I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2009 12:50 PM

Egg and Spoon Race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWad76Ipyuw

Dixie Feb 13th, 2009 12:53 PM

I'm enjoying those alot.

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2009 12:57 PM

She has a lot of good characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNQMyMLnakc

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2009 01:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxkoksCK8E

"Homo-lulu, is called. All-a boys a love Homolulu, eh? Lots of pretty boys."

Grislygus Feb 13th, 2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God (Post 613814)
I've had great luck with I-Mockery members, no one's creeped me out yet. Yahoo Chat about 8-9 years ago gave me my only bad experiences with meeting people from online.
Here we generally have good people though. I even have a very high opinion of my ex who used to post here!

Five people who I don't know in the least have informed me that I creep them out in the last two weeks, hordes of fat mothers inexplicably glare death at me whenever I stop by the high school to give my little brother a lift, and people start walking clear on the other side, in the gutter, well before I pass them on the sidewalk, so I can safely say that I give off a serial killer vibe (and my newest passport photos confirm this)

On the brighter side, mock meets have gone the way of King Arthur, so anyone's chances of meeting me is nil and my counterpoint proves invalid

RaNkeri Feb 13th, 2009 04:11 PM

ESS TEE AY ELL KAY EE ARR

Sam Feb 13th, 2009 04:17 PM

WEST COAST MOCK MEET 2009

MetalMilitia Feb 13th, 2009 04:58 PM

Back from London.

We went to see the Tate Modern, Natural History Museum and Science Museum.

Tate modern was kind of suck. Perhaps I'm just a philistine but I cannot understand the vast majority of modern art. My main criticism is that I find a lot of modern art-particularly performance art-indistinguishable from parody versions of itself. You could show me a video of Paul Macartny punching himself in the face with a boxing glove and I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was legitimate "art" or a joke (fyi, this was a legitimate performance art piece in the gallery). Meh, not my cup of tea at all.

The Natural History museum is great for looking at dinosaur bones and stuffed animals and they've got a big Darwin exhibition at the moment as it's like Darwin month or something in the UK. All in all it's a cool place to go, and worth checking out if you get a chance.

The Science Museum is really cool too. It's huge and they've got a lot of good stuff. The V2 rocket they have was the stand-out thing for me because it was so much bigger than I thought it would be. They had all the gyroscopic targeting mechanisms out on show as well which was interesting. There was also a V1 and a few war planes which were good to look at but not as cool as the V2.
They also had a whole floor on the history of computing and mathematics with several versions of Babbage's Difference Engine kicking about. Nerdy stuff indeed.

The journey home was kind of a hassle because my MP3 player's battery died on me and I had to listen to a screaming toddler directly behind me on the coach and an incredibly stupid sounding woman on the phone directly next to me, across the isle.

I don't know what the fuck her problem was but she kept phoning and being phoned by presumably the same person and then talking to him (I assume it was a him) for about 5 minutes each time using only four fucking sentences (or more accurately, sentence fragments/words). She'd say "HI... YOU ARIGHT?..OKAY...YOU ARIGHT?...OKAY...YOU ARIGHT THOUGH?..I'M ON A BUS. A WHITE BUS". I'm not exaggerating. I heard her say "YOU ARIGHT" at least 20-30+ times in 5-6 phone calls. And "I'M ON A BUS" almost as much. She also did this weird thing where she'd take the phone away from her face mid-sentence and look at the screen for about 5 seconds then put it back to her back and continue talking-"okay... yeah..."-as if she'd been listening to whoever she was speaking to.
It wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't speaking so fucking loudly or if she'd actually spoken in real sentences that I could eavesdrop on.

All in all it was a decent day out.

Sam Feb 13th, 2009 05:02 PM

I'LL REMEMBER THAT THE NEXT TIME I AM IN LONDON.

Tadao Feb 13th, 2009 05:03 PM

That looks long, should I read it or watch tv?

MetalMilitia Feb 13th, 2009 05:07 PM

watch tv

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2009 05:15 PM

I'm sick dammit :(

Sam Feb 13th, 2009 05:15 PM

I HATE FEBRUARY

RaNkeri Feb 13th, 2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 613867)
Back from London.

We went to see the Tate Modern, Natural History Museum and Science Museum.

Too bad you didn't get to visit Imperial War museum, that place is kick ass awesome

executioneer Feb 13th, 2009 05:21 PM

man i am glad i didnt fly into new york :eek

Tadao Feb 13th, 2009 05:22 PM

Are all the good museums only in London? I wanna see Great Britain and go to the museums, but I don't want to be in London.

RaNkeri Feb 13th, 2009 05:25 PM

I've heard there is an awesome war museum in Washington, I'd love to go there one day.
That, and Chicago Natural History museum.

Tadao Feb 13th, 2009 05:26 PM

BTW MM, that lady was running away from her life to meet up with a man who is leaving his wife to be with her.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 13th, 2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 613881)
man i am glad i didnt fly into new york :eek

You would have been fine. We're nowhere near NYC.

MetalMilitia Feb 13th, 2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 613877)
Too bad you didn't get to visit Imperial War museum, that place is kick ass awesome

I'm going there at some point in the future, thing is I was with my girlfriend and he's not really into that sort of thing. Girls :rolleyes

Tadao: Unfortunatly the majority of good museums are in London, but it depends what you want to see. If you're into Tanks or Aviation the best places are scattered across the countryside. The same goes for Roman Briton, medieveil forts etc.

But it is definatly worth visting London for atleast a day or two.

RaNkeri Feb 13th, 2009 05:49 PM

I spent a week in London with my dad between the London bombings. We pretty much spent every day in museums.One day isn't enough to go through British Museum, we were approximately able to see only 1/4 of the stuff there. HMS Belfast was cool.
The most memorable thing I remember from our trip was however the moment of silence that was held for the victims of the terrorist attacks, we were at Westminister Abbey at the moment and it was quite touching. We also witnessed the gathering on Trafalgar Square.

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2009 05:58 PM

Rankeri: the Field Museum?

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 613886)
You would have been fine. We're nowhere near NYC.

My dad flies into Buffalo all the time, I'm glad it wasn't one of his weeks to visit that factory :/

RaNkeri Feb 13th, 2009 06:00 PM

Yeah, that one. I've wanted to visit it ever since I saw The Ghost and the Darkness when I was in elementary school :(

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2009 06:06 PM

lol.

I love the field museum. I used to know someone who curated a big exhibit there. I was offered to come for an after-hours special tour, wink wink, but I turned them down :/ I'm reasonably sure there would have been attempted fucking and that grossed me out.

The field museum is really cool, but my preference has always been the Milwaukee Public Museum 45 minutes to the north, where they perfected the art of the diorama.