I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Murder Mystery (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704291)

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 4th, 2010 01:53 PM

Murder Mystery

I was interested in attending a murder mystery dinner or even a murder mystery train ride. Most of the services I've seen are for private parties but I was wondering if anyone here has ever been to one or had any experience with them.

Fathom Zero Mar 4th, 2010 02:16 PM

Heard of, but never looked into them. They seemed to me like the Medieval Times dinner-type hackiness.

The Leader Mar 4th, 2010 02:46 PM

Does anyone remember the murder mystery dinner episode of the Golden Girls? That's the extent of my experience with them.

Dr. Boogie Mar 4th, 2010 03:18 PM

I remember the murder-mystery episode of Reno 911!

WhiteRat Mar 4th, 2010 03:32 PM

I would go to a murder mystery deal only if they made the murder as modern and realistic as possible. Like the victim would have to be a college aged woman who was strangled with her own pantyhose (also encrusted with semen) after meeting a potential employer on craigslist. The viewers would have to do things like trace IPs to solve this classic who-dun-it.

Zomboid Mar 4th, 2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 674764)
I remember the murder-mystery episode of Reno 911!

King of the Hill, for me.

Supafly345 Mar 4th, 2010 04:13 PM

I was hoping this was going to be a simulated murder mystery thread to find the i-mock killer.

ChrisGlass Mar 4th, 2010 06:51 PM

I got dragged to a Tony & Tina's Wedding event. That's KINDA like a Murder Mystery, especially when I'm pulled on stage to sing and I don't know all the lyrics to Grease.

Kitsa Mar 4th, 2010 08:35 PM

Stuff like that is my own personal version of hell. Sorry, no experience here. I'd chew my own arm off to get away.

The Office (at least the US version) had a murder mystery ep. It was excruciating.

Supafly345 Mar 5th, 2010 02:01 AM

The golden girls had one and so did malcolm in the middle. Its a staple of sitcom grievances, like airline food to stand-up.

The Leader Mar 5th, 2010 01:04 PM

>:

Evil Robot Mar 5th, 2010 10:54 PM

They should combine restaurants and DMV offices.

Pentegarn Mar 7th, 2010 10:02 AM

I went to one, but it has been almost 20 years. I will tell you what I remember of them.

Like any play, it is divided into short acts. The guests are treated as detectives being served dinner by the suspects. Because the players in the mystery dinner theater are also the wait staff, while they serve you you can ask them questions about the murder which they will answer. That, coupled with the clues they give during the scenes should give you the clues you need. Each table then makes an accusation and the winners got free desert. (that sort of reward system may vary with the people doing it though)

Terra Mar 7th, 2010 10:20 AM

I would rather just sit in a corner and drink until I come up with any answer that is suitable.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 7th, 2010 11:35 AM

Thanks dim. I also like terra's "answer". We had a murder mystery team building exorcise at work this week but it was kinda weak. It would have been better had I had my monocle.