I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Octomom gets her dream job (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702664)

Colonel Flagg Jul 27th, 2009 04:29 PM

Octomom gets her dream job

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6727995.ece

What idiot agreed to this? >:

Tadao Jul 27th, 2009 04:42 PM

I was hoping that no one would promote her here (meaning I was hoping no one would make a post about it). I knew that it would happen though. This show will be successful. People just can't ignore her. Even the ones who hate her the most still have to tell people about her. She is a cash cow and the idiot who agreed to this is gonna be rich.

Dimnos Jul 27th, 2009 04:55 PM

The degradation of society continues! :facepalm

Colonel Flagg Jul 27th, 2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 639192)
I was hoping that no one would promote her here (meaning I was hoping no one would make a post about it). I knew that it would happen though. This show will be successful. People just can't ignore her. Even the ones who hate her the most still have to tell people about her. She is a cash cow and the idiot who agreed to this is gonna be rich.

I apologize T, for being the moron. :dunce

I do wish she would self-destruct, though. :explode

ZeldaQueen Jul 27th, 2009 05:09 PM

Okay, screw it, I am now convinced that it is possible for people to do something stupid and get their dream job. >:

I shall now have five pairs of Siamese twins on live tv and use the publicity to get a job as a professional chocolate taster for Sarris.

Tadao Jul 27th, 2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 639195)
I apologize T, for being the moron. :dunce

I do wish she would self-destruct, though. :explode

You have no idea how badly I wanted to post about it when I found out 2 days ago. :lol It was a little experiment and I am thankful that it took longer to hit the boards than I expected. I'll probably watch the show though cause I need to feel better about myself.

ZeldaQueen Jul 27th, 2009 05:18 PM

Is there even going to be any sort of point to the show besides the whole "Oh look, there's a mom with a lot of kids!" which, I might add, is hardly a revolutionary idea.

Tadao Jul 27th, 2009 05:23 PM

Yes, she is nuts. She might think she is on a show because she had 8 kids, but everyone is gonna watch because she is going to say some crazy shit that we can talk about and dissect and complain about.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 27th, 2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 639199)
Okay, screw it, I am now convinced that it is possible for people to do something stupid and get their dream job. >:

:lol, have you been to America? Getting your own T.V. show now is like a lottery for stupid people.

kahljorn Jul 28th, 2009 03:27 AM

i just watched this south park episode about sacrificing americans for corn :(

kert Jul 30th, 2009 03:30 AM

Reality television. :sleep

elx Jul 30th, 2009 02:10 PM

as if the rest of the world doesn't hate america enough, why do we have to subject them to our crazies? :(

p.s - the fourteen kids aren't even in the filming right now, none of them will be shown, it's exclusively about octomom when she's away from them, which is apparently quite often.

Dimnos Jul 30th, 2009 02:23 PM

Is it airing in other countries? If they are dumb enough to bring it over the pond and put it on their airwaves then they deserve it.

Colonel Flagg Jul 30th, 2009 03:00 PM

I hope the show lasts about as long as either "The T.O. Show" on VH1, or Monica Lewinsky's talk show on Style. Even cable has minimum standards on ratings.

Dimnos Jul 30th, 2009 03:07 PM

The TO Show already done for? :lol

Colonel Flagg Jul 30th, 2009 04:41 PM

From what I gather it has defined new levels of "suck" heretofore unplumbed by the conventional reality show.

Dimnos Jul 30th, 2009 05:15 PM

"Thats MY show. MY show."

MrSmiley381 Aug 5th, 2009 10:49 PM

If Octomom gets a show, why don't I get a show about doing landscaping with my retarded coworker? Seriously, shit's a laugh for the most part.

Colonel Flagg Aug 6th, 2009 05:42 AM

Why ask why? Write a pitch and shop it around - someone will probably buy it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2009 05:58 PM

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Kitsa Aug 11th, 2009 03:11 PM

If you guys are the same landscapers I saw who were trying to remove a tree limb by pulling it really far back and letting it go, smacking one another in the face, then yeah. I'd watch that show.

MajorScales Aug 20th, 2009 03:35 PM

Is it just me or does Octomom look like she has had some face surgery? She looks like someone sketched Angelina Jolie and fucked up.

ZeldaQueen Aug 20th, 2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorScales (Post 643076)
Is it just me or does Octomom look like she has had some face surgery? She looks like someone sketched Angelina Jolie and fucked up.

Yeah, that was kind of the idea. Apparently the woman's obsessed with Jolie, thus possibly explaining her desire for a boatload of kids.