I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Rongi Sep 29th, 2011 11:45 PM

Man i havent read that book since highschool

Esuohlim Sep 29th, 2011 11:57 PM

I'm getting really tired of the spambot swarm lately, and my post in the Spambots thread seems to have gotten Rongi-backwardsed, so I'm posting it here too in case any admins that can do something about it are reading. I sent it to Rog too.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...TOP-Spam-Bots-

CARRY ON.

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 12:12 AM

i kind of miss the pickles tbh :(

Zhukov Sep 30th, 2011 12:32 AM

I'm taking responsibility for getting rid of Pram. If he comes back then disregard that last statement.

And I sort of miss the pickles. It meant I could say "haha" and give someone props without having to quote a post five pages back just to bump a thread and say "haha". It also meant I could have short-lived red pickle wars with Eusohlim. I miss those days, but am ready for the future.

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 12:33 AM

they were apparently disabled like, the day i came back :rolleyes

I swear though we had a rep system like years ago

HickMan Sep 30th, 2011 12:35 AM

I didn't know how to get more pickles :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 01:28 AM

We should have a rap system now.

captain516 Sep 30th, 2011 01:51 AM

Hi I'm captain516 and I like poopy dicks and forgetting to log out

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 02:03 AM

but are they boners, this is important

HickMan Sep 30th, 2011 02:57 AM

At least he had the decency of posting in the correct thread.

HickMan Sep 30th, 2011 03:02 AM

I remember when I was just a boy
You took my puppy and left me all alone
You said you loved me but that was just a lie
How could a mommy abandon her own sons?
One thing I'd like to know is if you are coming back
Because I just can't stand to see one more sunset
Whoah ohh-ohh- whooah
No sunsets
Thank you
I miss you, Mommy

LordSappington Sep 30th, 2011 03:28 AM

Got back last night!
The concert was pretty awesome; Matt and Kim put on a great show, My Chemical Romance played some pretty great songs but they just kind of left without saying much, and we bounced before Blink 182 got on stage because I've heard 'All The Small Things' enough times since I was in fifth grade, thank you.
Riding the train was fun, but on the way back we ended up first having to wait for a freight train, so we were set back an hour, and then we got stuck in Temple because we needed clearance to go through for some reason, setting us back another hour, then a damn freight train broke down ahead of us and set us back almost TWO hours. At least I brought my 3DS, which seemed to piss off the group of Republicans sitting behind us. Apparently it's ruining my life for reasons I don't understand.
Long story short, concert was great, train was pretty fun, etc etc good trip

Zhukov Sep 30th, 2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 744740)
We should have a rap system now.

Yeah!

Uh

Uh

Yeah!

Sappington, did you ride in that freight train?

ThrashO Sep 30th, 2011 06:38 AM

Ay yo, a yo
I-Mockery is takin' over my soul
and these noobs keep talkin' and I'm all like "lol"

Pentegarn Sep 30th, 2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pram Maven (Post 744679)

To the people who did accept me; Pub, Gus, Fathom, Flagg...I'll miss talking to two you. You're both good people and I wish you the best.

This made me :lol Again, not for any intended reasons. Gus Fathom and Flagg accept you? Do you even know what acceptance is? Or does it stymie you like the word loyalty did?

Also, you list four people then say both, way to count trooper!

ThrashO Sep 30th, 2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 744720)
HOW IS MY NEW SIGNATURE?

HUMAN. I FIND THIS HUMOROUS. PLEASE ACCEPT MY PUBLIC DECLARATION OF THIS AS PAYMENT FOR YOUR HARD WORK.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashO (Post 744763)
HUMAN. I FIND THIS HUMOROUS. PLEASE ACCEPT MY PUBLIC DECLARATION OF THIS AS PAYMENT FOR YOUR HARD WORK.

WELL THATS WHY YOUR NAME ISN'T RAP-O. THAT WAS TERRIBLE.

Chojin Sep 30th, 2011 10:58 AM

why do i have a red pickle in thrash0s eyes

see if i defend your internet honor ever again

HickMan Sep 30th, 2011 11:05 AM

Least you HAVE a pickle >: It's okay, we're not all cool enough...

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 11:05 AM

I got a B+ on my first Bio exam, guys

Not bad, considering I didn't look at the lecture notes until three days before I took the test

HickMan Sep 30th, 2011 11:09 AM

Where do you go to school, Rongi?

Chojin Sep 30th, 2011 11:12 AM

oh and can some mod move the latest pram fiasco out of this thread into its own so we can archive it and give it a scandalous name

also did anyone save a picture of the sculpture he made for zhukov? i went back to page 3282 and didn't see it

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickMan (Post 744784)
Where do you go to school, Rongi?

Binghamton University

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 11:17 AM

Call the thread, "THE CHRONICLES OF DON CARLSON, RACIST RAPIST OF THE NORTHWEST"

HickMan Sep 30th, 2011 11:31 AM

Well, it seems to me that Binghamton is a great place to further your education :supportive

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 11:32 AM

Provided your lecture hall hasn't washed away, anyway.

You're still one ahead of my school, which just put in extra-tall suicide fences! :D

Colonel Flagg Sep 30th, 2011 11:33 AM

[quote=Pram Maven;744679]To the people who did accept me; Pub, Gus, Fathom, Flagg...I'll miss talking to [two] you. You're both [all] good people and I wish you the best.

Fixed, I think.

How I got on that list is something I'm not quite clear on, but wth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pram Maven
And to Roger Barr, the guy who created this site: Let it go, man. You're not the same pissed off dude anymore. Delete the forums. The rest of the site is great. You have the voice of a rock star and the wit of Sartre. The longer this part of the site is up, the more there will be people out there who hate you, and the less you'll be able to enjoy anything because you'll be in controversy constantly defending yourself from everyone you've wronged... Or worse, people who stumble on the site will close the window without giving it a chance because all the fighting here is making I-Mockery look bad. It's out of my hands now, but remember: what you put out into the world is what you'll get back. Karma is a bitch's boomerang with your name on it, and everyone gets one. That's the only fairness that exists.

What the hell is he talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pram Maven
Everyone else can suck my spoons.

Excuse me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 744762)
This made me :lol Again, not for any intended reasons. Gus Fathom and Flagg accept you? Do you even know what acceptance is? Or does it stymie you like the word loyalty did?

Uh. I'm thinking that, in my case, since I talked to him about clay, and tried to get a handle on his problem from a chemistry angle, maybe that's why he was thinking he was accepted. Truth is, at this point I don't really have an opinion one way or another anymore. It's all just part of the background noise.

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickMan (Post 744789)
Well, it seems to me that Binghamton is a great place to further your education :supportive

thanks d00d. It's pretty rigorous academically up here. I'm learning way more here than I was at any of the other schools I went to (I transferred here from two other schools)

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 744790)
Provided your lecture hall hasn't washed away, anyway.

Campus itself wasn't effected too much by the flooding, although we did have like three days off (instead of using those days for getting ahead in my studies, i got really drunk). I think our Event Center is still being used to house people whose homes got fucked up by the flooding.

What part of NY do you live in again?

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 12:28 PM

I don't anymore. But I went to Ithaca and Cornell in Ithaca, NY.

HickMan Sep 30th, 2011 12:28 PM

That's far out that you're enjoying college and feel challenged. That's the main thing, brah.

b_squared Sep 30th, 2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 744702)
Here's something that has nothing to do with anything. I never realized how creeped out I was by bathrooms with windows until I visited someone who had one.

It was okay during the day, but at nighttime I was completely freaked out to use that bathroom. There weren't blinds over it, just sheers, and it was at street level next to a walkway :(

I'm afraid I don't understand windows in bathrooms.

Every bathroom in my house has a window. The master bathroom has 5 total. But we are set back away from the street.

b_squared Sep 30th, 2011 12:43 PM

If we still had the pickle system, I would have given pram his first green pickle for leaving.

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 12:46 PM

I miss the pickle system. I preferred private props :(

Zhukov Sep 30th, 2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 744785)
oh and can some mod move the latest pram fiasco out of this thread into its own so we can archive it and give it a scandalous name

also did anyone save a picture of the sculpture he made for zhukov? i went back to page 3282 and didn't see it

I'm sure you are mod enough to create a thread.

He made me TWO sculpts, and I didn't save either of them. I sort of wish I did now... he deleted the one in the art thread, and the other one is way back somewhere in this thread, but I can't be bothered finding that since he most likely deleted it as well.

EDDIT: page 3252 - deleted.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 02:42 PM

executioneer Sep 30th, 2011 02:49 PM

wait, pram maven didn't have his edit button removed? :mindblown

edit: oh nevermind he just took the picture down, right

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 03:33 PM

I've said it before and I shall say it again: you should consult with Pubbles, who obsessively saves every photo ever posted on these forums.

ThrashO Sep 30th, 2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 744779)
why do i have a red pickle in thrash0s eyes

see if i defend your internet honor ever again

Are you questioning me? That can lead to a temporary ban (on my ignore list for 3 days)

also, you guys ever been eating something, and you pick a small crumb that you dropped up off the table to eat, and then you eat it and you realize that it wasn't food at all?

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 744774)
What is the brand. Not Monster Maker I hope?

When mineral oil doesn't work, I often try vegetable or even olive oil. Downside of that is that the clay can get really wet really fast.

Sounds like you are sculpting some small scale stuff. That's the hardest stuff to do - especially with oil based products...especially with Monster Maker.

JTP! :eek

Pentegarn Sep 30th, 2011 05:02 PM

This a mod testing the anti spammer idea Milpool posted?

executioneer Sep 30th, 2011 05:05 PM

i'm confused about who you're talking to p-garm

Pentegarn Sep 30th, 2011 05:09 PM

To the fake spambot that was testing if it could spam, I assume it was you what with his messages being gone and all

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 05:11 PM

you guys i just got back from my date

it went really well :)!

executioneer Sep 30th, 2011 05:12 PM

didn't even see it

Pentegarn Sep 30th, 2011 05:13 PM

That's a non traditional time to get back from a date

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 05:19 PM

We met for midday coffee because we're both very busy adults with very busy adult things to do. She's an opera singer and I'm a psychology student at a prestigious university which requires me to do a fuck ton of work

We talked about music, art, foucalt's theories on social control, philosophy, germany, how much we both hate "artistic" people who live in ny, and other stuff.

Whenever the next time I come back to Long Island I'm definitely hitting this girl up again :D

Pentegarn Sep 30th, 2011 05:27 PM

Opera singer eh? Some of them are sessey. Good for you

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 05:28 PM

Thanks! And she seems relatively sane, which is highly unusual for people involved in the arts!

kahljorn Sep 30th, 2011 05:33 PM

i wonder what note she sings when she orgasms

Pentegarn Sep 30th, 2011 05:34 PM

High C of course, or she is not a real opera singer

Remember if the mirror above the bed isn't cracked you're doing it wrong

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 05:46 PM

1) Sanity is especially rare in opera singers, and

2) My elderly Jewish aunt calls the place "Lawn Goy-land".

Esuohlim Sep 30th, 2011 05:48 PM

Rongi you are a such a hipster

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 744852)
2) My elderly Jewish aunt calls the place "Lawn Goy-land".

A lot of people, when they first meet me, think I'm Jewish. Especially now that I have a big bushy beard.

And a big nose :(

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 744853)
Rongi you are a such a hipster

SHUT UP >:

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 05:55 PM

I love it when people want to assume the best of you :love

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 05:55 PM

Oh wait, I'm wearing a flannel shirt and tight fitting jeans and glasses

I just spent 2 and a half hours in a coffee shop talking to a girl about erudite subjects

And I have an Elvis Costello avatar

...welp

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 744858)
I love it when people want to assume the best of you :love

one time in queens a crazy, coked out, anti-semetic eastern european guy tried to attack me because he thought i was a jew. it was funny seeing him get tackled to the ground by a bunch of security guards. i was in a pharmacy

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 06:46 PM

What

Was he just like "JEWWWWW" and leaped on you?

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 06:49 PM

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

the_rapist Sep 30th, 2011 07:00 PM

are you sure it was a real eastern european guy and not sacha baron cohen

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 744862)
What

Was he just like "JEWWWWW" and leaped on you?

I was standing in line to buy blank CD-Rs for a reason that escapes me now. In walks this Eastern European lookin mother fucker, anti-semite written all over him. He wears an unwashed t-shirt with a deer on it and smells like a gym locker room. He looks at me and some other dude in line and says, "HELLO SHLONKY DONKY (to the other guy), WHAT'S UP JEWISH JEW (to me)!?"

He walks up to me.

"Shalom!"

"Uh, I'm not Jewish."

"Oh really? What are you then?"

"That's none of your fucking business."

That made him rill mad.

"Fuck you, you homosexual! I'll kick your ass! You see this? *grabs his shirt and pulls it out, as if there is a badge on it* CIA!"

At this point security comes over and he got really violent and they threw him to the ground.

It was a very strange beginning to my day.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 07:02 PM

hay milhouse

elx Sep 30th, 2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 744710)
Is this Pram Maven shit over now? That shit was boring as fuckkkkkkkk.

and the rep system too?? good job guys, only took a few months >:

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 08:03 PM

hahaha pram maven is back guys, after like one day!

executioneer Sep 30th, 2011 08:08 PM

was he in the who's online thing or something

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 08:15 PM

yeah

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 08:17 PM

srsly this place is so much better without a bunch of "U SUCK" "NO U" posts cluttering everything up

granted i was a big contributor to that but hey i was all stressed out about tests and i needed something to relieve stress so f u j*rk

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 08:17 PM

I AM NOT AS I HAVE BEEN

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 08:19 PM

what

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 08:29 PM

I don't feel well in the head.

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 08:41 PM

take a hot bath

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 08:42 PM

Baths are gross. I'm pretty sure the answer is copious amounts of Southern Comfort.

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 08:43 PM

some woman called me a dirty mick when I worked at the hospital. Probably due to the red hair and freckles. To the best of my knowledge, though, not Irish at all.

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 744886)
Baths are gross. I'm pretty sure the answer is copious amounts of Southern Comfort.

uh if you're not feeling mentally sound i don't think alcohol is going to help you

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 08:47 PM

As Irish as Danny Kaye.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi (Post 744889)
uh if you're not feeling mentally sound i don't think alcohol is going to help you

If I go a day without suicidal ideations, then I'm not myself, unfortunately. It's not even depression at this point, so I'm going to drop this conversation. Everyone knows I'm a down fuck already, so no reason to say more.

I'M GETTING A ROLL OF REDSCALE FILM DEVELOPED TODAY. I HOPE THE IMAGES TURN OUT. ALSO BUYING A RAZOR AND GETTING A JOB AT A PIZZA JOINT.

WORKING AT A PIZZA JOINT WAS ONE OF MY LIFE GOALS, IF ANYONE WAS KEEPING SCORE. MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED.

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 09:00 PM

irishness aside, I objected to being called dirty.

You are a down fuck, FZ, but most creative people are.

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 09:13 PM

I have been depressed like my entire life but only recently have I sort of gotten over it. Making yourself super busy and surrounded by people who are way more intelligent than you kind of distracts you from how much you hate yourself.

In my case, at least

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 09:19 PM

man this thread is kind of a bummer right now

There we go

Pram Maven Sep 30th, 2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi (Post 744875)
hahaha pram maven is back guys, after like one day!

I was figuring out your SPAM problem and analyzing what caused it. Milhouse should have the answer now, unless he reverse-Rongi'd me. :suicide

Pram Maven Sep 30th, 2011 09:34 PM

later.

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 09:39 PM

seriously guys, pram has left here like a bajillion times and said he was never coming back and he was going to kill himself and blah blah blah. shouldn't he be banned by now for such tomfoolery?

I know I've left here a bunch of times in a huff but keep in mind I was also like 15 years old. Pram is a grown ass man and this is kind of embarassing

Pram Maven Sep 30th, 2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prammaven (Post 744900)
I figured out your spam problem in terms of why it is happening and how you can stop it cold.

First, why it is happening: when you linked to my thread in your sigs, the resulting link juice was building up and interpreted as spam by... you guessed it, SPAMMERS!

They saw all those thousands of yummy backlinks from I-mockery to Google to mean that the I-mockery/forum was A) very popular, B) very trusted by Google, and C) very vulnerable to being spammed. In essence, they saw SERIOUS LINK JUICE to exploit, and when they discovered those links were influencing Google's SERPS, they started posting. They may even have piggybacked on the backlinks.

To fix this, all you need to do is:

1. Place a "no follow" attribute in the source code of the front page of the forum; and

2. Make threads and posts invisible to anyone not logged in. You could technically make the thread titles still visible, but spammers could still use the keywords to target I-mockery or its affiliate sites and outgoing links. As long as the "no follow" tag is on the forum but not on the site itself, it will still be easy for people to find both the site and the forum on Google.

In the meantime, disabling posts signatures to posters not logged in will stop *most* of the spam. Those other two things will stop it all the way. This is what I discovered we could do on another forum I was on and it really worked.

I realize this will interfere with your ability to Google bomb me from I-mockery, but you can't have it both ways. Either torment me through your sigs, or put up with the SPAM that you are unintentionally generating.

I did not encourage this situation, it just sort of happened concurrently with my exit. Consider it "The Pram Maven Curse". Anyway, all of the above info should keep your spammers at bay.

Good luck,

Don Carlson
PROBLEM SOLVER

Seriously... Do it.

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 09:42 PM

Welp

kahljorn Sep 30th, 2011 09:42 PM

how about a more advanced captcha instead

i don't want to lose all of our precious google links :(

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashO (Post 744690)
wat

PS: see you tomorrow.

would give you a pickle, but

Pram Maven Sep 30th, 2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 744907)

That won't work because a human can still join the site manually and automate their posts. It doesn't take much to set up a site. You have to hide the very reasons a spammer would want to advertise here, and that means killing the backlinks, which are a form of spam themselves (if only self-referential spam).

In summary, the Google links are what are encouraging the spammers in the first place.

Rongi Sep 30th, 2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 744907)

i didn't even know spambot technology has evolved to the point where captchas are now kind of useless.

is it possible that there are a bunch of chinese/indian people filling out those captchas and writing those ads themselves?

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 09:48 PM

PROBLEM SOLVER

Pram Maven Sep 30th, 2011 09:51 PM

Also, just in case you think I said that to rescue my search results, I've moved on and don't post as "Pram Maven", "prammaven", or "Don Carlson" anymore. The only thing I have to gain in this is the good feeling that comes from helping someone who is struggling.

Pram Maven Sep 30th, 2011 09:53 PM

With that, I'm out. -|-

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pram Maven (Post 744913)
Also, just in case you think I said that to rescue my search results, I've moved on and don't post as "Pram Maven", "prammaven", or "Don Carlson" anymore. The only thing I have to gain in this is the good feeling that comes from helping someone who is struggling.

:confused:

Emu Sep 30th, 2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pram Maven (Post 744914)
With that, I'm out. -|-

Alright dude looking forward to tomorrow's post.

Colonel Flagg Sep 30th, 2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pram Maven (Post 744914)
With that, I'm out. -|-

Don't believe it for a second.

Funny thing is that if he just let it go and posted what he knew (which is not funny) he would probably not get targeted so much.

Just my opinion, thinking out loud. He probably won't read this anyway. :\

Sam Sep 30th, 2011 10:27 PM

I THOUGHT THIS SHIT WAS OVER?
I AM AN IGNORANT FUCK.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 11:03 PM

YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 11:04 PM

TIME TO GET SHITFACED. NO BABY OR GIRLFRIEND.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2011 11:07 PM

QUIDDITCH MUGGINGS

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 11:23 PM

MUGDITCH QUIGINS

Fathom, did you get the Beta for BF3?