I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Another Haunted Mansion movie (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707607)

b_squared Sep 28th, 2011 02:07 PM

Another Haunted Mansion movie

This time it will be made with Guillermo Del Toro writing and directing. He promises that it will be scary.

From the transcripts comic con panel
" What we are trying to do is we are trying to make it scary, trying to make it… It definitely is not a comedy you know, we don’t have a comedian in the cast."

Growing up in So Cali with Disneyland nearby, I'm looking foward to this. It has to be better than the other Haunted House movie with Eddie Murphy.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 28th, 2011 04:01 PM

It HAS to be better than the eddie murphy one. I heard the central character in this would be the Hatbox ghost.

b_squared Sep 28th, 2011 04:13 PM

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to 10,000 volt ghost again.
:(

Pickle props for being geeky enough to mention the hat box ghost.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 28th, 2011 04:15 PM

I used to love the shit out of the haunted mansion. Same thing with Pirates of the Caribbean just from going on the rides in Disneyworld from when I was young.

....memories

b_squared Sep 28th, 2011 04:30 PM

Supposedly Del toro has a secret room behind a bookcase all decorated in the haunted mansion theme. Same wallpaper, stretching ghost portraits, gargoyle candle holders and a replica hat box ghost.

Edit to say the Disney geek in me is jealous.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Sep 30th, 2011 09:23 AM

If Del Toro is doing it, I'm all in. I just got a chance to do attend a Q/A with the guy at the world screening of his Director's Cut version of Mimic. Super nice guy with an amazing perspective on how films should be done.

The new cut of Mimic is a VAST improvement by the way, I highly recommend picking it up.

b_squared Sep 30th, 2011 12:56 PM

Del Toro is also working on a version of Pinocchio. I think this has real creepy potential.

Grislygus Oct 6th, 2011 09:06 PM

THIS IS OLD NEWS

Sacks Oct 12th, 2011 07:02 PM

HBG as a central character would ruin a lot of the mystery behind him. If the movie was successful they'd probably stick him back in the mansion in several different places and use the new CGI technology they're using to shit up the place.

Grislygus Oct 12th, 2011 10:21 PM

They've never gotten to USE him, though, it'll be cool for the movie (I think). I hope Guillermo brings up the Sea Captain, too

Fathom Zero Oct 12th, 2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 744770)
The new cut of Mimic is a VAST improvement by the way, I highly recommend picking it up.

Oh jam, I didn't know this was a thing. Loved Mimic.

Sacks Oct 13th, 2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 746508)
They've never gotten to USE him, though, it'll be cool for the movie (I think). I hope Guillermo brings up the Sea Captain, too

The sea captain is a more likely candidate because he has a backstory and Disney recently put up a large gravestone for him in the queue.

Lone Wanderer Oct 30th, 2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks (Post 746564)
The sea captain is a more likely candidate because he has a backstory and Disney recently put up a large gravestone for him in the queue.

A fucking annoyingly huge and lawsuit liable gravestone!