I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Nov 14th, 2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas
John-Wayne I think you care too much about other peoples social constructs. and i think you might perpetuate them by giving them attention. and i think you must be very lonely and probably envy them for their synthetic fraternity because you realize deep down that superficial friendship might be more rewarding than your total lack of social skills. and this causes you to think that youre better than them because you have some kind of integrity that they dont but that doesnt help you in your lonely nights. i guess thats why you come to i-mockery. i guess its why we all come to i-mockery.

Pub Lover Nov 14th, 2006 09:32 PM

More people should tell Jixby Phillips he is great.

Not me, I don't get on with him, but the rest of you & such.

Fathom Zero Nov 14th, 2006 09:51 PM

Jixby Phillips is great. For serious.

Sam Nov 15th, 2006 01:57 AM

"I LOVE JIXBY PHILLIPS!"

Supafly345 Nov 15th, 2006 04:48 AM

Children need encouragement, so if a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way, he develops a good, lucky feeling.

thebiggameover Nov 15th, 2006 05:18 AM

Jixby fucked with me two years ago, and i will never forget that. so fuck jixby.... :angry

MetalMilitia Nov 15th, 2006 01:25 PM

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2006 11:42 AM

NZ wants to host the Rugby World Cup in a few years & we need a new stadium to do it, but everyone is being a big cock about where to put it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [url=http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3863465a10,00.html
Kiwi News[/url]]Straight out of left field, children's book author Jonathan Gunson has a new solution to the Auckland stadium row – a "waka stadium" of Eiffel Tower proportions.

Sydney had the Opera House, the United States its Statue of Liberty and France its Eiffel Tower – and New Zealand should take the opportunity to create its own internationally recognised icon, Gunson said yesterday.

"Here's a chance to do something unique and put us on the map . . . we'd get non-stop coverage."

Gunson, whose grandfather Sir James Gunson was Auckland mayor for a decade till 1925, is the author of the Buzzy Bee children's book series.

He came up with the "waka" concept and posted it on his Alchemy Publishing website in the hope of stimulating debate and attracting Sports Minister Trevor Mallard's attention.

"He looked at it and liked it but said, 'Imagine the cost,' " Gunson said.

He is unconcerned whether his design or another of similarly epic proportions is built, saying he cares only that the waterfront site is not wasted on "a box to house 60,000 people".

"If they're just going to ram something in there, I'd rather they did it at Eden Park."

When New Zealand won the America's Cup, Gunson said, he realised the country could do anything.

His concept, which would need to be redesigned by an architect to make it "do-able", includes underwater-lit oars stretching from the stadium top to the seabed, parks at both ends of the oval and a 290-metre-high prow with copper inlay Maori artwork.

Auckland's Sky Tower, the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere, is 328 metres high.

I've read a dozen articles about this stupid topic recently, it's the last line that makes this one special.

Jon Gunson says the new stadium should be a world landmark rather than just another shitty box, and with a landmark people might give a damn about Auckland.

What the last line says to me is "Dude, we have a landmark!" Where? "The Sky Tower!" But that's shit. "Dude! ;'("

:pubtinmowler

MarioRPG Nov 16th, 2006 12:15 PM

Didja here they are going to cut Anne Frank's tree down? DIDJA?!?!

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2006 12:33 PM

In the end, the Nazi's always win! :eek

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2006 12:38 PM

:lol

Wait! That was a joke, right? The joys of reading Fartin.

MetalMilitia Nov 16th, 2006 01:05 PM

I think my favourite joke in the whole of Arrested Development is when Michael suspects George Michael is hiding his girlfriend Ann in the attic so he asks Lindsay and she says "who from, the nazis?".

Also I was just on AD's IMDB page and Tobias (David Cross) did the voice of a marine in HALO2 :eek

executioneer Nov 16th, 2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover
NZ wants to host the Rugby World Cup in a few years & we need a new stadium to do it, but everyone is being a big cock about where to put it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [url=http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3863465a10,00.html
Kiwi News[/url]]Straight out of left field, children's book author Jonathan Gunson has a new solution to the Auckland stadium row – a "waka stadium" of Eiffel Tower proportions.

Sydney had the Opera House, the United States its Statue of Liberty and France its Eiffel Tower – and New Zealand should take the opportunity to create its own internationally recognised icon, Gunson said yesterday.

"Here's a chance to do something unique and put us on the map . . . we'd get non-stop coverage."

Gunson, whose grandfather Sir James Gunson was Auckland mayor for a decade till 1925, is the author of the Buzzy Bee children's book series.

He came up with the "waka" concept and posted it on his Alchemy Publishing website in the hope of stimulating debate and attracting Sports Minister Trevor Mallard's attention.

"He looked at it and liked it but said, 'Imagine the cost,' " Gunson said.

He is unconcerned whether his design or another of similarly epic proportions is built, saying he cares only that the waterfront site is not wasted on "a box to house 60,000 people".

"If they're just going to ram something in there, I'd rather they did it at Eden Park."

When New Zealand won the America's Cup, Gunson said, he realised the country could do anything.

His concept, which would need to be redesigned by an architect to make it "do-able", includes underwater-lit oars stretching from the stadium top to the seabed, parks at both ends of the oval and a 290-metre-high prow with copper inlay Maori artwork.

Auckland's Sky Tower, the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere, is 328 metres high.

I've read a dozen articles about this stupid topic recently, it's the last line that makes this one special.

Jon Gunson says the new stadium should be a world landmark rather than just another shitty box, and with a landmark people might give a damn about Auckland.

What the last line says to me is "Dude, we have a landmark!" Where? "The Sky Tower!" But that's shit. "Dude! ;'("

:pubtinmowler

they should just build it on the hill they had meduseld on :x

Pub Lover Nov 16th, 2006 02:25 PM

Willie! :lol

Every city should build it's best feature a thousand miles away. ;)

executioneer Nov 16th, 2006 02:35 PM

oh right it has to be near auckland woops

executioneer Nov 16th, 2006 02:40 PM

uhhh then Weathertop or Hobbiton i guess

Grislygus Nov 17th, 2006 02:29 PM

I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled the day before thanksgiving. Fack.

executioneer Nov 17th, 2006 02:33 PM

are they hurtin' you something fierce :(

Grislygus Nov 17th, 2006 02:39 PM

They's hurtin something fierce, allright.

Whatever. I'll just stock up on mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

MetalMilitia Nov 17th, 2006 03:16 PM

I think that's wise. I'm not sure if you could safely loose any more wisdom. :p

FartinMowler Nov 17th, 2006 08:03 PM

My birthday fell on Playstation 3 and James Bond, so I took my wife to see James Bond and enjoyed it. I'm drinking my favorite beer Amsterdam nut brown ale and looking at the cool card my mom sent me :)

Esuohlim Nov 21st, 2006 12:20 PM

Best card ever! :love :love :love :metalmilitia

EisigerBiskuit Nov 21st, 2006 12:31 PM

Mmbop

liquidstatik Nov 21st, 2006 06:10 PM

Bop da bop

Emu Nov 21st, 2006 06:18 PM

doo wop