I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LET'S ARGUE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697142)

noob3 Aug 2nd, 2007 06:27 PM

LET'S ARGUE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

yeah, maybe if the wii had games that people could play for more than 10 minutes it'd overheat too

fag

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob3 (Post 498377)
yeah, maybe if the wii had games that people could play for more than 10 minutes it'd overheat too

fag

???

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 07:23 PM

I'll take average games over good games that have a chance of getting a complete perfect circular scratch because Microsoft didnt feel like putting buffer pads near the lens.

noob3 Aug 2nd, 2007 07:59 PM

come back when your parents can afford you a real console, then we'll talk. okay?

Chojin Aug 2nd, 2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 498210)
That would be because the Wii is as graphically powerful as the Gamecube, which is the problem.

Nope. The original devkit released for Wii was just a GameCube, which is why the first generation titles aren't as impressive as they could (should) be.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showt...t=68776&page=1

TIGHTEN UP THE GRAFIX

Chojin Aug 2nd, 2007 08:06 PM

Also, I do earnestly hope you homos enjoy your exorbitantly-priced living room PCs before publishers cut all the projects for them. I'll let you know what all the games that come out this next year are like, ok?

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob3 (Post 498383)
come back when your parents can afford you a real console, then we'll talk. okay?

Your right sir, I dream of the day that I too can be the proud owner of my own personal video game console/overactive radiator. Until then I'll just peddle my ice cream down the street.

http://www.electronista.com/articles....failure.rate/
LOL one in 3. You know how crazy that is? Thats like saying alright kids you can have youre super deluxe ice cream....but one of em is arsenic.

noob3 Aug 2nd, 2007 08:12 PM

enjoy your exorbitantly-priced motion sensing gamecube

and if your wii died, nintendo would probably tell you to fuck off! microsoft will send me a new one AND a free gift! free gifts, guys!

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 08:17 PM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=168471

Motion-sensing Gamecube FTW. Btw, in recent years when has Nintendo ever put out a bad product or said fuck you to their customers?

Chojin Aug 2nd, 2007 08:18 PM

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Nintendo...ockingly_right

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 498396)

Thanks for support i guess. Btw exorbitantly i had to actually break my dictionary out on that one.

LoL WordWeb online definition: exorbitantly:to an exorbitant degree.I was taught not to use the word in the definition.

Chojin Aug 2nd, 2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

enjoy your exorbitantly-priced motion sensing gamecube
Actually, my money and I are enjoying my motion-sensing gamecube right now! Enjoy your sucker-sensing fire hazard!

I actually hope to get a 360 this year for Smackdown VS Raw 08 (i know it's coming out on Wii too, but it looks terrible). BUT I FULLY EXPECT IT TO BLOW UP OK

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 498399)
Actually, my money and I are enjoying my motion-sensing gamecube right now! Enjoy your sucker-sensing fire hazard!

I actually hope to get a 360 this year for Smackdown VS Raw 08 (i know it's coming out on Wii too, but it looks terrible). BUT I FULLY EXPECT IT TO BLOW UP OK

I stopped playing wrestling games because theyre just like madden games were they add a new roster, plus i like UFC better. Just my opinion.

Chojin Aug 2nd, 2007 08:36 PM

your opinion is WRONG

the Smackdown series adds something big to the engine every game. Though I do hate how some of the animations they use have been used for 5 games now, and how they somehow make the create-a-wrestler worse in every game.

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2007 08:40 PM

I dunno what everyone is bitching about. I've never had a problem with my 360 and I also bought a faceplate pack for it with 12 different decepticons :O

The only time I play my wii is when I play virtual console games. There's no point in getting games for it that are also on 360 because shittier graphics and motion sensing shit doesn't impress me too much. Super paper mario looks fun though. I dunno about the 20 mario games for it though.

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 2nd, 2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 498404)
your opinion is WRONG

the Smackdown series adds something big to the engine every game. Though I do hate how some of the animations they use have been used for 5 games now, and how they somehow make the create-a-wrestler worse in every game.

If you're trying to make me cry...you did.
I just hope Jack Thompson doesn't sue Smackdown for you're sake because the create a fighter mode can make it look like him..:|.
http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6165

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeful Asparagus (Post 498395)
Btw, in recent years when has Nintendo ever put out a bad product or said fuck you to their customers?

Gamecube. Network. Adaptor.

Especially in America, Nintendo has always fucked up the networkable aspect.
Whereas Japan got all the networky goodness, even in the N64 days when there was an add-on that included a modem.

There've been plenty of first party games from Nintendo that could've had online play, but none have been used to their full potential.

EndersGame Aug 3rd, 2007 01:06 AM

Adding a modem to something doesn't make it "better" . Saying that the N64 in Japan had a modem doesn't mean it worked, had use, or even made life more enjoyable. I cant remember a time when I've been playing on my 360 and wanted to keep my headphones on.

Besides, the online abortion that is PS3's "online experience" came from "Japan's networky goodness". That is too say, good like burning a bag of cats.

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 3rd, 2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 498448)
Gamecube. Network. Adaptor.

Especially in America, Nintendo has always fucked up the networkable aspect.
Whereas Japan got all the networky goodness, even in the N64 days when there was an add-on that included a modem.

There've been plenty of first party games from Nintendo that could've had online play, but none have been used to their full potential.

I heard Phantasy Star was alright. Nintendo didn't really market the online aspect. But yea ill definitely give that to you.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2007 01:32 AM

It's not that they didn't market it.

It's that people wanting it, correction, STILL WANTING IT, and have been denied. I want it. And I want intigration like in the 360.

Yes, I know that the 360 is nothing like the Wii and comparing one to another is like apples to oranges or Franzia to Bordeaux varieties, but I think that the Xbox took online console gaming to the point it is today, the standard.

I want one central "gamertag" under which you can message other people and all the other sorts of social fuctions you'd come to expect. But under Nintendo, we've come to expect much less.

I do not want these damn game-specific friend codes and you have all these numbers instead of just one name. One name for all your games you've played, everything you've downloaded, and you and your console.

Granted, Phantasy Star Online is good and well deserving of it's large fan-base.

But I still think the Miis are fucking retarded.

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 3rd, 2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 498484)
It's not that they didn't market it.

It's that people wanting it, correction, STILL WANTING IT, and have been denied. I want it. And I want intigration like in the 360.

Yes, I know that the 360 is nothing like the Wii and comparing one to another is like apples to oranges or Franzia to Bordeaux varieties, but I think that the Xbox took online console gaming to the point it is today, the standard.

I want one central "gamertag" under which you can message other people and all the other sorts of social fuctions you'd come to expect. But under Nintendo, we've come to expect much less.

I do not want these damn game-specific friend codes and you have all these numbers instead of just one name. One name for all your games you've played, everything you've downloaded, and you and your console.

Granted, Phantasy Star Online is good and well deserving of it's large fan-base.

But I still think the Miis are fucking retarded.

The little "friend codes":\ are so u can only play with people u know. It also prevents flaming by one group onto that person and from pedophiles from stalking kids, but yea they defiantly need a gamer tag. I don't care if a 68 year old is offering me candy in a van.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2007 02:07 AM

1) If people are flaming you, you were doing something considered rude by them, they're pricks, or you're just a bastard.

2) Anyone with the mental competancy equivalent to that of someone with assburgers knows safe internet usage. You shouldn't let 6 year old Timmy play online with the big people on Halo anyway.

3) Strangers with candy is the best.

I mean that both ways.

EndersGame Aug 3rd, 2007 06:33 AM

lol.....its not spelled assburgers.......its spelled "aspergers".............thats the funniest shit ive seen someone spell wrong in a long time.........learn to check your spelling.....or not and keep the laughs coming :D

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 3rd, 2007 10:48 AM

Assburgers sounds funnier.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2007 01:19 PM

Thank you. I just thought of it on the spur of the moment.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeful Asparagus (Post 498372)
No love for wii? At least wii doesn't have a failure rate like the 360 does.

Go pound sand. I bet you don't even have a 360. I also bet that if I looked, I could find Wii failure rate numbers. People are willing to overlook 'em because of the Wii's "innovation."

I shouldn't really be saying anything about the Wii 'cause I don't have it yet. But I will. It's only $250.

noob3 Aug 3rd, 2007 02:45 PM

http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69697142

some how this was in this thread, and got moved

noob3 Aug 3rd, 2007 02:52 PM

I still don't know why Chojin called my 360 exorbitantly priced PC when a PC that could run 360 games would cost 1000+ dollars!

Chojin, if you do get a 360, find a nice spot for it. If you keep it in a cool area, it won't overheat. It's when people have it right side up, on the carpet that it over heats. You have to let it breeeaaathe!

AND I GUESS SINCE WE SHOULD ALL ABANDON ARE I-MOCKER USERNAMES IN FAVOUR OF NUMBERS SO WE WON'T GET FLAMED OR STALKED, AM I RIGHT? HOLD ON, LET ME ENTER MY FRIEND'S CODES INDIVIDUALLY SO I CAN TALK TO THEM ABOUT HOW AWESOME THE 360 IS!

Atari Dragon Aug 3rd, 2007 03:01 PM

I Have both consoles and i can asure you that both wii and 360 both are awesome.

Zomboid Aug 3rd, 2007 03:09 PM

I also have both and can assure you that only the 360 is awesome.

noob3 Aug 3rd, 2007 05:10 PM

Don't let me fool you, guys. I WILL be purchasing a Wii when SSBB comes out. And then, MAYBE, I will pick up Paper Mario & Pokemon Battle Revolutions! Also, Umbrella Chronicles looks good.

Pretty much it will be a glorified Cubivore/RE1 Remake/RE0 player that also plays SSBB.

Hurray!

But for now I'll play FUN GAMES like GEARS OF WAR & DEADRISING THX BYE

noob3 Aug 3rd, 2007 05:18 PM

Can you please tell us something we don't already goddamn knoW?

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 3rd, 2007 06:04 PM

What my opinion? Yea, maybe. Or I'm just mad that i don't have a video game
console/ frying pan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLabc...elated&search=

*looks into distance* Good Lord, the Microsoft Fan boys, and their coming

right for me!

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2007 06:22 PM

I hate to tell you this, but shit breaks.

It happens.

Nothing may have ever broken with you, but I've had 3 PS2s, 2 N64s, 2 Playstations, 0 Gamecubes, and none of my Xbox's have broken on me.

I've had to replace that which has been broken numerous times.

You should always keep any electonics or computers in a well-ventilated area. Period.

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 3rd, 2007 06:34 PM

Nothing against u Fathom, but the egg frying video has the guy with an xbox

with the case off. I know someones gonna say "LoL silly Asparagus, he

overheated it then took the case off".

*On a side note, this pizza I'm eating is the most fucking delicious thing ever.

noob3 Aug 3rd, 2007 07:01 PM

GUESS WHAT, DUMB FUCK. ELECTRONICS TYPICALLY GENERATE HEAT.

get the fuck over it. have fun playing mario party 8, a gamecube game & the worst MK of all time

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 3rd, 2007 07:05 PM

Enough to fry an egg? Without the case on it?

Whatever I came to this thread to talk about the new Resident Evils.

Girl Drink Drunk Aug 3rd, 2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 498550)
I also have both and can assure you that only the 360 is awesome.

I bet you are sad about that.

Atari Dragon Aug 4th, 2007 01:51 PM

Sniperwuld delivered a zing!

RaNkeri Aug 4th, 2007 02:00 PM

You're all nothing but faggy fan boys

Atari Dragon Aug 4th, 2007 02:14 PM

you are nothing but an ass

ArrowX Aug 4th, 2007 02:34 PM

I'm gonna go enjoy playing with my friends without the need for a different million number long passcode for each one of my games.

Chojin Aug 4th, 2007 06:44 PM

Jesus avatar guy, the friend code system doesn't prevent you from playing with people outside your group of friends. All it does is let you set up matches specifically with people whose friend codes you've saved - otherwise, you can still set up matches with randomly-picked strangers.

I don't like the friend code system or the way that Nintendo's handled online play, but I take issue with the statement that XBox live is the 'standard' - if it's the only service that offers online play as well as it does, doesn't that make it 'well above standard'? Compared to PSN, Steam, et al, I'd say that Nintendo's online strategy is 'slightly below standard'.

Chojin Aug 4th, 2007 06:46 PM

Also noob, I see the Wii being exactly what the PS2 was last generation - the primary system for game releases, the new home of shovelware, and the console of choice for any company that develops games without million-dollar budgets.

Emu Aug 4th, 2007 11:34 PM

I plan to buy a PS2 next week

thebiggameover Aug 5th, 2007 02:43 AM

as soon as game makers figure out how to use the wiimote w/o making me feel like i have down syndrome ill get a wii......

also PS3 IS TEH SUXXORS or however you fags say it....

GADZOOKS Aug 5th, 2007 04:25 PM

I had 1000 dollars and after reading this thread I am going to use it to buy a prostitute. I'm sitting this "generation" out and getting my dick sucked.

Cfr5 Aug 6th, 2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 498686)
I plan to buy a PS2 next week

Attaboy, Emu.

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2007 05:29 PM

I bet you're totally sure the Wii is icy-fucking-cold. Macbooks get that hot, too.

Without fans and stuff, that is. That's why NASA invented coolants.

Guitar Woman Aug 6th, 2007 06:46 PM

So when did I-Mockery's Gaming section get replaced by 4chan's /v/ board?

Chojin Aug 6th, 2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 498945)
I bet you're totally sure the Wii is icy-fucking-cold. Macbooks get that hot, too.

The Wii uses 22W of electricity at peak usage times. It doesn't get as hot as other systems. Or very many other things.

Quote:

I hate to tell you this, but shit breaks.

It happens.
I don't really know how to respond to this. If you think it's great that your systems blow up all the time, then more power to you? Why should other people accept that?

Quote:

GUESS WHAT, DUMB FUCK. ELECTRONICS TYPICALLY GENERATE HEAT.
YOU MAKE A VALUABLE POINT HERE. FIRE ALSO PRODUCES HEAT, THEREFORE FIRE IS AN ACCEPTABLE MEANS OF POWERING A GAME CONSOLE. ICE IS ALSO COLD AND WATER IS SOOTHING, THEREFORE EVERYONE WILL LIVE IN CHILLED AQUARIUMS IN THE FUTURE.

Quote:

have fun playing mario party 8, a gamecube game & the worst MK of all time
...and super paper mario, and mario strikers charged, and wii sports, and metroid prime 3, and mario galaxy, and super smash bros, and mario kart, all by this January. And that's only the first-party releases.

Guitar Woman Aug 6th, 2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 498951)
So when did I-Mockery's Gaming section get replaced by 4chan's /v/ board?

Seriously

Next thing I know you faggots will start worshipping FF9 and Tales of Symphonia as HOLY DISCS OF PERFECTION that can never be challenged ever and at the same time dismiss Chrono Cross and Shadow of the Colossus as second rate crap that was garbage when it was new. What is wrong with you people

Chojin Aug 6th, 2007 06:55 PM

I played a little ff9 and got bored :< and I've never played tales of symphonia but it sounds like a furry adventure ;<

Guitar Woman Aug 6th, 2007 06:58 PM

Chrono Cross has a furry as the bad guy, except he doesn't deserve to die in a fire because he is a body-stealing time-devouring badass.

Chojin Aug 6th, 2007 07:01 PM

I hated chrono cross because it was boring as all hell and kills off all of the likeable characters from the last game for ultimately no reason.

RaNkeri Aug 6th, 2007 07:26 PM

I personally didn't really hate Chrono Cross. It's still a great rpg, although it surely was a let down when compared to Chrono Trigger. :/

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 498952)
I don't really know how to respond to this. If you think it's great that your systems blow up all the time, then more power to you? Why should other people accept that?

Who's saying mine blew up? Nothing is wrong with it yet.

It ate two discs, but it was my brothers' fault. They threw a tantrum the day we got it and started kicking it while it is running. I don't think anyone would put any console in a situation like that where it has to have kick prevention.

We will see which of our consoles breaks down first. Your Wii or my 360.

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2007 07:41 PM

I just realized something profound and it's probably been circulating in my head for a while.

How can we even begin to compare Nintendo's Wii to the 360 and PS3?

They're fundamentally different on all levels. They're marketed to a different, (and wider), audience. The control schemes are vastly different. In terms of horsepower, they are very very very different.

It's almost as if they were from different generations of consoles.

They are incomparable on those grounds. They are two extremely different gaming experiences and, as I said before, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Chojin Aug 6th, 2007 08:04 PM

Because people have a finite amount of money and they're all video game consoles. Are you retarded or something?

GADZOOKS Aug 6th, 2007 08:46 PM

You can apparently get a really good prostitute for 1000 dollars! Ones that shave!

MLE Aug 6th, 2007 08:49 PM

I'll have to take a note of that :posh

Guitar Woman Aug 6th, 2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 498958)
I hated chrono cross because it was boring as all hell and kills off all of the likeable characters from the last game for ultimately no reason.

Mabye, but it's still better than pretty much every other 3D JRPG ever

Emu Aug 7th, 2007 12:20 AM

I prefer CC to CT

Vengeful Asparagus Aug 7th, 2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 498983)
You can apparently get a really good prostitute for 1000 dollars! Ones that shave!

God bless America!

EndersGame Aug 7th, 2007 06:36 AM

This conversation is taking a turn into the surreal......when did we move from video games and the pointless debate over them, to prostitutes shaving themselves and costs of said "ladies of the night" PS3 SUCKS!!

(btw here in the Northwest hookers dont cost much...just some dignity....craigslist ftw?)

thebiggameover Aug 7th, 2007 05:47 PM

welcome to i-mockery!

also, tos was good, but it will never be as good as its 2D fathers......

Supafly345 Aug 8th, 2007 04:42 AM

Since I like fun games, I would so get a wii if I didn't already have a system.

noob3 Aug 8th, 2007 05:08 AM

stupid gadzooks, u could have stuck ur dick in a 360 for less than half of the price you paid! they get nice & hot too, yum!!!

GADZOOKS Aug 8th, 2007 06:01 AM

Videogames are for children, AND THE CHILDREN SHALL INHERIT THE EA

Seven Force Aug 9th, 2007 12:10 AM

Wiis are for kids! Are you a kid? I guess so!

Emu Aug 9th, 2007 12:12 AM

Seven Force get out of our play pen and get back to your job and your tax returns you fucking adult

Seven Force Aug 9th, 2007 12:20 AM

yeah you kids have fun wavin your little wii sticks at each other like in first grade

Matt Harty Sep 23rd, 2007 01:50 PM

Yeah you enjoy your xbox 360

Guitar Woman Sep 23rd, 2007 07:11 PM

WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE PS TRIPLE?

eggyolk Sep 23rd, 2007 07:31 PM

Why don't you contribute to the conversation?

Emu Sep 23rd, 2007 07:56 PM

Because I'm not spending 500 dollars on a system to play Lair. No thanks.

HickMan Sep 23rd, 2007 11:13 PM

They have LAME games! duh

MetalMilitia Sep 25th, 2007 06:06 PM

Just whatever you do don't buy a Wii unless you enjoy lame Nintendo tech demos and ported PS2 games that kinda-sorta-notreally work with the gimmicky POS wiimote. Oh and don't forget the 'retro' (aka shitty old) games that you got bored of 10 years ago but can now, through the magic of technology, pay for again.

Chojin Sep 26th, 2007 10:45 PM

http://www.infendo.com/wii/wii-bingo/#more-4245

Dr. Boogie Sep 27th, 2007 12:18 AM

Be honest now, who saw the title of this thread and DIDN'T think it was going to devolve into another faggy console wars thread?

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2007 06:11 PM

Spoilers for idiots still engaging in console wars.

Fathom Zero Sep 27th, 2007 07:53 PM

Because you don't own any one of them.

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2007 08:52 PM

I'm getting a Wii. It's got a grand total of 1 game I want at this point, but at least it won't blow up in my face!

Fathom Zero Sep 27th, 2007 09:16 PM

Neither will a 360.

In fact, it's just as likely your Wii will break.

GODDAMNIT, I'm tired of this. Emu: You want a 360, get the Premium. It's exactly what you want for what you need.

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2007 09:22 PM

OK THEN IF YOU'RE GONNA BE LIKE THAT I DON'T WANNA PLAY A BUNCH OF SHOOTAN GAEMS AND PAY A YEARLY FEE FOR LITTLE KIDS TO SHOUT THE N WORD AT ME ON GEARS OF WAR

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2007 09:38 PM

Seriously, if I wanted a bunch of idiots to yell at me about pointless shit I'd just hang out on 4chan and I-Mockery for free.

Which I do all the time anyway!

HickMan Sep 29th, 2007 04:16 PM

4CHAN SUCKS YOU JERK STOP GOING ON IT YOU B-TARD I HATE THAT PLACE ITS'S SO POINTLESS JEEZ THATS ALL IMMORTAL GOAT DOES AND IT DRIVES ME CRAZY

Guitar Woman Sep 29th, 2007 05:08 PM

I'm starting to loathe it, don't worry!

Guitar Woman Sep 29th, 2007 08:41 PM

So I reviewed this thread and decided that you all should take a look at THIS.

Also Fathom Zero is the most retarded Microsoft fanboy I've ever seen in my life.

Even my friend Teddy isn't as bad as you, at least he can admit to the thing being a fucking piece of shit because it melts itself down every two weeks.

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 505768)
Also Fathom Zero is the most retarded Microsoft fanboy I've ever seen in my life.

Holy fuck, did you ever miss the target. I'm a Sony fanboy, jerk.

I just happen to have strong opinions about consoles I OWN. 6 Months and still not melted or otherwise!

Guitar Woman Sep 29th, 2007 09:50 PM

That tends to happen when you fix the manufacturer's fuckups yourself!

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2007 10:31 PM

I haven't broken the seal yet, you goddamn moron.

Chojin Sep 29th, 2007 10:56 PM

But your use of the word 'yet' indicates that you acknowledge the inevitability of the venture!

Guitar Woman Sep 29th, 2007 10:59 PM

Then what was that a few pages back where you went into a PASSIONATE DEFENSE of the console because you can fix it yourself?

DO YOU EVEN KNOW IF IT WORKS, OR ARE YOU JUST A LIAR

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2007 11:02 PM

I've opened every console I've owned, so yes, Chojin. But that's just side-skirting what you said. So, after the warranty is up and they've given me my fixed/new console because the old one breaks, I will indeed modify the X-Clamps.

Provided, of course, they don't fix the problem by then.

My 360 should work, I just played EDF not one hour ago. And I'd like to see those quotes of things I've said. I'd also like to mention that anyone, WITH PROPER KNOWLEDGE, should be able to fix anything, thus making said problem a non-issue.

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2007 11:11 PM

Nevermind about that last bit. I realize now that what may be good for someone may not be for someone else.

Chojin Sep 30th, 2007 06:10 AM

This is true. But really, with lines like "Anyone, with proper knowledge, should be able to fix anything, thus making said problem a non-issue," do you really need proof that you said something asinine in the past, prior to a few hours ago?

By the way, my Wii is making strange noises when we play MySims, but during no other game. It's coming from the disc drive, though I have no idea if the Wii is supposed to be that loud. My guess is NO, and I called Nintendo to get a UPS shipping label sent to me. It arrived a few days ago (about 2 days after I made the call), and I was told that it would take about 3-4 days to get to Nintendo, 3-4 days to repair, and then another 3-4 days to get it back - At most 2 weeks, total, with no proof whatsover that something was wrong. When I called Nintendo, they had Smash Bros. music for the hold music and warned that my wait time could be UPWARDS OF FIVE MINUTES but thank god it was only like two or something. I told the guy that it was making strange noises while playing MySims and he said 'Oh, really? Is that game any good?' and we talked a bit about it. I offered to let him listen to the noises after he'd submit my repair order, and he was all 'What was that?' (it sounds like a hamster trying to escape a habitrail). However, the system still works fine and is just making noises in that one game, and I'm afraid to send it out because we use it too much (between MySims and Mario Strikers Charged and Metroid Prime 3, I don't think there's a day that it doesn't go used).

Compare this to Microsoft's service, wherein you can expect to wait AT LEAST a month to get your system back, and it is virtually guaranteed to break (if it wasn't, they wouldn't have extended the warranty to 3 years. Shut up.). I don't know if you have to pay to ship it to them in the first place, but my money is on 'of course.' Our friend Chris is going through this issue at the moment (they've had his box for at least a month and a half), and so far has yet to play his copy of Halo 3 due to their shitty turn-around time.

I also ordered a new set of 4 Wii straps from Nintendo's web site a few weeks ago, for free (I heard they had released new models of straps from Infendo). They arrived within the week. This is my second set from Nintendo, and these have a lil locking mechanism. They're cute.

Chojin Sep 30th, 2007 06:12 AM

Also you can suck my wireless dongle vis-a-vis your 'I HAVE NO TIME TO ARGUE WITH FOOLS TO WHOM THIS KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT CONCERN OR APPLY' remark, as I fully intend on getting a 360 when they fix the very real problems with their console.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2007 03:08 PM

Fair enough.

Is your game broken or scratched, though? My 360 does that with EDF and only EDF. Perhaps the 360 and Wii use the same brand of drive or the data is stored in the same pattern on the disc. Hmmmm.

How is MySims, by the way?

EisigerBiskuit Sep 30th, 2007 03:27 PM

I CAN MAKE ALL 3 CONSOLES USING MY PC