I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Jun 12th, 2011 11:35 AM

Played a bit InFamous 2, so far really good, feels but 1.5 instead of 2 but I don´t care.

Also got Dante´s Inferno for a few bucks and White Knight Chronicles 2 (which comes with the first one on the disc...nice bonus). I´ve never played the first one but with so few JRPGs this generation, I can´t be too choosy.

Oh and Dragon Quest 6 for my dear old mother, she loves the series for some reason :)

darkvare Jun 12th, 2011 11:58 AM

oh i remember dante's inferno so many cheap deaths

dextire Jun 14th, 2011 12:50 AM

Finally tried out Super Stardust HD. Enjoying it so far.

LordSappington Jun 14th, 2011 04:13 AM

Picked up Alice at midnight, amongst the Duke Nukem neckbeards (more on that in a bit.)
First thing that happens when I take it home: My FUCKING DISC DRIVE IS BROKEN AND WON'T OPEN. It plays the game inside it just fine, but won't let a new one in.
I registered it to get it fixed, and surprise; the warranty expired three years ago. Fucking great. I might just save up and buy a new damn xbox; I've been wanting a new model anyways.

As for the Nukem neckbeards: I was waiting around for midnight, so I could grab Alice. I played the demo of Duke Nukem, which was kind of fun, but way too loud. The place was full of guys who I've never even seen in the Gamestop before; they were all being loud, some of them were very... unhygienic, which is a huge peeve of mine, and were bugging the employees with their fedoras and 'I'M SUCH A COOL BRO' attitude.
What really took the cake was when midnight struck, each of them proclaimed 'BALLS OF STEEL FOR (insert console here).' Really? That's not even goddamn funny. When I stepped up and asked for Alice, several of them were telling me shit like "You didn't order Nukem? What's wrong with you?". One guy even asked me "Are you gay or something, bro?"
Swear to God, I don't think I've given someone the evil eye as hard as I did then. I put up with their shit, and then get called gay for not buying the UBER-MANLY game? Fuck them. They got me ranting on the internet.

kahljorn Jun 14th, 2011 04:36 AM

the disc drives are supposed to be cheap and easy to fix

Dimnos Jun 14th, 2011 08:45 AM

Yeah they are. Hell you could probably just pull the damn thing open. Whats the worst that can happen? You break it and have to install a new one? Your practically there anyway.

The neckbeards though. You should have told him you were just going to wait for him to sell it back in a week and buy it at half price used. Then beat it yourself in a week to return it for a full refund. :lol

Fathom Zero Jun 14th, 2011 08:57 AM

I want Alice so bad. :O

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 14th, 2011 09:15 AM

That's amazing LS.

Chojin Jun 14th, 2011 11:19 AM

WHY DIDNT YOU BUY DUKE YOU BIG FAG

Guitar Woman Jun 14th, 2011 11:38 AM

Probably because the demo made him throw up a little

LordSappington Jun 14th, 2011 11:40 AM

GOSH GUYS I JUST WANTED TO PRETEND I WAS A GIRL WHILE I PLAYED MY VIDEO GAMES
But from what I played of it at my friend's, it's pretty awesome. The environments are great, and the combat is very fluid.
I've heard some people reviewing it say that the combat is fluid and comfortable, but doesn't try anything new. What the hell is up with that? Is it suddenly not enough for a game to have a working combat system? Now every game has to introduce a completely new concept of gameplay? It's like your kid getting and A on a test, and getting mad at him for not getting an A+.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 14th, 2011 02:26 PM

I never played the original Alice because I never had a not-shitty PC until a year ago when I finally built my own.

I have a feeling the original didn't age well, but I really want to play the new one. Goddammit.

LordSappington Jun 15th, 2011 12:38 AM

Fixed my 360; dunno what I did. I jiggled a paperclip around inside it, and it started working. Whatever; as long as it works.
That said, I've been playing Alice all day, and holy fuck this is a long-ass game. I've put in at least five hours, and it says I've gotten through 1/3 of the game. Mind, I've also been crawling around trying to find all the secrets and stuff, but I figure if you're NOT doing that, you're playing it wrong.
Also, the game has dresses you unlock as you go, and it's a long-established fact that when you add any, ANY, sort of costume choices, then fuck fuck FUCK I will spend forever deciding what looks best.
Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2011 02:00 AM

It depends. What do the dresses look like?

LordSappington Jun 15th, 2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 726330)
It depends. What do the dresses look like?

Can't find any pictures of them yet. My favorite is the Steam Dress; moderately steampunk-ish and cool. I just got the Kimono dress, which is second best. d=Dunno about the others, but there are downloadable dresses which I am considering, since they give gameplay bonuses.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2011 02:47 AM

I like the chess dress.

OxBlood Jun 15th, 2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 726229)
Swear to God, I don't think I've given someone the evil eye as hard as I did then. I put up with their shit, and then get called gay for not buying the UBER-MANLY game? Fuck them. They got me ranting on the internet.

Try to find peace in the fact that you left puberty behind you and they didnīt... Duke Nukem is about as manly as a 14 year old boy trying to grow a decent beard. Which is why it doesnīt work in 2011. Duke Nukem was funny because the players were young boys giggling at his stupid oneliners. Other than...letīs say Dolph Lundgren Movies, that specific humor hasnīt aged very well and today itīs just sad mostly.

Oh but I need to take a look at the new Alice sometime, I loved the first one :)

kahljorn Jun 15th, 2011 03:49 AM

my xbpx360 will stop reading disks and will just always say, "Open tray" or whatever.

I found out if i pick it up and shake it a bit something inside will rattle around, and then it will start to work again

Nick Jun 15th, 2011 05:38 AM

Duke Nukem Forever was a fun game. It's not going to change the world, but it wasn't outright horrible.

If you can't enjoy it, then why are you playing a Duke Nukem game in the first place, you serious people you.

Pentegarn Jun 15th, 2011 06:19 AM

That's pretty much the 'breaking it down to the base elements' statement regarding DNF. If you played 3D, and you liked 3D, then you will probably want to play and like DNF. If you are an FPS frat boy who is all about Halo :puke You will probably hate it

OxBlood Jun 15th, 2011 09:15 AM

I´m not a serious person. Fuck no, if anyone´s NOT serious, it´s me, I just can´t express it in english ;)

I just think, that the Duke-Humor is a thing from the past. It might be an okay game but I´m not into shooters that much anyway so I don´t really care how good it is.

I did buy White Knight Chronicles I+II though and I´m not sure if that was a wise decision :D

Chojin Jun 15th, 2011 10:56 AM

german has some of the strictest gaming laws outside of the middle east. i'm kinda surprised duke4 wasn't considered contraband there.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 726352)
my xbpx360 will stop reading disks and will just always say, "Open tray" or whatever.

I found out if i pick it up and shake it a bit something inside will rattle around, and then it will start to work again

:lol It thinks its a nintendo.

Pentegarn Jun 15th, 2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 726369)
Iīm not a serious person. Fuck no, if anyoneīs NOT serious, itīs me, I just canīt express it in english ;)

I just think, that the Duke-Humor is a thing from the past. It might be an okay game but Iīm not into shooters that much anyway so I donīt really care how good it is.

I did buy White Knight Chronicles I+II though and Iīm not sure if that was a wise decision :D

I think Nick and I were openly chastising the reviewers, not you Ox.

I would think there would be a bit lost in translation and local pop culture anyway.

Nick Jun 15th, 2011 07:37 PM

Yeah, from what I see all the review sites are ran by feminazis now.

Dimnos Jun 15th, 2011 09:35 PM

Review sites. :lol

executioneer Jun 15th, 2011 09:42 PM

i wanna hear what yahtzee has to say about it

kahljorn Jun 15th, 2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

I did buy White Knight Chronicles I+II though and Iīm not sure if that was a wise decision :D
QUIT WHITEKNIGHT CHRONICLING FOR THE REVIEW SITES ;/

LordSappington Jun 16th, 2011 12:04 AM

All the shit I heard about women getting upset about Capture The Babe is retarded. Listen, people, it's humor. It's a game that's already cranked up to eleven on its ridiculous meter. You have a fucking ego bar. They wouldn't be pissed off if it had a mini-game where you punch as many nutsacks as you could in half a minute.

Shyandquietguy Jun 16th, 2011 02:30 AM

Populous DS!!

I've always wanted to play this game when I saw it on the SNES but never got the chance. They defintely made a great usage of the DS with this.

kahljorn Jun 16th, 2011 04:00 AM

lol at populous ;/

i actually have that game somewhere around here

OxBlood Jun 16th, 2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 726438)
QUIT WHITEKNIGHT CHRONICLING FOR THE REVIEW SITES ;/

Hm...what could this post mean...I think you mean that I should stop playing because some reviewers said WKC was utter crap. Right?

Iīm not sure I like the battlespeed. Feels like it should run about twice as fast but this is the enhanced version of WKC1 so I guess it was even slower in the original...

New Additions: Radiant Historia and Alone in the Dark Inferno.

RH seems to be pretty nice though the Charactersystem is too simple for my tastes.

And I know what you want to say about AITD and be assured Gentlemen, I too have said all there is to say about this game long ago. Horseshit, thatīs what it was. Good ideas executed in a horrible, horrible way.

I did hear though that Inferno fixed a lot of those flaws and fuck it, Iīm willing to spend 5 bucks on something like that. I even finished the game back when it came out.

kahljorn Jun 16th, 2011 04:40 AM

nah its sort of a pun cause whiteknighting is when you get all protective over someone ;/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...37;20knighting

Pentegarn Jun 16th, 2011 06:21 AM

It was a nice piece of business Khal

Phoenix Gamma Jun 16th, 2011 07:20 AM

Got the collector's edition of Alice Madness Returns, which includes the original.

The original pissed me off. Weirdass controls. I died at some part in a library because she sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid off a floating book and hit the ground. Then it sent me back too far to care, so I quit and started the new one.

The new one still feels weird. It was definitely built for consoles. I had to switch to gamepad because the keyboard and mouse controls were pretty shitty. It kinda reminds me of Zelda, if Zelda was a linear platformer. The combat reminds me of it, at least, with some secrets tucked away. Love the art direction, though I get random framerate issues every now and then and I have no idea why.

OxBlood Jun 16th, 2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 726500)
nah its sort of a pun cause whiteknighting is when you get all protective over someone ;/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...te%20knighting

Thatīs what I like about talking with you guys, I learn something new every day :)

kahljorn Jun 16th, 2011 07:53 PM

:lol

Fathom Zero Jun 16th, 2011 08:03 PM

WE ARE AMERICA

I'm playing Phoenix for the iOS. Coz I need to get my SHMUPs on when I'm on the go.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 17th, 2011 02:49 AM

Donkey Kong '94 on 3DS Virtual Console. Fucking classic.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 19th, 2011 10:14 PM

I bought Ocarina of Time 3D because I am a hopeless Zelda whore. It's not even my favorite Zelda game. Goddammit.

darkvare Jun 19th, 2011 10:27 PM

i'm planning on buying it even though i don't have a 3ds :C

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2011 04:52 PM

Giants Citizen Kabuto and MDK are on sale and I bought the both of them for $6. FUCK YES.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 20th, 2011 05:30 PM

Did they add anything extra to the Ocarina of 3D?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 20th, 2011 06:43 PM

New graphics
Some tweaked dialog
Master Quest (which is now mirrored to make even harder)
Lots of little details added to different areas. Some suggest that MM3D is coming.
And some tweaks to the game engine. I swear Link's roll has next to no lag. Very easy to spam it.

Playing with 3D is totally mandatory. Looks really good, and the redone graphics are great. I'm legitimately freaked out by the Skulltula family, and I'm 23 years old.

creeposaurus Jun 20th, 2011 09:49 PM

Angry Birds. It's been 6 hours now...

Dimnos Jun 20th, 2011 10:05 PM

That is definitely giving FF7 a run for its money as the most over rated game ever.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 20th, 2011 10:28 PM

Angry birds is one of the most overrated games ever.

creeposaurus Jun 20th, 2011 11:46 PM

Happy Birds is one of the most underrated games ever.

executioneer Jun 21st, 2011 01:46 AM

slightly miffed birds is... sort of acceptably rated i guess

i got nothin'

Chojin Jun 21st, 2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 727271)
That is definitely giving FF7 a run for its money as the most over rated game ever.

wow, i thought i was the only person who didn't like ff7

Guitar Woman Jun 21st, 2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Master Quest (which is now mirrored to make even harder)
That's fucking awesome. There's nothing about OOT that really needs updating but I'd buy it just for this.

Mad Melvin Jun 21st, 2011 04:55 PM

Fable III

So far, it sucks. Haven't played the previous games, so I didn't know what to expect. Game so far: I've been led around like a dog on a leash and really don't care about anything thats going on. I also wiped my ass on some guys petition paper.

zerothree Jun 21st, 2011 06:02 PM

Playing Shadows of the Damned right now. I'm only 20-ish minutes in and I'm already in love with it.

I've also been playing the new Alice game and the Ocarina of Time remake. Both are great, but they're going on the backburner until I've had my fill with Shadows of the Damned.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 21st, 2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 727434)
That's fucking awesome. There's nothing about OOT that really needs updating but I'd buy it just for this.

The graphics needed an update. Most people don't remember how blurry that game was.

I wasn't really a fan of Master Quest when it first came out on Gamecube. Except Jabu Jabu's Belly, which was fucking weird as shit in MQ. :hypno

Dr. Boogie Jun 21st, 2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 727446)
Fable III

So far, it sucks. Haven't played the previous games, so I didn't know what to expect. Game so far: I've been led around like a dog on a leash and really don't care about anything thats going on. I also wiped my ass on some guys petition paper.

Having played all the Fable games, believe me when I say it doesn't get better.

darkvare Jun 21st, 2011 07:34 PM

i never found master quest to be any harder to be honest but then again i've played that game so many times before i even got master quest

Chojin Jun 21st, 2011 08:21 PM

i've never played OOT or MM, but I have played twilight princess and the NES/SNES zeldas, and the only one I liked was LTTP. should i bother with OOT?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 21st, 2011 08:41 PM

Twilight Princess is kinda like Ocarina of Time, if the pacing was horrible and the stupid wolf shit was thrown in for no real reason, Navi was replaced with a cunty imp, and the color was replaced with lots of brown and green-brown. They tried way too hard to take Ocarina and make it EPIIIIIIIIIC.

Rather, Ocarina of Time is pretty much LttP in 3D. It actually started as a remake until they started changing things here and there, then added the time travel stuff. It's pretty much the same format (three starter dungeons to break you in, then you jump to another realm and it gets serious). It's also credited with a lot of different innovations in 3D action games. I like LttP and MM a little more for different reasons (nostalgia and my own weirdness) but it's an important game, I think. It's aged reall well, though the graphics of the original version haven't. Playing it on the 3DS, I really have no complaints other than I wish they updated the music and added the different moves from the newer Zeldas. Maybe a new dungeon too. It's a solid A game with no glaring flaws, and I really can't say that about too many games.

MM is awesome if you're willing to meet it halfway. There are some fantastic sidestories in that game that trump a lot of the stuff in other Zeldas. It pretty much flies in the face of OoT and warps it into something really weird and creepy, so a lot of people didn't like it (that, and a lot of people suck at videogames and can't cope with the time mechanics). It's probably my second favorite next to LttP.

Also, if you liked LttP, Link's Awakening DX is like that but with a little bit of a Metroid-y world map and lots of weird references to other Nintendo games, and some really awesome puzzles.

Guitar Woman Jun 21st, 2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

should i bother with OOT?
Playing video games a lot without having experienced Ocarina of Time is like claiming to be a sci-fi geek without having seen Star Wars.

So, yes.

You should also check out Majora's Mask, Windwaker, and Link's Awakening if you haven't already, they're srsly fantastic. '93-'03 was kind of the correct decade to grow up in for anyone with a thing for heroic medieval fantasy and block puzzles.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 21st, 2011 09:30 PM

Wind Waker felt bipolar. Some of that game was flat out amazing, and some of it really pissed me off. Seriously, they didn't need to space out islands that fucking much. Goddammit. And the Triforce Quest at the end was damn near insulting. That kinda shit was never Nintendo's style.

Guitar Woman Jun 21st, 2011 09:41 PM

Windwaker is the second-best zelda, shut your whore mouth

dextire Jun 21st, 2011 09:55 PM

Windwaker was so easy though. I don't really remember getting killed even once.
I honestly kept waiting for Ganondorf to change into some kind of final form and then the credits rolled. :\

Guitar Woman Jun 21st, 2011 10:06 PM

You weren't satisfied with three shadow-puppet fights and the first time we've had an honest-to-god man-to-man swordfight with the guy?

dextire Jun 21st, 2011 10:28 PM

Yeah, but you don't really swordfight with him, you wait for Zelda to shoot him with a light-arrow and only then can you attack.
It just felt like a simplified game to me, like they decided the series was too difficult.

Anyway, are you saying that you had more fun with Windwaker than Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past? :confused:

Guitar Woman Jun 21st, 2011 10:48 PM

Maybe, yeah.

I've always hated Link to the Past, but it was also the very last Zelda I played, so I may just be taking for granted things that it did well and that later games copied. I still hate the dungeons, though, they're too samey-looking and the puzzles are boring/arduous, especially in Level 4.

That's the thing about it, too, I usually refer to most dungeons in Zelda by name instead of "level 1, level 2, etc," because they're so awesome and memorable that you instantly know what I'm talking about when I say "Forest Temple" or "City in the Sky," but you'd have to think for a second if I just said "Level 4/Level 7." They did start naming dungeons and having some varied overworld progression in LttP, but the levels were still just primitive mazes with palette swaps, and you didn't really think of them as actual places. Link's Awakening introduced actual dungeon features and themes and shit and gave all the levels some personality, in addition to, again, make its dungeons not awful and full of fucking tedious keyhunts.

Meanwhile, Link to the Past still feels like a NES game with beefed-up graphics. Example: All the dungeons in the game have the exact same visual design. Even the dungeon carved into a mountain at the desert, all 7 in the bizarro pocket universe, and the giant, eldritch Pyramid where Ganon is imprisoned, have the exact same walls, curtains, floor-tiles and carpets as all the other ones. They've also got the same damn soundtracks until you get to the dark world; It's not distinctive and it's incredibly monotonous to look at/listen to after a while.

Not to mention it was just generally shit. I guess I just like Zelda better when it feels like a storybook that's come to life.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 21st, 2011 11:06 PM

Wind Waker was piss easy, the sailing was boring as shit, and the triforce quest made me vomit. That's the trifecta of human excrement right there. If it weren't for the graphics, the music, and maybe half of the dungeons, I wouldn't have liked it. The charm only made up for so much. Oh, and the final boss. That fight was more amazing than that game deserved.

LttP is the definitive Zelda template, and pretty much every game since has copied it. It also made sure not to repeat puzzles. How many times do you light all the torches or shoot all the eyeballs or hold down switches with statues in modern zeldas? Those things each happened once, and the game never swung the camera around the room to tell you what to do. It was the perfect balance between Zelda 1's "You NEED a strategy guide to beat this" and the later games' "HEY WE'RE JUST GOING TO MAKE THE CAMERA SHOVE THESE THINGS IN YOUR FACE. HMMMMMMMMM THAT MIRROR LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT REFLECT LIGHT OR SOMETHING!" Also, I remember all the dungeon names, because I'm not a jerk >:

Link's Awakening is another fantastic one because not only is nothing spelled out for you, but all of the items are absolutely critical to navigating the entire world, like in Metroid. It's not like Twilight Princes where you'll never use the fucking Spinner after the Desert Temple. You'll be stopped right in the middle of a trail because you don't have the boots to do a running leap. But the dungeons weren't very varied, you know; they were actually more repetitive since there were a limited number of colors/tiles to work with. The only standouts are the Eagle's Tower (fucking pillars) and Turtle Rock (fucking lava).

Semirelated, but I just ordered a lithograph and signed art book from the Alice: Madness Returns website. The art is the only thing pushing me through that game's tedium.

Guitar Woman Jun 21st, 2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

The only standouts are the Eagle's Tower (fucking pillars) and Turtle Rock (fucking lava).
Maybe, but they were also actually fun to play. LttP was just generally shit at everything it did.

Chojin Jun 22nd, 2011 12:10 AM

i don't understand how anyone can hate lttp. for me it felt like the only zelda that both played like an actual videogame and was also possible to beat. the dark world music was great, the gameplay was great, the scenery was great...

maybe you just don't like video games, idk

kahljorn Jun 22nd, 2011 12:21 AM

i loved lttp i probably played that game like ten times. one time i even beat it in a day.

also i refer to them by name all the time TURTLE MONSTER DUNGEON

WORM MONSTER DUNGEON etcccc.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2011 12:31 AM

THAT'S TURTLE ROCK. IT'S IN A ROCK. SHAPED LIKE A TURTLE. FUCK.

THE WORM WAS THE DESERT PALACE. IT WAS A PALACE. IN THE DESERT.

GOD SO MUCH NERD RAGE RIGHT NOW. >: >: >: >: >:

Esuohlim Jun 22nd, 2011 12:32 AM

I played LttP for the first time only, like, five years ago maybe. I think I only got halfway through it, but from what I remember it was all right! My first Zelda experience was Link's Awakening and I still love playing through it every once in a while even though I could probably do it with my eyes closed at this point.

OoT is my favorite, though. I think it was just the 3D Zelda experience leaving me awestruck, but the game sucked me in big time. I know the whole game inside and out even though I only played through it twice.

darkvare Jun 22nd, 2011 12:38 AM

how can you not finish a link to the past it can be done in a single sitting

Esuohlim Jun 22nd, 2011 12:43 AM

Even in your first time through, back when games didn't hold your hand and tell you where to go next?

Maybe REAL LIFE DISTRACTIONS got in the way, who knows? I remember playing it in the spring, maybe I had finals coming up or something. Fuck you

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2011 12:55 AM

Took me forever on my first try. But I was 5 :(

Esuohlim Jun 22nd, 2011 01:53 AM

>:

Dimnos Jun 22nd, 2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 727499)
Windwaker is the second-best zelda, shut your whore mouth

I didnt read anything after this as I was to amazed GW and I agree on something. :eek

However we probably differ on the top spot.

Guitar Woman Jun 22nd, 2011 03:55 PM

Objectively, the best Zelda is probably Majora's Mask; there's basically nothing wrong with it, and the story, setting, visuals, and atmosphere are wonderfully bizarre, dark, and creepy. It's the acid overdose of Zelda games.

Link's Awakening stole my heart forever, though.

MarioRPG Jun 22nd, 2011 04:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Majora's mask has come up a million times in this thread.
Spoilers!

Nick Jun 22nd, 2011 04:52 PM

Wind Waker was the first Zelda game that I ever got bored of. I still haven't finished it. The same happened with its sequels. I managed to finally finish Phantom Hourglass, but Spirit Tracks is still sitting around collecting dust.

The only other Zelda games I've haven't completed (besides the first two) is Twilight Princess and Oracle of Ages. I would have finished TP if I hadn't deleted my save data, and I kinda forgot about OoA.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 727786)
I'm pretty sure Majora's mask has come up a million times in this thread.
Spoilers!

No
Spoilers!

dextire Jun 22nd, 2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 727792)
The only other Zelda games I've haven't completed (besides the first two) is Twilight Princess and Oracle of Ages. I would have finished TP if I hadn't deleted my save data, and I kinda forgot about OoA.

Don't bother with TP, it doesn't get any better :\.
I think Oracle of Ages is worth it though.

Esuohlim Jun 22nd, 2011 09:35 PM

Twilight Princess is a solid Zelda game >:

All the 3Ds are fine with me. Majora's Mask was OK, I had way more fun chillin' in Clock Town and I felt like the rest of the game got in the way.

Guitar Woman Jun 22nd, 2011 10:06 PM

Twilight Princess is really shitty and ugly and boring and empty and badly paced. Basically it's LttP: The Next Generation

Hopefully they won't fuck up Skyward Sword that badly; I suppose an option for the classic controller would be too much to ask, so they'd better make sure as shit they don't program the waggle retardedly.

dextire Jun 22nd, 2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 727827)
Twilight Princess is a solid Zelda game >:

The problem I had with TP is that I didn't enjoy the wolf-form at all.
And since it's basically half the game, I was tediously going through the wolf parts to get to the "real" game.

I think it's fine for them to try something a little different, it just didn't work for me. :)

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 727833)
Twilight Princess is really shitty and ugly and boring and empty and badly paced. Basically it's LttP: The Next Generation

Hopefully they won't fuck up Skyward Sword that badly; I suppose an option for the classic controller would be too much to ask, so they'd better make sure as shit they don't program the waggle retardedly.

You mean it's Ocarina of Time: Brown and Slow as Fuck Edition feat. Midna. It's practically the exact same dungeons except City in the Sky. Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, Desert Colossus, etc., they're all there.

Miyamoto actually told the staff that if Skyward Sword isn't the best Zelda, that franchise is going on hiatus. So there's that.

I'm the Fire Temple in OOT3D. I've been focused on completing damn near everything I can. Feels pretty badass to go into the Forest Temple with 10 hearts right out the gate. I'm at 15 now, which is two more than I had when I first beat the game. So I feel accomplished. I even got all those FUCKING big poes. I think I'll do a three heart run of master quest.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2011 10:38 AM

Link to the past was awesome. So good it should never be abreviated.

I always went with level 5 dark world first before level 4 with the moth. That guy was annoying.

Twilight Princess was awesome too. My favorite part is torn between the sky temple and the desert temple. Leaning towards the desert temple just because you have to fight the orc/ogre/troll goon guy.
Spoilers!

I was just "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 11:23 AM

I played seven hours of Mount & Blade yesterday.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 11:29 AM

did you conquer anything

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 11:37 AM

jail. for slaughtering villagers.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 12:36 PM

aw sheeeit :(

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 01:01 PM

It's alright, I got out eventually. Then slaughtered another village with my band of 30+ men and women and escaped to a friendly nearby kingdom where I helped them defend from a siege.

Unsuccessfully.

This game is wonderfully brutal. I should get the newest expansion with the guns and Eastern Europe.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 01:28 PM

i wish there were more differences between mount and blade / warband / the new one :( they really should give discounts for people who own the original and want to upgrade

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 01:36 PM

They had a massive sale a very short while ago on Steam where all of them were like $15 or something. I bought the original on sale when it was $5, marked down from $30, so I don't have a problem with the expansions. 'Cept Warband is so expensive for some reason. :\

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 02:59 PM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...pc/#more-63344

Whoop whoop

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 727967)
They had a massive sale a very short while ago on Steam where all of them were like $15 or something. I bought the original on sale when it was $5, marked down from $30, so I don't have a problem with the expansions. 'Cept Warband is so expensive for some reason. :\

aw,

fuuuuuck

darkvare Jun 23rd, 2011 09:55 PM

hey team fortress 2 is free now i'm gonna get it

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 10:08 PM

what

edit: holy shit

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 10:37 PM

NOT UNEXPECTED.

It's just given them a way to make bajillions more dollars.

OxBlood Jun 24th, 2011 04:03 AM

Oh, a Zelda-Discussion and I missed it. Zelda 3 is the best, there can´t be any arguing about that.

Right, new stuff I´ve played...hmm.

Still playing Dante´s Inferno and loving the shit out of it, as mentioned before, its atmosphere and graphical design is among the best I´ve ever seen but I´m a sucker for the divine comedy so yeah.

Started Shadows of the Damned and I´m about 5hrs in. It´s good, the story is interesting so far, the gameplay is okay...can´t really say much about it. It´s solid. Nothing special though, standart 3rd person shooter.

i´m also still playing Radiant Historia on the DS. Good story and interesting concept with all that timetravel influencing the two different timelines and stuff like that. The battlesystem is still my main gripe with the game. It´s thoughtful but sadly it´s not very interesting. There´s no real hook there, the battles are definetely not the main event in the game.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 24th, 2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 728156)
Oh, a Zelda-Discussion and I missed it. Zelda 3 is the best, there canīt be any arguing about that.

Just thinking about hearing the triforce noise then the \SHINK/ from the title screen gives me goosebumps.