I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Sep 12th, 2009 11:59 PM

:pagebrak

Colonel Flagg Sep 13th, 2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 647777)
I don't have to read shit if I don't feel like it. I take a great many science and math classes. They account for ten of my fifteen hours.

That works (sometimes), but the required courses in humanities killed me. As the first semester was the veritable wake-up call, I became more diligent as time progressed. By the time I got to grad school, I did all suggested reading as a matter of course - didn't even think about it. All my fellow students complained that I was "busting the curve". :\

Tadao Sep 13th, 2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 647785)
I just got back from walking the woods to get to the bridge at the other side so I could watch the lightning storm in the distance. We've been getting torrential rain lately, but I figured it'd just be insanely muddy, like usual.
Because I had my earbuds in, I didn't hear the river that was right in front of me as I was watching the sky, and got swept away a good thirty feet before I struggled back onto land. I'm fine, but my cd player is toast, and I feel pretty lame.

That's kinda scary.

Fathom Zero Sep 13th, 2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 647793)
That works (sometimes), but the required courses in humanities killed me. As the first semester was the veritable wake-up call, I became more diligent as time progressed. By the time I got to grad school, I did all suggested reading as a matter of course - didn't even think about it. All my fellow students complained that I was "busting the curve". :\

I'm told it just gets easier as time goes on and experience levels rise. But so far, as I've been reading and studying, it's been easy.

My goal is just to get a degree to please people. I actually like manual labor more and I want to go to vocational school when I get outta here.

Babs Sep 13th, 2009 01:37 AM

vocational schools do wonders for specialized studies.

Fathom Zero Sep 13th, 2009 01:42 AM

Maybe even UTI. I could get into that. Cars are really interesting to me lately, not that I know much. I just wanna learn how to do things.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 13th, 2009 01:13 PM

Aimless: What kind of cajun are we having for dinner tonight?

Chojin Sep 13th, 2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 647774)
I chalk it up to the fact that high school was so flipping easy, then to go to college and actually have to work hard and actually read the assigned texts gave me a case of the bends. I was just lucky that my school's policy was to give only P/F grades during first semester freshman year.

I got better.

I passed high school with something like straight Ds (and actually did fail ENGLISH once), but then I spent a couple years in the real world and suddenly had a newfound appreciation for school.

Now my GPA is 3.88 in college. It would be a 4.0 but I seemed to have a habit of picking my first class of the day to be run by some retarded hose beast who valued punctuality over all things. Also one of classes I got a B in was womens' studies, and fuck bitches.

Aimless Sep 13th, 2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 647828)
Aimless: What kind of cajun are we having for dinner tonight?

Jambalaya <3

.... if you don't show this time, it's over. :|

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 13th, 2009 02:53 PM

Awww. We've been through too much for this to come between us.

Aimless Sep 13th, 2009 02:57 PM

oh, so you're already admitting that you're not going to show? What is it, my cooking? :(

Pub Lover Sep 13th, 2009 03:04 PM

Bill's little problem hasn't cleared up. But don't worry, he is on the right medication, and he'll be over as soon as he gets the nod from his Doc.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 13th, 2009 03:07 PM

I would love to eat your cooking. :) ....and that thing pub mentioned. As soon as Doctor Boogie gives me the green light I'll be there.

Aimless Sep 13th, 2009 03:29 PM

okay, but three strikes and you're out. *sigh*

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 13th, 2009 03:55 PM

Dinner at my place is always an option. I can make some really great Italian food.

Pub Lover Sep 13th, 2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorScales (Post 647857)
Iceland 1988 a young man has been driving for hours to get from one frozen town to another. His car has broken down and he's walking, when a car stops to pick him up
Spoilers!

:lol :rock

This is the sort of movie I want to see more of. Good work, Fartin. :(

Colonel Flagg Sep 13th, 2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 647840)
Also one of classes I got a B in was womens' studies, and fuck bitches.

I'll bet that wasn't a course on female "appreciation", but rather on Susan B. Anthony, Harriet Tubman and Helen Keller. Getting a 'B' was probably pretty good, for a guy. :lol

Tadao Sep 13th, 2009 04:40 PM

Tadao Sep 13th, 2009 04:42 PM

Tadao Sep 13th, 2009 04:45 PM

Tadao Sep 13th, 2009 04:46 PM

Babs Sep 13th, 2009 04:59 PM

MajorScales Sep 13th, 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 647867)
:lol :rock

This is the sort of movie I want to see more of. Good work, Fartin. :(

I knew Boogie would delete it :\ He can't handle the fact not everyone writes like the are still in high school.

Some great writing and my stuff is on this site...and don't use the fact that I use the word Rape in my script...they play RAPE ME by Nirvana on my local radio station and no one freaks out.

http://jammsbrondocdaneekasyakhut.yuku.com/topic/4698

Zhukov Sep 13th, 2009 08:29 PM

I really enjoyed women studies at University. It wasn't my best subject, but I feel I could have taken it further. I might, one day.

Chojin Sep 13th, 2009 08:31 PM

4.5 oz. chicken breast
2.5 oz. orange roughy fillet
3.7 oz. ground beef (93/7)
120 g. onions
78 g. cauliflower
+ soy sauce and spices

432 kcal / 9g fat / 10g carb / 72g protein

Got the idea from when my friend ordered a 'triple delight' at a chinese place and then asked for them to serve it without vegetables. He got a box of meat.

Shit's nice, btw.