I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 01:14 PM

you've been gone far too long

regale us with tales

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 01:19 PM

DAMMIT KHAL, CALM DOWN LONG ENOUGH TO GET UNBANNED, JESUS

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 01:22 PM

Holy shit BTC, awesome. post more stuff

bigtimecow Aug 2nd, 2011 02:05 PM

here are some other cool projects my lab (http://robotics.cs.uml.edu/) has been doing:

and then there's the artbotics program (http://www.artbotics.org/) which i teach to high school students and college students:

i also made all of the videos using my imovie and newgrounds audio portal search engine skillz

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 02:09 PM

I know way too many people that are cooler than me.

bigtimecow Aug 2nd, 2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 735020)
you've been gone far too long

regale us with tales

so from august to december 2010 i worked for a robotics company (they make a lot of home robots and military robots). i was part of their education outreach program, and basically myself + someone else were hired to go to schools throughout massachusetts and give presentations about the world of robots and demo a few robots. it was pretty fun, good pay, and now i get to put it on my resume so yay. HOWEVER, the woman who was my partner for this project was...

a mormon. her being a mormon was not the problem, but i feel that it contributed to my aggravation with her. so when i got hired it was told to me via e-mail, and the other woman (whom i shall call julie from now on) was CC'd on the message. i decided to try to get a preview of who my partner was going to be, so i did a facebook search for this julie + last name. i found one result, and the first thing i see when i go to julie's profile is under favorite books it has only one entry: the bible. i don't ascribe to any religion by any means, but i could sense that this was going to define something about her.

so whatever, i start the job and we meet and she seems nice enough. almost too cheery, like super duper excited about everything, never swears, just seems way to uppity for me. for the first month we trained and made the presentation and learned how to use the robots we were to demo and everything was (pretty much) fine, minus a few little nuances about her personality that just bugged the shit out of me. we go off, give our first couple of presentations and they go over really great. then on the third day of presentations she makes me want to dive head first off of the stage and crack my fucking head open...

when we begin our presentations we start by introducing ourselves, the company, what we're gonna be talking about and showing them, etc. now, in transition to our next slide where we start showing actual robots and showing movies and stuff, she goes:

"adam and i, we love robots. but you know what else we love? you guys! because you guys are the future!"

my jaw almost dropped the first time she did this, as every child in the audience (i believe they were middle schoolers) just burst out in laughter. i had to somehow recoup from this and just continued with the presentation like it never happened. she continued this trend for the rest of our time working together, and i never felt like i could communicate the correct way to tell her to not say it. what was worse, was sometimes our presentations were only to say 10 kids in a classroom as opposed to an auditorium, and she pulled the same line to a group of HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. i almost fucking died.

the thing that urked me the most, was that julie was working on her education masters degree, and i just could not believe how disconnected she was with the world that she didn't realize how absolutely retarded she was making us look. i somehow feel that her being a mormon added to this behavior

YAY

Kitsa Aug 2nd, 2011 02:29 PM

I had a boss like that, hated that woman

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 02:51 PM

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 02:55 PM

That sound like the worst thing ever, short of her pulling a gun on you.

bigtimecow Aug 2nd, 2011 03:39 PM

oh, part of our presentation involved talking about robot "commands" and i remember sometimes she would say "commandments" which i thought was hilarious

Esuohlim Aug 2nd, 2011 03:45 PM

GW you should have watched Rushmore for Jason Schwartzmann. He's pretentious and you would identify with that fucker

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 04:00 PM

I've hated that guy for years. You can get a good whiff of that pretentiousness just by looking at him.

Dimnos Aug 2nd, 2011 04:20 PM

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 04:22 PM

I love that montage. Especially Bill Murray walking with the bolt cutters.

Tanuki Aug 2nd, 2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 735009)
I read about this recently - a kid who has allergic reactions to everything is using it to attend school. Beats the "bubble boy" all to hell.

wait what
I want to know more.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 2nd, 2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 735046)
I've hated that guy for years. You can get a good whiff of that pretentiousness just by looking at him.

I think you hate his whole family......meanwhile I love his whole family.

Also, GW should have watched Slackers.

The only movie I don't like with Jason Schwartzman in it is Marie Antoinette

edit: wrong title

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 06:08 PM

Fuck this guy. Fuck him and double fuck him for liking R.A. Salvatore and Keystone Light, fucking nerdy idiot.

non-sequitur

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 06:13 PM

Sweater vest wearing hipster douche.

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 09:39 PM

What do the pickles under our avatars represent?

creeposaurus Aug 2nd, 2011 09:40 PM

When I die and go to hell, Jason Schwartzman is going to be at the entrance to greet me

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 735087)
What do the pickles under our avatars represent?

epeen

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 09:46 PM

Just post count nonsense?

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 09:50 PM

rep nonsense. Those scales on the top-right corner of people's posts.

MattJack Aug 2nd, 2011 09:58 PM

Oh. So, if people don't like you then you get red pickles, but if they do like you then green pickles?

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 10:01 PM

that's how it works or something.

Message boreds suck