I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Danny Phantom (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701483)

Durrsomething Jan 16th, 2009 06:43 PM

Danny Phantom

A fun Ghostbusters-esque show that started to get slowly better in Season 3 untill Nickelodeon canned it to focus on Fagatar: The Last Shitbender and that unoriginal piece of shit Ben 10 stole it's plot, popularity and merchandise causing it do end with a shitty giant meteor crisis for a finale

ZeldaQueen Jan 16th, 2009 06:47 PM

I did like Danny Phantom. Had the goofiness of Fairly Odd Parents but still had some seriousness to it. Did you see the special?

DevilWearsPrada Jan 16th, 2009 07:08 PM

Dude.

Shut up.

captain516 Jan 17th, 2009 05:22 PM

How old are you Durrsomething?

Guitar Woman Jan 17th, 2009 05:42 PM

I like Avatar.

ZeldaQueen Jan 17th, 2009 09:50 PM

I like Dora the Explorer, but only because it's so much fun to MST3K-ize. She'll ask a question like "Can a go-kart go down a river?" and I'll shout at the screen "Sure, but it won't work afterwards".

And for the record, I only do this when I'm ill and confined to the sofa.

LordSappington Jan 17th, 2009 10:25 PM

You're not so great at doing the MST3K.
I still crack up when I think of Joel yelling 'Move her spine around a lot!' to some paramedics.

ZeldaQueen Jan 18th, 2009 12:15 AM

Well, at the time I had the flu and my main source of nutrients were Pedialite, lemon-lime Gatorade, and Saltine crackers.

And I never saw that episode of MST3K. Which one was it?

Nick Jan 18th, 2009 07:13 AM

Ugh, Nicktoons.

Fathom Zero Jan 18th, 2009 12:00 PM

ZeldaQueen Jan 18th, 2009 03:50 PM

Okay, that I never saw before. What is it from?

Guitar Woman Jan 18th, 2009 10:14 PM

Flapjack

ZeldaQueen Jan 18th, 2009 11:28 PM

Ah.

Last time I was confined with the flu (eighth grade, so about five years ago), my repotoir was "Max and Ruby" (about a control-freak girl rabbit and her stupid younger brother) and Dora the Explorer.

Please consider that at the time, my brain was mush and the alternative was that my mom try to catch me up on my math and teach me about sine, cosine, and tangent. :sleep

DevilWearsPrada Jan 18th, 2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 608491)
Okay, that I never saw before. What is it from?

Chowder.

Flapjack is the greatest kids cartoon of recent years. it's just so grotesque, it's fantastic

Phoenix Gamma Jan 19th, 2009 08:15 PM

While we're talking about kid's shows, the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls special is on right now. It looks nice with the more modern animation, even though the show is moving along too fucking fast. But it's still really well written.

Er...I mean...I like manly cartoons like Batman. Actually, I do; The Animated Series was awesome, man. I still watch those old episodes.

Flapjack's funny too. I like the textures they use, and the silly faces they make are nice for a cheap laugh.

Dimnos Jan 20th, 2009 04:29 PM

What is Ben 10 a rip-off of?

Tadao Jan 20th, 2009 04:44 PM

What is Ben 10?

BTW Powerpuff Girls never really had a plot line right? Each episode was really a stand alone. Mojo Jojo is the greatest, and if you can keep up with his sentences you should be able to keep up with a story.... wait. What exactly do you mean by saying the story is moving too fuckig fast? I can't imagine this situation.

bigtimecow Jan 20th, 2009 05:48 PM

ROCKOOO'S MODEERRRRRRRRRRN LIFE
(rocko's modern life)
ROCKOOOOO'S MODERRRRRRRNN LIFE
(rocko's modern life!)

AWW COME ON HEFF

ZeldaQueen Jan 20th, 2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 608789)
What is Ben 10?

BTW Powerpuff Girls never really had a plot line right? Each episode was really a stand alone. Mojo Jojo is the greatest, and if you can keep up with his sentences you should be able to keep up with a story.... wait. What exactly do you mean by saying the story is moving too fuckig fast? I can't imagine this situation.

Ben 10, from what I've gathered, is about a kid named Ben with this alien wrist-mounted device that lets him turn into ten different alien forms (hence the name). His grandfather takes him and his cousin Gwen on trips in which they run into various monsters/aliens.

And Powerpuff Girls was great! Didn't think the movie was so great though.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 20th, 2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 608789)
What is Ben 10?

Ah crap. Bad wording on my part. I mean the episode's pacing is really fucking fast because they wanted to include every villain and character while still telling some form of a story.

Basically, all of the characters are talking a lot quicker than usual and the story jumps from one thing to another. Actually, imagine everyone talking as fast as Mojo, and you have a good idea of what I mean. It's still funny, and watching Mojo JoJo sing "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" had me, literally, laughing out loud, but it should have been longer than 30 minutes.

It's already been uploaded on Rapidshare if you're interested. If you liked the series, you'll enjoy the final episode. Oh, and the ending is really...unexpected.

ZeldaQueen Jan 20th, 2009 10:39 PM

Ah, Mojo Jojo rocked. :lol

Among my favorite of his plots were the ones to turn everyone into dogs and the later one in which he tried his dog plan again, spending the entire episode reviewing what went wrong prior.

I didn't really like the backstory they gave for him and used in the movies though. I liked the villains because they were spontaneous, with no real backstory.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 20th, 2009 10:58 PM

They had backstories. Like Elmer, the kid who ate glue and was bullied, then became glue and bullied everyone with his big glue powers.

Speaking of backstories in superhero cartoons, I just watched the Mr. Freeze episode of Batman: tAS again. Genius. They don't make cartoons like they used to.

ZeldaQueen Jan 20th, 2009 11:05 PM

But the main villains, like Him or Fuzzy didn't have backstories (near as I recall). I remember that a general backstory was given for the generic monsters, but on average there wasn't much of any given.

And I remember watching those Batman cartoons years ago. Haven't seen them for awhile though. I turned out more of a Marvel fan than a DC one (both had their merits though).

Angryhydralisk Jan 23rd, 2009 10:52 AM

Too many cartoons. Hell, I'd like to see some Cow & Chicken, Dexter's Lab (Cartoon CARTOONS!), and some of the older nicktoons.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 23rd, 2009 10:05 PM

I R BABBOON :lol