I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   9-11 Trials (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703529)

Tadao Nov 13th, 2009 01:47 PM

9-11 Trials

Obama wants to try the suspects in N.Y.

That's a dumb idea. Let's through gas of the fire.

Fathom Zero Nov 13th, 2009 01:49 PM

They will die. It's practically factual.

Dimnos Nov 13th, 2009 01:56 PM

They should get their day in court just like every one else in this country. Yes yes I know... They arent actually US citizens but we shouldnt have two definitions of justice. Justice for us is the same justice we should hand out. We are supposed to be better than that. Besides, like Fathom said, its practically factual what will happen to them anyway.

Tadao Nov 13th, 2009 02:09 PM

I'm just thinking about the shit storm of accusations that are going to fly around over this. Aren't we trying to repair our status as a world leader? Holding the trials in D.C. would make more sense.

Dimnos Nov 13th, 2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 658804)
I'm just thinking about the shit storm of accusations that are going to fly around over this. Aren't we trying to repair our status as a world leader? Holding the trials in D.C. would make more sense.

Yes. Yes it would. Not to mention in a lot of high profile murder trials they move it to another area on the grounds of the jury pool being bias. Not that I think they could find a jury in the US that wouldnt be bias but moving it out of NY is probably what should be done.

kahljorn Nov 13th, 2009 05:30 PM

The crime was committed in united states jurisdiction. I would assume this would go to federal court, which has no juries.

I guess you can request a jury? Anyway usually in federal courts they are tried by a panel of judges.

Tadao Nov 13th, 2009 05:54 PM

If a N.Y. judge wants to keep his job, there can only be one outcome.

Dimnos Nov 13th, 2009 06:54 PM

Juries... judges... You know what Im talking about.

Geggy Nov 15th, 2009 09:15 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...dministration/

911 was an inside job. Evidence was obtained through torture. And all that.

Geggy Nov 15th, 2009 09:40 AM

Mukasey threatens...oops I mean warns of 'very high' risk of attack over NYC 9/11 trial

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshge...911_trial.html

El Blanco Nov 15th, 2009 01:09 PM

Geggy, still on that shit?

Will you be protesting at the trial, defending a man accused of a crime you have irrefutable proof he didn't commit?

Wait, what's that? The 9/11 conspiracy bullshit is just a cry for help by a bunch of sad, lonely, and hopeless people?

Ya, figured that much already. And you even used FOX News as a source, you fucking hypocrite.

That stupidity out of the way:

NYC was the one of the jurisdictions of the crimes on 9/11. We also have the best facilities and have aptly handled trials like this in the past. Like the first WTC bombing trial and the Bernie Madoff trial.

And can someone tell me a place that won't have a supposedly tainted jury pool?

El Blanco Nov 15th, 2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 658806)
Yes. Yes it would. Not to mention in a lot of high profile murder trials they move it to another area on the grounds of the jury pool being bias. Not that I think they could find a jury in the US that wouldnt be bias but moving it out of NY is probably what should be done.

Why is moving it to another city that was attacked that day a good idea? Why does the opinions of other countries matter here? It was an attack on our soil and they will be processed like every other criminal. They are being treated as they should.

Tadao Nov 15th, 2009 01:11 PM

We can at least pretend.

Chojin Nov 15th, 2009 01:18 PM

we should try them in DC because they haven't heard about 9/11 yet

Tadao Nov 15th, 2009 01:23 PM

Well, did they attack N.Y. or America?

Tadao Nov 15th, 2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 659050)
Why does the opinions of other countries matter here?

I'd like to go to other countries and play without getting treated like shit and ripped of.

El Blanco Nov 15th, 2009 08:41 PM

You going into tourist traps and the locals giving you shitty treatment has nothing to do with this trial. I have no idea why you think moving this trial to Washington would make them stop being douche bags.

Tadao Nov 16th, 2009 02:30 PM

:rolleyes

kahljorn Nov 16th, 2009 05:49 PM

Personally I think the entire idea of this trial is retarded. How can you charge somebody for a war crime (if it can even be called that) in a civil court? I guess that's one thing that foreigners might get pissed about.

All they have to do is argue that it was committed in an act of war and the entire case becomes stupid.

Dr. Boogie Nov 16th, 2009 06:19 PM

Does it count as an act of war if they aren't representing a specific nation?

kahljorn Nov 16th, 2009 06:26 PM

Maybe.
But, then, they could just say that they are representing the interests of a country which has been taken over by us. In effect, they could say they are a "Resistance" to our colonial rule or some shit.

I think it would be more troublesome to not consider this a possible warcrime

Tadao Nov 16th, 2009 06:48 PM

I think the guys set for trial right now are gonna be accused of the 9-11 plot, so that would be before we took Afghanistan.

kahljorn Nov 16th, 2009 06:53 PM

I'm aware of that, but why did terrorists attack us? it wasn't because they thought their countries were completely free of western involvement.

Tadao Nov 16th, 2009 07:04 PM

The real reason? We'll never get to know that. I'm sure Captain America will show up soon with the proper flag waving answer though.

Evil Robot Nov 16th, 2009 07:16 PM

They attacked the WTC because they thought it was full of Jewish people.