I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

TheCoolinator Apr 20th, 2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 681422)
Jesus Christ! Why is it so expensive??

I can't say for sure but I assume its because of two things, Scarcity and that Samurai Shodown 6 is included in the Anthology.

That's the first time in history that SS6 has reached the shores of the USA in a form that's not an import version.

Guitar Woman Apr 20th, 2010 04:52 PM

I finished Thief 2.

Actually, I didn't think it was as good as 1 or 3, mostly because the last three missions left an awful taste in my mouth. I really would have hated Casing the Joint/Masks less if it had just been a single mission; Garret's never had to visit a place in two separate nights in order to effectively rob the occupants blind and deaf before, and I don't see why he should have to now just because the house is full of super secret passages and security systems and shite. Plus, when you initially case the mansion you don't get many opportunities to steal anything really valuable, so the next mission is basically you running around the place butt naked against twice as many guards as the last time. Not impossible, but fucking annoying.

I didn't care for Sabotage, either, mostly because the Builder's Children are a left ass to deal with on Expert and can frequently one-shot you in total darkness with little or no warning. Still a good game otherwise, though, I think my favorite mission was the one where you run around the Lost City kidnapping Cavador under the Mechanist's noses.

Now I have to figure out how to get the original game to not shit itself inside out on XP, because I haven't finished that one either. The demo version seems to work fine when I only run it on one processor, but the full game won't.

DougClayton4231 Apr 20th, 2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 681423)
aparently Q2/2011 so 2011 already has 2 must have for me gears 3 and mvc 3 oh i love it also if you see the trailer closely you'll notice what looks like deadpools outline in marvels logo i hope he appear this time also it has the coolest subtitle ever fate of two worlds so FTW

I saw on one of the online posters that he is being included. I hope that all of the old characters make it back for #3 as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 681425)
I can't say for sure but I assume its because of two things, Scarcity and that Samurai Shodown 6 is included in the Anthology.

That's the first time in history that SS6 has reached the shores of the USA in a form that's not an import version.

I still haven't gotten to that one yet. So far my fav is either #1 or 2. I guess I'll have to check it out.

OxBlood Apr 22nd, 2010 04:44 AM

I think I´m about done with Just Cause 2...38 hours of fun are more than good for that kind of game.

Got God of War 3 from a friend and, as expected, it´s great. The sheer scale of things is really something else and it doesn´t even take it´s time to get to these giant confrontations, they´re there from minute one and don´t stop coming...

Oh and I think GOW3 must be the most brutal game I´ve played in a LONG time...some of it also seems really unneccessary but whatever, it´s not like Kratos is known for his Ikebana-skills and pleasant conversational abilities.

DougClayton4231 Apr 23rd, 2010 10:16 AM

I couldn't even get into Just Cause 2. The bad voiceacting and shitty pc controls were a complete turn-off for me. Why do people enjoy God Of War so much? I played through the first one and thought that it was very "meh" quality.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 23rd, 2010 10:18 AM

Bad Company 2....

WE SHOULD GO BY DEF SQUAD.

Dimnos Apr 23rd, 2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 681686)
Why do people enjoy God Of War so much? I played through the first one and thought that it was very "meh" quality.

I hear the series doesnt really shine until the 2nd one. What did you play it on? The original PS2 version or the remastered PS3 remake on the God of war collection? Not that they really changed anything but upping the graphics but that might help. :\

darkvare Apr 23rd, 2010 12:43 PM

anybody wanna play lost planet 2 mp demo on ps3 with me?

OxBlood Apr 23rd, 2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 681695)
I hear the series doesnt really shine until the 2nd one. What did you play it on? The original PS2 version or the remastered PS3 remake on the God of war collection? Not that they really changed anything but upping the graphics but that might help. :\

GOW3īs main attraction are the giant things you fight all the time. But in terms of gameplay, Devil may cry and especially Bayonetta is WAY better.

Dimnos Apr 23rd, 2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 681711)
But in terms of gameplay, Devil may cry and especially Bayonetta is WAY better.

:lol

Guitar Woman Apr 23rd, 2010 06:25 PM

Dimnos gets 10 points for correctness, DMC is horrible.

DougClayton4231 Apr 23rd, 2010 08:48 PM

DMC was horrible. I played some of God Of War 2 and hated it as well. The only game of that neo-beat em up genre that I actually enjoyed was Ninja Gaiden 2, and that was only because it was the most ridiculously difficult 360 game that I've played.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 24th, 2010 11:09 AM

I liked DMC. Halfway through DMC4 right now.

DougClayton4231 Apr 24th, 2010 03:33 PM

Never got through #4, the graphics were great though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 24th, 2010 04:11 PM

I skipped 2 but heard it was horrible. Played a few missions of 3.

I was thinking about getting SOTN for XBOX but I don't want to replay it again.

Sam Apr 24th, 2010 04:24 PM

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY JUST PLAY SOME BAD COMPANY 2

Esuohlim Apr 24th, 2010 05:20 PM

I haven't played a video game made in the last six years :smokin

ANOTHER PLAYTHROUGH OF SUPER MARIO RPG? DON'T MIND IF I DO

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 24th, 2010 05:40 PM

BAD COMPANY 2 TOMORROW. I'M GETTING THE MORTAR!

Milhouse: Have you ever gotten all the treasure chests? I always forget about the one in the entrance hallway where you have to jump on the toad walking while going up to the kings chamber in the beginning of the game.

MarioRPG Apr 24th, 2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 681822)
ANOTHER PLAYTHROUGH OF SUPER MARIO RPG? DON'T MIND IF I DO

I support this message.

Also, I started playing Harvest Moon again. The GBA one.

DougClayton4231 Apr 25th, 2010 08:17 AM

Super Mario RPG was amazing. I'm midway through Dragon Age, and just started about 5 other 360 games. I've got to stop mah downloadin'.

Fathom Zero Apr 25th, 2010 08:31 AM

Indeed. Between new movies, books, games, and applications, I'm spread all thin like the jelly on a bad PB&J.

Zhukov Apr 25th, 2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 681412)
I remember when Bloody Roar 2 came out I rented it from blockbuster. My mother wanted me to meet this girl who was a daughter of her friends that played vid games too. She was attractive and I happened to bring over Blood Roar 2 and she's like "I don't play fighting games, I only play [some lame games I don't remember]". I was like "Cool.......gotta go."

:lol

OxBlood Apr 25th, 2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 681741)
Dimnos gets 10 points for correctness, DMC is horrible.

I see it like this: 5, 6, 7 unique weapons and dozens of combos are better than 2 weapons and 4 combos.
That was always something I didnīt like about the GOW-Series, the fighting is not as much fun as it should be. Same with the third. 4 weapons, only two are noteworthy since the other two are just recycled chainblades again. Then again, GOW is of course a universe or two easier than any DMC-Game (except 4 which sucked and was boring and uninspired and 2 which doesnīt exist) so playing it is more relaxed.

I still think, the best game in this specific action-brawling-whatever-genre is Bayonetta.

Bought Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 yesterday for 20 bucks, a good investment. Wrestling is good fun, especially if you canīt watch any real Wrestling over here. The only stupid thing is that I donīt know any of these bland guys...they all look so...normal...what happened to the colorful people with the nice costumes I wonder... :lol seems like a lot has happened in the last 10 years.

darkvare Apr 25th, 2010 01:23 PM

well you can wait for AAA lucha libre game by televisa home entertainment

Sam Apr 25th, 2010 01:32 PM

I'm so going to be La Parka.