I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   MST3000 riff trax (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702715)

b_squared Aug 6th, 2009 06:18 PM

MST3000 riff trax

Quote:

Join the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the comedy event of the year!

Fathom Events presents RiffTrax LIVE: Plan 9 from Outer Space, an evening of LIVE riffing on the Worst Movie Ever Made beaming into movie theaters nationwide on Thursday, August 20th

I was thinking about going to this and was wondering if anyone here has been to one of these before. Is it worth it. I'm a fan of MST 3000.

Tadao Aug 6th, 2009 06:21 PM

Never heard of it before. Sounds like drunken fun.

b_squared Aug 6th, 2009 06:23 PM

I do plan on watching it drunk.

executioneer Aug 7th, 2009 09:52 PM

I AM SO GOING TO THIS

DevilWearsPrada Aug 7th, 2009 11:43 PM

the guy from somethingawful and the guy who made the 'still alive' song for portal are gonna do some stuff too

executioneer Aug 7th, 2009 11:49 PM

boo and yay?

ZeldaQueen Aug 10th, 2009 01:07 AM

If I can I'm going. Sounds like a MST3K goldmine.

Tadao Aug 10th, 2009 01:11 AM

I might have to ask mom for an early allowance to go see it.

Otto Aug 12th, 2009 07:40 PM

Already reserved my ticket!

Dr. Boogie Aug 16th, 2009 10:33 PM

I got a few of the On Demand ones because I didn't already have any of the movies needed for the accompanying rifftrax. It's almost exactly like the show, apart from the lack of silhouettes and no character roles to stick to.

When I bought them (the On Demand ones that come already synced to a video file), they attach them to an account you make, and then you have a choice to download them in a few different formats (divx, mpg, mp4, and wmv) along with the option to download just an MP3 of the rifftrax. Once you have them, I don't think there's a limit to the number of times you can download each one.

Krythor Aug 17th, 2009 07:23 PM

Ah cool, I didn't know they were selling them already synced up. I kind of lost interest in them soon after they started because I wasn't confident enough in the quality of them to justify all the hassle, and most of the fun of mst3k for me was the complete agony and/or insanity of the movies they did. A movie like Daredevil or Titanic doesn't seem silly enough to riff to me. But I might check a few of these On Demand ones out.

b_squared Aug 18th, 2009 12:04 PM

On the riff trax site they have a place where you can make your own voiceover riffs to pre-selected clips. One of the clips is funny without voiceovers..check out the clip "how to treat loose women". I can't link the clip directly but I can link the page just scroll down to find it.
http://www.rifftrax.com/cuts/videos
I thought it was an old PSA for the Military. But its much better.

LordSappington Aug 19th, 2009 01:08 AM

Being a fan of the original MST3K, I never liked the idea of Riff Trax. The terrible, terrible ads sure as shit didn't help.

'What the hell am I watching?'

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 20th, 2009 09:38 AM

Just watched the ad for it last night. I'm def going to this because a bar and the cinema is in walking distance.

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 01:53 AM

wooooooooooo

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 01:54 AM

SORRY FORT WORTH

Dr. Boogie Aug 23rd, 2009 01:44 PM

The live event was a lot of fun, but I really could've done without the singing comedian they brought with them.

Otto Aug 23rd, 2009 07:02 PM

Had a lot of fun, even if a torrential downpour made the transmission fuck up a couple of times.

Are you talking about Jonathan Coulton, Dr. Boogie? The guy that sang those really annoying songs about zombies and the future? Yeah, I really wish the transmission had chosen to bug out when he was on screen.

Dr. Boogie Aug 23rd, 2009 10:17 PM

Yes, him. For me, the funniest part of his time on stage was when the cameras panned over the crowds, and only picked up on people looking bored and annoyed. Then they settled on the only two people who actually knew the words to his songs enough to sing along.

And I can't help but think that they sent Kevin out during his zombie song because they saw how badly he was bombing.

FistfulOAwesome Aug 30th, 2009 12:06 AM

I am so freaking late to this.

I really loved getting to hear Mike, Kevin, and Bill riff like they did on the show. It's also the first time I saw Plan 9, so I did my best to riff to my brother (he hated the performance) during the parts when they were quiet. It was mildly disappointing that Mike didn't riff quite as much as Kevin and Bill, but they were all good..

About that Coultron guy, I agree. The guy was absolutely flailing out there. I was actually excited when they announced him since I know he's the one who wrote the Portal song, and how crushing it was that he turned out to be a one-hit wonder (who else but VH1 and me uses that phase?).

If they ever do another show, I'll be glad to see it.

Hangie Sep 3rd, 2009 07:10 PM

What are you talking about "one-hit wonder"? He didn't have ANY hits, and "still alive" is probably one of his worst songs. The only reason it's popular is because it's easy to play on the piano so all the valve fanboys sucked that shit down. I haven't seen him live, true, but from hearing his studio stuff he seems fine to me.

but of course I fucking hate Mystery Science Theater, so I probably am lightyears away from you guys in terms of likes/dislikes.

executioneer Sep 4th, 2009 12:49 AM

hangie you can die now ok

Dr. Boogie Sep 4th, 2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangie (Post 645827)
What are you talking about "one-hit wonder"? He didn't have ANY hits, and "still alive" is probably one of his worst songs. The only reason it's popular is because it's easy to play on the piano so all the valve fanboys sucked that shit down. I haven't seen him live, true, but from hearing his studio stuff he seems fine to me.

but of course I fucking hate Mystery Science Theater, so I probably am lightyears away from you guys in terms of likes/dislikes.

You've pretty much set yourself up as the opposite of everything in this thread.

You got bad taste, hombre.

The Leader Sep 4th, 2009 10:47 AM

The opposite of everything in this thread? He shouldn't even be on this forum. Hangie should have stuck with his myspace posse.

Otto Sep 4th, 2009 05:12 PM

Hangie, I seriously hope that the Satellite of Love crashes into your house and kills your mother.