even wacker than originally supposed.

Then I shrugged and got on with my life.

Colonel Flagg Feb 13th, 2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 754786)
I thought I heard this morning they found her in the bath tub. We'll have to wait to see if the toast was done though.

Yes, I'm hearing the same thing. I also heard that there was evidence of prescription medications in abundance. My guess is that we'll keep guessing until the coroner has their say.

w/e

Tadao Feb 13th, 2012 01:43 PM

dead whitney houston suddenly

Esuohlim Feb 13th, 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 754756)
i thought this thread was about cereal :O

I thought at first it said "dead whitey" :eek

Evil Robot II Feb 13th, 2012 05:03 PM

Whitey huston died of micheal jacksons disease

Zhukov Feb 13th, 2012 08:24 PM

So being rich and crazy? Yeah.

I stand by my argument that 'dying young' stops being possible once you hit 30. After that, it's just 'dying'. This could be just because I'm still in my mids 20s.

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 754824)
So being rich and crazy? Yeah.

This could be just because I'm still in my mids 20s.

Yep.

Evil Robot II Feb 14th, 2012 12:10 AM

NO Micheal jackson s disease means she was killed by the CIA. Duh.

Esuohlim Feb 14th, 2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 754824)
I stand by my argument that 'dying young' stops being possible once you hit 30. After that, it's just 'dying'. This could be just because I'm still in my mids 20s.

ONCE YOU LIVE LONGER THAN JAMES DEAN YOU NO LONGER DIE YOUNG.

SINCE THAT IS EXACTLY 9000 DAYS, I, FOR EXAMPLE, HAVE A 99 DAY WINDOW WHERE I CAN STILL DIE YOUNG.

After that I will become a drain on society and outlive my usefulness.

Mad Melvin Feb 14th, 2012 08:16 AM

Houston, you have a problem.

Death.

Just came up with that one. You can use it as you please, as long as you give me credit for it. Guaranteed laughs.

mburbank Feb 14th, 2012 08:21 AM

She has joined the long list of celebrity's found dead and naked in the bathroom.

Esuohlim Feb 14th, 2012 04:48 PM

Who would've thought that Whitney Houston would be the one who beat Bobby Brown to death :eek

Emu Feb 14th, 2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 754853)
Who would've thought that Whitney Houston would be the one who beat Bobby Brown to death :eek

god damn

Tadao Feb 14th, 2012 10:58 PM

:lol

Kitsa Feb 15th, 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 754853)

If we still had the pickle system, you'd have gotten a pickle for that.

Evil Robot II Feb 17th, 2012 01:11 PM

I once got into a fight with whitney about 6 months ago. We were zootin some base when the screen in the stem finally fell out we couldnt find it so she told me to ash my cigarette in the stem, we would use the ashes a screen. Well the first time I forget and used the ashtray she was all like "whats your problem idiot" and I was all like" sorry bitch, geeze" Next thing I know shes all thrashing around with this serated butter knife goin "Ill cut you you dont know me you dont know who you messing with!" Bobby's limo driver was there thankfully he calmed things down and before we knew we were using the cigarette ashes as a screen for the stem.