I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

LordSappington Sep 30th, 2011 03:31 AM

I can't think of Dead Island without thinking of that Fist of the Dead Star.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 744650)
Right now I'm playing Space Harrier in the Sega Ages pack for Saturn in between sessions of Breath of Fire 3. Modern gaming bores the piss out of me lately :(

I still need my stupid goo titan sword >:

Played about 4 hours of the Battlefield 3 beta last night. Really like it, just have to get used to the class adjustments. Like the assault drops med packs now. The support throws ammo packs and revives.

The biggest change I really didn't like is how with recon you have to hold your breath with the Left analog stick to steady yourself.

darkvare Sep 30th, 2011 11:23 AM

the retro lancer is here controller added for size comparaison
Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 03:16 PM

They finally released NHL jerseys for XBOX avatars. <3

darkvare Sep 30th, 2011 03:18 PM

is there a jersey from the mighty ducks of anaheim?

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 05:03 PM

I think they're just the the regular Anaheim Ducks logo. They dropped the Mighty off it.

OxBlood Oct 1st, 2011 06:36 AM

I played some Binding of Isaac (Steam) last night. This is one weird game but it´s still pretty good. Kind of a mix of Zelda and a Roguelike. Hard but fun. Sadly there´s no way to reconfigure the controls yet...as a Leftie, I don´t like that.

I also got Soul Calibur 4 the other day since it was cheap and I have been challenged to a fight in that game...so yeah. It´s really strange coming back to a series if you only know the first installment (Soul Blade back in the PS1-Days)...I have no idea where all these people came from and why Lee Long has been replaced with Maxi or whatever the name of the nunchuck-wielder is...at least Mitsurugi and Cervantes are still there...

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2011 11:08 PM

Playing Metal Gear Online after what I think was a 2+ year hiatus. I wonder if my stuff is still there.

Shyandquietguy Oct 2nd, 2011 10:31 PM

I just played Mount and Blade for five hours straight. I'm getting killer with the bow and my highest consecutive difficultly shots have been 6.0. All time 8.1.

k0k0 Oct 2nd, 2011 10:41 PM

Mount and Blade Warband was so much better than Fire and Sword for me. It pissed me off that you couldn't start your own country in Fire and Sword. Anyways, after playing the right way for 90 hours, I maxed out my character with a hex editor and just went rambo on everyone's asses. Not that you need it once you fully level up a whole army, but the goods prices were way too much to feed all those bastards.

Dimnos Oct 3rd, 2011 10:45 PM

Picked up a cheap used copy of alpha protocol. Its a cool game. I dont know what all you bitches were crying about glitches for. Aside from the mass effect thing where it almost always takes a few seconds to load the detail on all the weapons, armor, walls, and such, I haven't seen any. It runs just fine. In fact, probably better than mass effect because it has yet to even lock up on me. Even the story isn't total crap and the conversation system is rather neat.

Different strokes I guess. :\

Dr. Boogie Oct 4th, 2011 12:53 AM

I thought it was a decent game. It was interesting to see how your choices early on would affect things further down the road, and using the intelligence market mechanic to bend the levels to your advantage was neat. It just needed a bit more work with balancing, what with the pistol being the ultimate weapon and everything else being reserved mainly for knobbing around.

Zhukov Oct 4th, 2011 08:15 AM

Started playing Starcraft II since my internet is now fast enough to play online again. I was never amazing, but I was proud of the rank I earned - a few months hiatus means I am now shit compared to the children that I play against.

Tacobot Oct 5th, 2011 07:29 AM

Dark Souls. The open world seems pretty cool so far, i was worried it all look kinda the same but in the six hours i'v played i think they change up the environments quite a bit.
but in a game where a lot of the fun is the exploration i wont spoil any locales i'v seen here.

I also like the some of the other changes they've made so far. Like using estus flask to heal yourself and how you can only refill the flask at the bonfires, but when you use the bonfire it respawns all the enemies in the world. so you have to make from one bonfire to the next with limited healing items. unlike the first one where you could just carry a butt-ton of herbs and just constantly heal yourself, now you have to worry about every little bit of damage you take.

LordSappington Oct 5th, 2011 01:26 PM

I think I'm on the very last bit of Deus Ex, and of course I ran out of goddamn fucking virus programs.

executioneer Oct 5th, 2011 02:31 PM

i'm a lot earlier on in deus ex, but i had loads of fun knocking out cops and stuffing them into ventilation ducts just a bit ago

also i don't see how running out of virus progs is even possible, i have so many of them already

must be a lot of tough hacking later on

k0k0 Oct 5th, 2011 02:43 PM

Hacking does get kind of tough later in the game. I found my dude, even specced as full hacker, failed a couple later ones. And a lot of them that I didn't fail I had to use programs to get past.

Fathom Zero Oct 5th, 2011 03:01 PM

DARK SOULS. PLAYING AS DEPRIVED. KILLED LOTS OF BOSSES AND NOT SO BOSSES. LEVEL 27. 11 HOURS IN.

DIED A BAJILLION TIMES.

THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER.

OxBlood Oct 5th, 2011 07:04 PM

Yup, Dark Souls is awesome. 5hrs into the game, haven´t seen any real Bosses yet (Tutorialboss and Taurus don´t count), making my way up the belltower to Boss I. Oh and I´m playing as a Warrior. The Drakesword is a real blessing, I tell you.

Fathom Zero Oct 5th, 2011 07:19 PM

I missed out on the Drake Sword, coz I just killed the damn thing with 300 arrows.

OxBlood Oct 6th, 2011 03:22 AM

Ow...not good :D. Still, did it drop anything? Special Souls, Cheese-grinder of the ages or something?

Fathom Zero Oct 6th, 2011 05:53 AM

A few thousand regular souls. :( And I used the thing that upgrades your estus flask by mistake. It gives you five humanity, though, so I made sure to use it to upgrade some important bonfires. If I wasn't going to heal for more, I was going to make sure I had more of the damn things.

I'm level 47 now and the latest areas I've unlocked are the one with the ghosts that you can conveniently travel to with the elevator under the initial bonfire and the other is the poisonous town underground, which seems like they recycled a lot from Demon's Souls, but made everything way deadlier. I found both entrances to it - one of them is fairly straightforward in that you unlock the entrance after you beat the boss of the Depths (fucking sewer bugeye things). I actually found the other entrance by just exploring, and you can get to it from the cool Valley of the Drakes. I killed the poisonous dragon and got what he dropped, though - a dragon scale to upgrade the weapon I didn't have. >: Oh well. There's always NEW GAME +.

Nick Oct 6th, 2011 06:26 AM

I'm playing RAGE, it's pretty awesome. id did a great job on it.

Mad Melvin Oct 6th, 2011 01:14 PM

Fallout: New Vegas. Finally got all the DLC's. Finished Honest Hearts. Didn't like it. The Burning Man is a mysterious and eerie character in the main game, and Honest Hearts removed the mystery almost immediately. No build up or nothing. I do not approve of this. When talking about Fallout DLC's, it wasn't as bad as Operation Anchorage or Mothership Zeta, but it was still pretty lame.

Next up, Dead Money.

k0k0 Oct 6th, 2011 01:30 PM

So it's kinda like the story me and my friend's had about 'the dead man', a scary being that sneaks into your house and fucks with you. Then during a sleepover one of the 4 of us wets the bed. Everyone denies doing it, so they blamed it on the dead man. Why the hell would the dead man wet the bed? It turns out it was just one of my asshole friends <--- possibly me, I don't remember.

I guess that's nothing like the burning man, but I just remembered that in my head. Back to video games!