I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Jul 17th, 2011 06:54 AM

It's a cool melee FPS. But it makes bad decisions sometimes, I think. Part of me says it tries too hard to be weird.

Dr. Boogie Jul 17th, 2011 12:02 PM

I liked Zeno Clash. It didn't seem like it was that weird. It was downright Dr. Seuss-ian at times, but with more violence.

Fathom Zero Jul 17th, 2011 12:56 PM

I remember it feeling very much like a mod on the PC. But then I didn't get that vibe on the 360 version, so I dunno.

I'm excited for the studio's next game, Rock of Ages.

Their style's pretty wicked.

creeposaurus Jul 17th, 2011 02:44 PM

Sailor Moon RPG

Guitar Woman Jul 17th, 2011 08:25 PM

Don't get Monday Night Combat.

LordSappington Jul 18th, 2011 03:25 AM

Addicted to TF2 trading and Minecraft.
Again.
Dunno what the hell is up with them; it's like once I start playing again, I'm suddenly fixated on building awesome houses in cliffs, and making trades.

k0k0 Jul 18th, 2011 04:12 AM

I couldn't get into minecraft, but a similar game, Terraria, got me hooked. It's like a minecraft castlevania baby.

LordSappington Jul 18th, 2011 04:46 AM

I'll stick with Minecraft.

Mad Melvin Jul 18th, 2011 05:54 AM

Minecraft is rapidly evolving into a really great game. The thing that bugs me most about it, is the lack of a goal. It's fun to build deep mines and castles for a while, but I would like to have some sort of a point to all that. Like achievements and shit.

OxBlood Jul 18th, 2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 732446)
I couldn't get into minecraft, but a similar game, Terraria, got me hooked. It's like a minecraft castlevania baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 732448)
I'll stick with Minecraft.

Both games are great but they do different things. Terraria is not so much about building stuff than about adventuring, but I guess sometime around this year, Mojang will add it.

Zhukov Jul 18th, 2011 11:27 AM

Just finished Oot on 3ds, so now I'm playing through Twilight Princess in the hopes that the next Zelda game will be ready on the exact date I finish it.

LordSappington Jul 18th, 2011 05:34 PM

Yeah, Minecraft is getting anther update, which will add a TON of new shit, and pretty soon will be getting Adventure Mode, thus making it the full game. He'll probably still add stuff.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

On a related note, I miss the Seecret Friday Updates. :(

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2011 05:36 PM

KUNAI STAB KUNAI STAB KUNAI STAB 69x

Mad Melvin Jul 19th, 2011 06:51 PM

I bought the four add-on cases for L.A. Noire. The quality seems to be equal to the main game and the characters get a bit more fleshed out. Nice.

darkvare Jul 19th, 2011 08:12 PM

how do you take steam screenshots?

LordSappington Jul 19th, 2011 09:17 PM

F12

Zhukov Jul 19th, 2011 09:37 PM

PrtSc

darkvare Jul 19th, 2011 11:26 PM

thanks i'm gonna take pictures of my slutty character in the games dance club

OxBlood Jul 20th, 2011 05:30 AM

I´m playing Dungeons of Dredmor, a kind of streamlined Roguelike. 4 Bucks on Steam and hell is it a fun game. 3 Difficulties optional Permadeath for those among us that want to practice a bit, you chose 7 from 30-something skills to build your little dude. Can be any combination from Armor-wearing Fleshmancers to Golem-summoning Math-wizzes to Martial-Arts-Bloodmages. Lots of loot, lots of crafting, shops, Monster Zoos, random Dungeons of course, nice and easy interface, a lot of humor...very good game and for 4 bucks it´s a steal.

Now excuse me, my nordic Berserker-Fungusmancer-Axepoet-Guy needs to kill this robotic asshole and plant Mushrooms on his rusting corpse :)

Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God!!

OxBlood Jul 21st, 2011 04:49 AM

Nice, my EDF Insect Armageddon finally arrived. I love that series :)

k0k0 Jul 21st, 2011 07:22 AM

You get it on Xbox 360 or PS3? I got it and beat it with 2 classes, trooper and tactical. Tactical isn't too great, but I enjoy trooper. I'm working on beating it on Hard when I get the time. It's not as great as 2017, in my opinion, but it's still pretty addictive.

Zomboid Jul 21st, 2011 07:44 AM

Finished Honest Hearts in New Vegas. So much better than Dead Money, but the companions this time around were terrible--that was the one thing that Dead Money had going for it. I got incredibly annoyed with that Follows-Chalk guy repeating the same shit over and over again. I had to reload the first time I met him because I blew him away with a gauss rifle, thinking he was a bad guy; in retrospect, I shouldn't have reloaded.

I think I'll start the newest DLC tomorrow.

OxBlood Jul 21st, 2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 732902)
You get it on Xbox 360 or PS3? I got it and beat it with 2 classes, trooper and tactical. Tactical isn't too great, but I enjoy trooper. I'm working on beating it on Hard when I get the time. It's not as great as 2017, in my opinion, but it's still pretty addictive.

360. For some odd reason, the release is on the 22nd over here. I only played the first 3 Missions mostly with the Trooper-Armor but I´m not sure which one to use for the first playthrough...probably either Battle or Jet, those are fun :)

What makes 2017 the better game in your opinion? I´ve played that one too back in the day, wonderful game. IA has less levels, right? Only something around 15 as far as I´ve heard?

k0k0 Jul 21st, 2011 10:07 AM

There's less levels, less enemies on screen at once (they supplement this by having enemies spawn one after another to make it seem like there are), less giant enemies, and while I like the class system, the 300 weapons listed are divided up between the classes, so it's really only about 75 weapons per class. I liked being able to pick up the health packs in order to raise my health and 'level up' rather than being set with levels. Plus it doesn't seem like the new weapons come fast enough. Whenever there's a new weapon pickup, 1 out of 4 times it's for a class that you don't use. But that's not saying it isn't a really enjoyable game. It is.

OxBlood Jul 21st, 2011 11:55 AM

Interesting. I noticed the thing with the weapons. Got a gun and it says it´s for someone else AND even if I was playing that class, it´s Tier4 so I couldn´t use it anyway.

I was also a little irritated by the new health-system, I really liked the mini-grind you got into when trying to level up your health :)

Still, I´m happy that the series survives cause it deserves to survive :)

Guess I´m gonna play more Battle-Armor tonight.