I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Starfox: Assault (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16213)

Dr. V Feb 6th, 2005 07:04 AM

Starfox: Assault

I read that this game was for rent at blockbuster before it was out to buy so I figured I'd give it a whirl. It had all the things that made starfox 64 good, but tons of other stuff just made it bad. For one it's WAY too short, I beat it in about 3-3 1/2 hours. Second the landmaster tank is so lame compared to the 64 version. The rate of fire is way down and it has no bomb capabilities. And the on foot portions made me want to kick the cube out the window. It's so tedious and all the enemies act and look the same. The missions have you running around areas that all look the same and the radar is pretty much unreliable. The control scheme was at best minimal. Run, shoot, jump. That’s about it. And the side step function was useless as well. Granted there are several weapons available for the ground, but the only one you really need is your blaster. The rest are flashy, yet unnecessary. Now as for the air portions, and I say portions because you can exit your arwing in some stages and attack on foot, were everything I was expecting. Fast paced, frantic, and full of baddies. I still have the game and I keep going back to play the air missions just for kicks. If Nintendo and Namco had scrapped everything but the air, this game would have been solid gold. There are even some missions where you get to ride Falco's wing and blast guys on the ground with a machine gun. Fun for a while, then it gets repetitive. As for the cinematics, they get the story across in a nice way. The voice acting is pretty lame but you get used to it. All and all, I'll have to say this is defiantly a "wait till your friend rents it" title.
I'll give it a 2...out of 5.

Fahrenheit 1337 Feb 7th, 2005 08:09 PM

Once again, a faggy company has completely raped and mutilated one of Miyamoto's coolest characters.
FUCK YOU RARE! >:

EisigerBiskuit Feb 7th, 2005 08:36 PM

Yeah, because the fact that Rare left Nintendo years ago has something to do with it.

Fahrenheit 1337 Feb 7th, 2005 08:51 PM

Rare deserting their bread and butter has nothing to do with the fact that they fagged up Starfox, you idiot.

EisigerBiskuit Feb 7th, 2005 09:44 PM

So why are you screaming at Rare for them getting sued by Nintnedo themselves? They were forced to leave it to them.

Fahrenheit 1337 Feb 7th, 2005 09:48 PM

I'm not screaming at Rare for getting sued, I'm screaming at them for making a retarded and faggy game.
If you didn't figure that out after reading my first post, then you are an idiot.

EisigerBiskuit Feb 7th, 2005 09:50 PM

Oh okay.

eggyolk Feb 7th, 2005 10:14 PM

shut up [/b]CUNT[/b]

BlueOatmeal Feb 8th, 2005 03:13 AM

Starfox is a quality game.

How do you like my new avatar?

Perndog Feb 8th, 2005 02:37 PM

It's defiantly a wait til your friend rents it title, hmm?

How exactly would you say this game defies you? Was the case difficult to open? Did the game have trouble loading? Or were the enemies simply too quick or powerful for you, making *them* the defiant ones?

Please elucidate for us.

EisigerBiskuit Feb 8th, 2005 07:18 PM

Maybe it just looked like a pile of shit since I first saw it.

Dr. V Feb 9th, 2005 07:44 AM

Ok if you want me to dumb it down, this game sucks, don't buy or rent it. Happy?

Perndog Feb 9th, 2005 11:53 PM

It was defiantly dumb enough the first time, thanks.

Drev Feb 10th, 2005 08:50 AM

I'll rent it first, just because I loved Starfox 64 and I have raped it to the ground.

Rongi Feb 10th, 2005 05:20 PM

starfox 64 was one of the few games i could beat over and over and over again and not get bored once

timrpgland Feb 10th, 2005 06:10 PM

heard that Assault wasn't that great but I'm useless cause I haven't played it for myself. Star Fox 64 was awesome though and was disappointed by Adventures cause I wanted some REAL star fox action but from what I've heard this one is cool in the Arwing but other than that, it isn't. :( Namco.... Namco.... Namco.....

Off topic:
I was already pissed at them and Monolith (which had a bunch of staff and the producer from Xenogears in there so WTF?) for ruining the Xeno series... :(

Xenosaga was good but it shouldn't have been good, it should have been great. :( >:

Fahrenheit 1337 Feb 10th, 2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueOatmeal
Starfox is a quality game.

How do you like my new avatar?

He's humping the conveyor belt :lol

Dr. V Feb 11th, 2005 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi
starfox 64 was one of the few games i could beat over and over and over again and not get bored once

Yeah that's what was great about it. But Namco took all the fun out of it with the damn ground missions. And in 64, the landmaster was still fun but this time around, I dunno, I just don't like it. It dosent feel like Starfox anymore. It's like something different with Starfox's name on it.

Marine Feb 11th, 2005 09:11 AM

i dont like the poses when you pick up things in starfox adventures :(

Drev Feb 27th, 2005 01:22 AM

I ented an beat Assault. It's not a great as SF64, but it's still a good game. If they really want to make a better starfox game, here what they need to do:

*Take away the land system they used on Assault, or at least make a new one that makes the level so tedious.

*They didn't screw up the Arwing levels, so it's fine.

*The voices. Fox is fine, Slippy is fine (he actually sounds like e looks). Leon changed from a british accent to a creepy lizard voice. Falco was not a much as a dick in this one so they need to fix that, and they didn't have Peppy sound like JR. He never even yelled "DO A BARRELROLL!" once. :tear

Overeall it's an allright game, but like I said, 64 is better.

Studio8 Mar 9th, 2005 01:47 PM

faggy

Galvatron Mar 9th, 2005 02:51 PM

I thought it was a good game, it just wasn't long enough. I mean I beat the game within 2 hours of getting it. Jeez!

Studio8 Mar 9th, 2005 02:55 PM

Someone should beat you for being so good at that game!!

Galvatron Mar 9th, 2005 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio8
Someone should beat you for being so good at that game!!

good?! bleh. Well, the first time I played it was set on easy. But my point is there should have been more levels in the game.

Studio8 Mar 9th, 2005 03:31 PM

Oh you should take credit where credit is due