I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Guitar Woman Apr 1st, 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 716566)
Another thing I learned today. Hunter S. Thompson was cool because of his look. His writing is not to be considered when trying to emulate him.

His writing style is brilliant, but no, I don't attempt to emulate it. I write what comes naturally to me, not other people.

Tadao Apr 1st, 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 716565)
You... haven't been reading anything I've been saying, huh?

Why would I come to a comedy forum to read boring ass text about why you think you are not a douche bag.

I came here to play. What the fuck is wrong with you GW. Maybe it's not the site that isn't fun, maybe it's you that is keeping yourself from having fun.

Oh geez, WAY TO BE A FUCKING DOWNER ON APRIL FOOLS DAY.

Guitar Woman Apr 1st, 2011 02:50 PM

Right, so I was completely correct about how immature and retarded you are. Thanks.

Tadao Apr 1st, 2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 716567)
Well, no, of course you haven't been reading my posts, you're just an old tweaker spoiling for a fight, childishly slapping your ass and chanting schoolyard taunt songs.

Spoiling for a fight? Oh god, how ironic of you to use old timey speak.

Guitar Woman Apr 1st, 2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao
ironic!
ironic!
IRONIC
IRONY
ironic

Tadao Apr 1st, 2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 716570)
Right, so I was completely correct about how immature and retarded you are. Thanks.

I'm glad you found your dads pants and all, to bad he was probably a depressing little shit from Portland as well. You should move.

Guitar Woman Apr 1st, 2011 02:58 PM

I was thinking Australia, a place that's cool as hell, but they're pretty huge bastards about video games down there.

Also, kratom's illegal. Fuck that, no way I'm giving up my best chemical friend in the world.

Tadao Apr 1st, 2011 03:13 PM

They are also very racist, so you can forget about hooking up with anyone other than white.

Guitar Woman Apr 1st, 2011 03:14 PM

Relationships are an overrated waste of time, so I'd be fine if there were no women on the enitre continent.

Not gay.

Otto Apr 1st, 2011 05:48 PM

I have never tried kratom, I think it's time to head on down to my local head shop.

Kitsa Apr 1st, 2011 07:15 PM

Not too long ago, I did read something by someone who was trying to half-emulate Hunter S. Thompson and the other half was maybe Tom Wolfe or some such shit. It was so annoying and miserable I couldn't get through five pages.

Otto Apr 1st, 2011 07:58 PM

I love some of Thompson's work, but I have to admit I find myself full of contempt for people that try to emulate his writing. Plus cigarette holders, aviator shades and safari hats make people look goofy as fuck.

What was it that you tried to read, Kitsa?

Kitsa Apr 1st, 2011 08:03 PM

This.

It was absolutely godawful, the part that I tried to read (which was an advance copy sort of so maybe he changed something, but I doubt it). It was immediately obvious that Liberties Were Taken and it was just basically painful to even attempt.

I also have one hell of a hard time with people who take themselves too seriously, and he does.

Kitsa Apr 1st, 2011 08:07 PM

Also, the only person who could ever truly pull off HST was HST. Now people should stop. The jersey has been retired.

I read something about Bill Murray and Johnny Depp both becoming assholes after staying with him to do research for the biopics. They did okay in their own way, but people just focus on the wacky and lose sight of the whole picture.

I think one of my favorite HST events was the interview in which he was trying to speak rationally and calmly to a crazed Hell's Angel who was heckling him. You don't see any of that Hunter S. Thompson in all of the reenactments.

Chojin Apr 1st, 2011 09:35 PM

gw has gotten much better at MOCK WARRRRing

MarioRPG Apr 1st, 2011 09:41 PM

It's shameful how long that it took me to log in to this place just because I couldn't do it off the main page. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't worth it, however.
e: esp after reading this page and the one before it.

Tadao Apr 1st, 2011 10:05 PM

Remember 2 pages ago when this place was so much more fun, we'll never get back to the good old days of two pages ago.

executioneer Apr 1st, 2011 10:10 PM

nostalgia isn't what it used to be #thingsyogiberramighthavesaid

Guitar Woman Apr 1st, 2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 716592)
Remember 2 pages ago when this place was so much more fun, we'll never get back to the good old days of two pages ago.

Ok, this was funny.

MAYBE YOU'RE NOT SUCH A BAD GUY AFTER ALL.

Dimnos Apr 1st, 2011 11:55 PM

Awww... You guys are going to make up. :)

kahljorn Apr 2nd, 2011 12:17 AM

THIS SHITS SO GONZXO

executioneer Apr 2nd, 2011 12:26 AM

oh man what if gonzo from the muppet show did a hunter s thompson impression

HOLY SHIT

Esuohlim Apr 2nd, 2011 01:29 AM

:lol

SECRAT EDIT:
Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Apr 2nd, 2011 01:40 AM

People don't know the difference between the James Bond Theme and the 007 Theme. It makes it a bitch to find the later on Youtube.

Chojin Apr 2nd, 2011 01:45 AM

the theme is switched back now. i hope all 6 of you affected appreciated this little event.