I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Sam May 12th, 2010 06:03 PM

WAITING FOR DIMNOS OR BILL TO STEP UP AND GET TAKEN FOR A RIDE AT SSF4

Dimnos May 12th, 2010 06:13 PM

I still need a day or two to get used to this shit. I havnt played a Street Fighter game after SFII on SNES and I don't want to totally embarrass myself. This weekend should be good. What time are you normally on?

darkvare May 12th, 2010 09:37 PM

just finished lost in nightmares i know a little late but i loved it also i've been going undefeated in ssf4 since i won my first match i even got a perfect on some ibuki dude

OxBlood May 13th, 2010 08:33 AM

Trying Dragon Age again...this time with a Rogue, archer to be precise...much more fun than the boring warrior and his shield-bash-tree of skills...ugh...

DougClayton4231 May 13th, 2010 10:55 AM

Hey! I shield bashed my way to victory :P. I started the Darkness and I'm stuck at the part where the helicopter and the cops rape you at the beginning. Also I restarted Resident Evil 5 and I'm remembering why it sucked so hard and I stopped. Trying Split/Second today.

Fathom Zero May 13th, 2010 12:24 PM

That part can be a little difficult. It's best to avoid the helicopter as best as you can. It's very hard to kill, if you can at all.

Dimnos May 13th, 2010 12:55 PM

Real warriors in Dragon Age use two handed weapons to cleave their foes in twain. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost May 13th, 2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 685407)
I still need a day or two to get used to this shit. I havnt played a Street Fighter game after SFII on SNES and I don't want to totally embarrass myself. This weekend should be good. What time are you normally on?

I got rolled real bad online.

Tadao May 13th, 2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 685402)
Just finished playing Stonekeep. The combat in that game has some unresolved issues, as evidenced by me killing monsters by throwing arrows at them. Not shooting them from a bow; throwing them.

Are you talking about Stonekeep from like 10 years ago? I loved that game.

Dimnos May 13th, 2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 685481)
I got rolled real bad online.

Your not helping my confidence 10k. As I imagine you can kick my ass. :(

DougClayton4231 May 13th, 2010 02:17 PM

Split/Second is aight. That's the best I can say about it. It's an average racing game with good graphics and an explosion gimmick. Is it just me or is The Darkness really fucking hard?

Fathom Zero May 13th, 2010 02:53 PM

Yes. I fucking loved it, though. Reminded me a lot of Max Payne.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 13th, 2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 685484)
Your not helping my confidence 10k. As I imagine you can kick my ass. :(

I saw you playing online the other day but I think you were away. I only know special moves and not combos though so I'm really easy to predict.

Dimnos May 13th, 2010 03:23 PM

Arent all the combos pretty much the quarter circle forward twice and a punch or kick? Replace said punch or kick with the all three punch or kick button for the ultra?

10,000 Volt Ghost May 13th, 2010 03:31 PM

Certain moves and special moves flow into each other as combos though. Like a FP, FP, low HK, MP+MK(cancel) into a Shoryuken.

IF you go through the training segment for each character to learn the moves it will kinda show you which goes into which. My Roommate is really good at them but anytime we get into an agrument he wants to play SF II because he has like a black belt in it.

Dr. Boogie May 13th, 2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 685482)
Are you talking about Stonekeep from like 10 years ago? I loved that game.

The very same. Gog.com had it on sale for $6.

It was half fun, half frustration for me.

Tadao May 13th, 2010 04:20 PM

I only really remember the very beginning and also the part in some watery underground area. When it came out it was blown away by the graphics. :lol

Fathom Zero May 13th, 2010 11:12 PM

My K/D is -234. :(

OxBlood May 14th, 2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 685474)
Also I restarted Resident Evil 5 and I'm remembering why it sucked so hard and I stopped.

The most valuable lesson to learn about Chris Redfieldīs Boulderpunch 2009 is: Never play it alone, it sucks ass in outer space. I think I played through that game about 6 or 7 times but never alone, itīs just not fun that way...

Still liking my bow-elf-dude in Dragon Age, nice to have some skills that do actual damage...problem is: Bowīs donīt have slots and most skills center around backstabbing, which you canīt do with bows...I also didnīt know what additional class to take, so I chose Ranger...maybe those summoned animals can at least draw the enemies attention while I needle them to death with unpoisonable arrorws (another flaw)...ranged weapons seem kinda half-assed...

Zomboid May 14th, 2010 08:27 AM

Yeah, it's dumb to make yourself an archer. You can deck out Lelianna to be a badass archer and she ends up being a really useful support member with stuff like critical shot (or whatever the fuck it's called) and scattershot. With this game, you kinda need to look at your party members and plan your character around them. On my first playthrough, I was a tank, and I kept getting rolled because I didn't have any variety in my team until the end.

MarioRPG May 14th, 2010 09:14 AM

Portal is now free on Steam so I'm picking that up. :)

DougClayton4231 May 14th, 2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 685571)
Portal is now free on Steam so I'm picking that up. :)

Prepare for 2 hours of boredom :lol. I still have no idea why people loved that game, a five year old could figure out those puzzles. Maybe the sequel will be challenging.

I'm almost at the end of RE5 and the AI is hilarious. Sheva refuses to use anything but the pistol (even if it's empty). The enemy AI is so lethargic I thought that the game was broken.

TheCoolinator May 14th, 2010 09:58 AM

PC - Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
And yesterday I was trying out some SegaCD roms. What a great add-on. Wish I had the cash to buy one back in the day.

Dimnos May 14th, 2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 685576)
I'm almost at the end of RE5 and the AI is hilarious. Sheva refuses to use anything but the pistol (even if it's empty). The enemy AI is so lethargic I thought that the game was broken.

I never even gave her a weapon with ammo. She either held the weapons I wasnt using or the ammo for the ones I was. Bitch isnt good for anything other than being a pack mule.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 14th, 2010 10:34 AM

Sheva's decent with the sniper rifle, I gave the the Bow/Arrow and no other weapons when I go it alone. You definitely should play it by yourself though unless you're gathering money for upgrades.

I still need a few achievements in RE5 like lead aspirin. Need to study some movies of Kahljorn playing because I know he's got the RX on RE5. Does anyone else have it?